What's new

CPS TR21 users get in here!!

jpdnkstr

13.5" in Hg. I believe he is referring to the level of vacuum inside the collection pot when opening the dump valve.

"If you just dump the liquid 13.5" in the air, the probability of some of it ending up in the high velocity intake"

Pretty sure he is not talking about level of vacuum.

U

ultraDANKnugz

Any issues running the 6x6 collection pot with a 450g(3x18) tube?

12" deep collection chamber + 1.5" lid and ferrule thickness?

That's what I was thinking but if you're going to include ferrule thickness, wouldn't you include the length of the ball valve and injection tee all the way up to the screen gasket?

Any issues running the 6x6 collection pot with a 450g(3x18) tube?

If you're having issues with a 6x12, I wouldn't go with putting the recovery port even closer to the pool of oil. Try the 220g column.

U

ultraDANKnugz

If you're having issues with a 6x12, I wouldn't go with putting the recovery port even closer to the pool of oil. Try the 220g column.

This was my train of thought as well, however I saw some people say they're running multiple 200g before emptying the collection pot. I understand it would be a larger volume of 'tane in the collection pot using the 450g as opposed to the 200g, but the tubes would reach all the way to the bottom of the collection pot unlike when I use the 6x12 pot where the tubes are sitting ~6" above the bottom.

I have A LOT of material I need to process so I would like to do it in the most timely fashion I safely can.

I appreciate all the help and quick responses greatly.

On a side note - I went on a Google search last night for some 1.5"ID PTFE tubing to no avail. I will contact a machine shop tomorrow about either welding a 6" extension on or having the tubes threaded so I can add extensions allowing me to either run the 6x6 or 6x12, but I'm leaning towards just having the lid permanently extending to use the 6x12 until I can either have a new 12x12 collection pot and lid made or run the Transformator.

ideally I'd like to upgrade to the MKV and a Haskel within the next 2 months once funds permit.

On a side note - I went on a Google search last night for some 1.5"ID PTFE tubing to no avail. I will contact a machine shop tomorrow about either welding a 6" extension on or having the tubes threaded so I can add extensions allowing me to either run the 6x6 or 6x12, but I'm leaning towards just having the lid permanently extending to use the 6x12 until I can either have a new 12x12 collection pot and lid made or run the Transformator.

OD x ID
1 7/8 x 1 1/2
2 1/8 x 1 1/2
2 1/4 x 1 1/2

http://www.enflo.com/extruded_ptfe_tubing.html

also

http://catalog.fluoropolymerproduct...flon-and-ptfe/extruded-tube-teflon-and-ptfe-2

Let us know what you find.

U

ultraDANKnugz

Okay - Heard back from both this morning. They both have relatively large minimum orders. I'm wondering if there's enough of us on here that could get use out of this stuff to justify picking up a bunch.

On a side note - does anyone have diagram for the TR21? I need to take mine apart and check out the internals. I sucked up some oil into the pump and need to clean out the valves/piston and possibly rebuild.

maxinum

Okay - Heard back from both this morning. They both have relatively large minimum orders. I'm wondering if there's enough of us on here that could get use out of this stuff to justify picking up a bunch.

Hi same problem with my transforminator aspirating butane oil mix when I dump to fast. found ss 304 (tubing) OD 1.660 ID 1.530 wall .066 may work by drilling a hole in tubing tack welding a ss 1/4'' nut over hole ad a ss 1/4'' bolt slide length of tubing 14 '' over to the top 1.5 down spout on transforminator ? height about 4'' off of bottom of 12''by 12''tank ?? ya tkink

A bolted extension should work. No need to tack weld on the nut. Have the extension be the larger tube. Drill and through bolt with nut.

Will the gap between the tubes allow a leak point for mist to get out? Will a PTFE bushing be needed to seal this gap?

U

ultraDANKnugz

Decided to dismantle my TR21 tonight. Found a bunch of oil gummed up on the piston heads, piston walls and on the valves in the head.

Plan is to clean all the gunk out and put it all back together and pressure test everything to test its functionality. I will post up tons of pictures in the morning with the breakdown process on the TR21.

Hopefully this will help some others out!

maxinum

A bolted extension should work. No need to tack weld on the nut. Have the extension be the larger tube. Drill and through bolt with nut.

Will the gap between the tubes allow a leak point for mist to get out? Will a PTFE bushing be needed to seal this gap?
yes I think a PTFE bushing would be needed to seal this gap.the nut tacked to the larger ss tubing that slide's over the 1.5 down spout the bolt going threw the nut and the tubing will apply pressure to the terp 1.5 down spout holding the tubing in place and will allows for easy removal for cleaning. and this may be able to do the same for the 1/4 over flow down spout ? on to the look for PTFE bushing .

I think PTFE is a pain to machine but you maybe able to turn an OD on a lathe and then drill the center with a really sharp bit.

Humpi

I'm having trouble finding a TR21 in Canada. Does anyone know where they sell it? Or a site that ships to Canada? The one on Amazon doesn't ship across borders. Thanks

I'm having trouble finding a TR21 in Canada. Does anyone know where they sell it? Or a site that ships to Canada? The one on Amazon doesn't ship across borders. Thanks

Plumbing/HVAC wholesalers in Ontario Canada that carry CPS products:

Uniselect
Lennox
Frontier/Wolsey
United Refrigeration

I ordered my TR 21 from Wolsey and they had it in by the next day.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
13.5"? Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure ultra is using a 6" x 12" collection spool.

The dip tube is about 1.440 inches off the bottom of a 6" X 6" spool, so if you add another 12" of tank, it is now 13.440 inches off the bottom.

Latest posts

Latest posts