What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

creative ways to dispose of pot trash

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Distillation. Helps to have knowledge of this process.

I watched a 2 parter on the History Channel on distillation techniques. Modern Marvels.

First off you can turn wine into bourbon rather easy. All you need is a bottle of wine and a 2 pot still. Anyways, I watched how the make a mash of grains first. Some types of alcohol require your to make a mash. The mash is then distilled, kegged in burnt white pine barrels and then bottled.

Since THC does not mix with water, take your weed trash and make a mash. This is basically what you're doing when making ice hash, only you would used much less water. Let the mash sit until fermentation and alcohol starts to form. If you want you can speed up the process with fruit or sugar. You don;t need yeast, but you can always play around.

Once the fermentation is in full swing, you would then heat your pot with the mash inside to 165 degrees, as the alcohol steam rises it will enter the coil, and condense into a liquid. Because THC will dissolve in alcohol, the end product will have THC in it. It will be clear like moonshine or vodka.

If anything, you've just discarded your grow room waste, now you'll have to get rid of the gin mill.

Thanks for reading this nonsense.

If you have the chance to cure your flowers then you can dry up your stems and leafes there aswell.

Once dry, disposal becomes much easier ..

Anyways the BEST way is to fill a bag and throw it in front of a police station :)

This indoor composter looks promising, maybe not for a large cropper but for continual pruning etc, anyone try it? Reviews seem promising:
www.naturemill.com

homepageXE_01.jpg

home_compost_bin_2.jpg

lol, that's for rich people only, cause the guy has food to throw away! Everybody feels pretty confortable with it.. mmm ... no no, im sure they are damn happy to trash that food...

Anyways, nice idea :)

foaf

Veteran
I just would hate to have them weigh a drum of composting leaves and stems and add that into the weight if one got busted, so I try to never have a pile of trim or waste laying around.

I'm fortunate to have some wooded backyard land, so I just crumble and scatter in the woods. As mentioned before, with a little effort, Im sure that one could scatter it in a lawn pretty discreetly.

highyield

Used commercial bar blender is great. I dry the leaves, add dry leaves to water in the blender and let 'er rip. A minute or less and there is only green water remaining. Flush down toilet and done.

I was very impressed with how well the blender reduced the dried leaf matter down to nothing.

Stems, used soil & rootball going to town recycle center.

Much better than the sneaky, night time garbage drops. Never liked doing them, unnecessary, high risk exposure. Won't work in a small town anyway.

F

feral

wear gloves so no prints
put into box
address it to the DEA
go to the next town/city
drop in mailbox
done deal
:wave:

Snypette

Veteran
Me and snype save the trim and use it to make butter. As far as stems and such, we put it in 2 black trash bags (double layered so things don't poke out) and take it to a dumpster at a time when no one will be up. We do it sometime soon after the dumpster was emptied so our trash is in the middle of everyone else's (for odor control).

hopleaf

nothing like using scraps to make a wonderful cannabis ale. they may contain enough thc to get you super high, but the flavor adds to the beer like no other. it compliments the hops and the malt so well.

R

rocky5

i wait till the bin man is a couple of minutes away and then take it out and keep watch
untill its emptied,i started doing this after my wife told me that one of the nosey neighbours she talks to used to go through peoples rubish to find out what they were doing.

BIG JT

I burn it along with all packaging and anything else with my name or anything else. Made the mistake once of making hash and throwing the wet shit in a wal-mart bag and putting it inside another trash bag and all my shit was gone through the next day, needless to say im not living there anymore. That would be awesome if you knew when they were coming and hid in the barrel and popped out at them when they opened it, i bet they would be nervous walking up to trash barrels for a while.

superbolan

mine goes in a bag full of dog crap and gets tossed just as they are at my place, a lot more dog crap then stems etc

flyer

should keep everything and make tea with leaves,
make pills with thc residule
make firewood/compost with branches.
com on ppl lets go green!

mrgrowmez

I put mine through a blender and feed it to my worms!!! They love it and I get liquid fert and worm casting in return... Sll used soil goes in the compost pile.

Before when I lived in an apartment I used to put it in my backpack and bury it in the forest! So dodgy, Ill never do this again.