What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

Holeshot51

All great strains in their own right.
So privileged to have been able to grow so many Ace strains . And to grow them to their full potential outside and inside .
So good for new growers ( and seasoned.😂) Amazing vigour and diverse terp profiles in every strain I’ve grown.

nattyroots

Small Congo from fem seed in 2x2. Maybe a little overfert but finishing strong. Hopefully another 10 days. In the group pic they are on right (with mpck on left). Note hair difference. Also temps not ideal in 30-33C range with humidity around 60%. Low smell. High density. Not great canopy management but happy with the results. Bulked up nicely.

Attachments

• D0D98C58-5FD4-40D4-AC75-A09B81AB8E61.jpeg
    D0D98C58-5FD4-40D4-AC75-A09B81AB8E61.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 126

nattyroots

Small Congo from fem seed in 2x2. Maybe a little overfert but finishing strong. Hopefully another 10 days. In the group pic they are on right (with mpck on left). Note hair difference. Also temps not ideal in 30-33C range with humidity around 60%. Low smell. High density. Not great canopy management but happy with the results. Bulked up nicely.

Attachments

• 02E6CB7B-D69D-4E39-A7D0-81CEF5D4370A.jpeg
    02E6CB7B-D69D-4E39-A7D0-81CEF5D4370A.jpeg
    557.1 KB · Views: 132

nattyroots

At harvest 70 days. Yes could longer I think but need the space. Would letting it sit in a not so sunny corner help it to mature. It just keeps pumping out more calyxes. Also maybe a lil over fed in the super soil. I like the chunky look though and smells. No mold or pm or anyThing. High temps in the tent.

Attachments

• 0459BD03-9173-43BE-B18E-9453BE32714D.jpeg
    0459BD03-9173-43BE-B18E-9453BE32714D.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 133

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats! Thanks for your feedback @nattyroots :yes: glad you manage to experience this strain both outdoors and indoors. Our Congo strains is indeed very easy to grow, vigorous, versatile and resistant to pests and molds. This latest indoor Congo has lots of Congolese sativa influence in the flower structure, although thicker. Enjoy! ;)

JanKowalski

Sorry to hear that JanKowalski Congo purple expressions are usually quite mold resistant.
Did you manage to have a good harvest from the other female ?
Hello Dubi, sorry for late reply.
I had a nice harvest from the others. No problems at all. Will try again this summer, they fit perfectly with my climate.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful yield and outcome on your Congo female @rcco :tiphat: congrats!
How are her smells at harvest time ?

rcco

Veteran
Wonderful yield and outcome on your Congo female @rcco :tiphat: congrats!
How are her smells at harvest time ?
Hi @dubi,

the smell is sweet with a PCK twist, reminds me of a ssh x pck i have grown in the past. I am not the best for describing a smell, but I like it. The buds are just dry, I have to manucure them and put them in jars for 2-3 months. I am sure this will be tasty smoke after proper curing.

never disapointed with ace genetics 😉

romanoweed

hy @dubi ,
so your Straindescription says it has 1/4 Pakistani in it.
Somebody told me you said thats not the case. Im just wondering whats your statement? is the description outdated , and its actually the pure Congo?
Im confused.

revegeta666

hy @dubi ,
Somebody told me you said thats not the case. Im just wondering whats your statement? is the description outdated , and its actually the pure Congo?
Im confused.
It's the Bangi Haze that doesn't have pck but Nepalese in it, not the Congo. The Bangi Haze also has Congolese in it, so maybe that's why you got confused.

revegeta666

@romanoweed from your post in the Western winds thread:
please show me Kaiki, or even Dubi saying there is PCK in their Sativas

But the bangi haze and the Congo are not pure sativas, and they are not sold as such. Those strains were from cannabiogen, and you can hear dubi on the Potcast commenting on how he didn't think some of those names are adequately descriptive, and that it's not a good idea to call a hybrid "haze" because it's not a pure sativa, but that they kept the original names from cannabiogen out of respect for the original breeders.

Last edited:

goingrey

hy @dubi ,
Im confused.
"F1 hybrid between congolese sativas (Bangi Congo, Congo #3) and Pakistan Chitral Kush."

I understand that as 50% PCK... maybe dubi could clarify.

romanoweed

you can hear dubi on the Potcast commenting on how he didn't think some of those names are adequately descriptive, and that it's not a good idea to call a hybrid "haze"

omg, i just uncovered another story:
it was that the Nepalese from Cannbiogen, there was an Anekdote that Cannabiogen got it from Oldschoolba..
but somebody else said that oldschoolba dint exist when the nepalese was first relased .

so, that was another story where it sounds like Cannabiogen are actually doing such unethical things?

And here is the thing, as i understand it Cannabiogen is run by Charlie Garcia ? wasnt that the guy who accuses ACE for , you know what..--

and that lines up with my personal Standingpoint, i always found the people who acuse ACE to be in such a fight, that i dont trust their word.. Like you know the spanish crew..

Im not sayign theyre wrong, i say, that from personal lifexperience i just dont listen to people in a fight. either they collect themselve and speak softly, or i have problems believing..

That said, it doesent mean that i trust the opposite side of things.. in general i trust very few people just for no real good points or reasons..

So, im just neutral dont knwo who says truth, but this is pretty ...

revegeta666

I
it was that the Nepalese from Cannbiogen, there was an Anekdote that Cannabiogen got it from Oldschoolba..
but somebody else said that oldschoolba dint exist when the nepalese was first relased .

so, that was another story where it sounds like Cannabiogen are actually doing such unethical things?

And here is the thing, as i understand it Cannabiogen is run by Charlie Garcia ? wasnt that the guy who accuses ACE for , you know what..--

and that lines up with my personal Standingpoint, i always found the people who acuse ACE to be in such a fight, that i dont trust their word.. Like you know the spanish crew..

Im not sayign theyre wrong, i say, that from personal lifexperience i just dont listen to people in a fight. either they collect themselve and speak softly, or i have problems believing..

That said, it doesent mean that i trust the opposite side of things.. in general i trust very few people just for no real good points or reasons..

I fail to understand what's your point here sorry. I was trying to help you in regards to your doubts about BH/Congo being crossed with PCK or not. Also I am sorry that you think that spanish people are not worthy of your trust, we will have to work a little bit on that I guess.

As for Charlie Garcia being "that guy who whatever", he is the most respected spanish breeder, and he has been retired for several years. All the rest of your post are speculations which you yourself don't seem very sure about, and I don't get what they have to do with the purity of the Bangi Haze or Congo.

goingrey

The Nepalese is from Reeferman and Oldschoolba was pretending to be Reeferman.

What are Charlie's accusations?

romanoweed

@revegeta666 i didnt mean that about all spanish people oh my good, i said or ment a certain spanish crew that i cant even define..
all i wanted to say is people dont convince me with many of the statement/accusations.. and it feels like a group of buddies always fighting , /or they arent fighting but knowing the truth.. but hence they always in this fighting tone, i just .....
Mamamia, Dont reframe my statments as i dislike any person or group for no reason, thats not what i ment, but is what im ...

Its not about like or dislike, thats reframing it wrong, its I HAVE PROBLEMS BELIEVING OR TRUSTING EITHER SIDE, (BSIDES THE BANGHI HAZE blabla). and i dont even need quotes, but a bit another way of presenting things.. to be able to trust..

Or probably i am biased, but really,, i feel different. Im just tired of all couple weeks i hear: oh this company is all fake.. thats as simple as a statement as it can get, and repeats since about 5 years, since the banghi haze. and it might be justified.. i cant know.. all i know people repeating the same claims, simply as claims, for past 5 years. might be true, might not..

Last edited:

revegeta666

i didnt mean that about all spanish people oh my good, i said or ment a certain spanish crew that i cant even define..
all i wanted to say is people dont convince me with many of the accusations.. and it feels like a group of buddies always fighting , /or they arent fighting but knowing the truth.. but hence they always in this fighting tone, i just .....
Dont reframe my statments as i dislike any person or group for no reason, thats not what i ment, but is what im ...

I am pretty sure I know exactly who you are talking about, whose nickname starts with M and ends with ustafunk, and who is actually a very trustworthy, knowledgeable and generous person. This is why I answered like that.

The fact that people argue and have a fallout doesn't mean that us who are not affected by it have to chose a side, especially when we don't have the first hand information necessary to judge. These are seed companies that take your money in exchange for a product. This idea that the cannabis industry should be a hippie commune where everyone respect each other and stay friends forever is unrealistic. You wouldn't expect that from the people you buy tomato seeds from.