What's new

Congo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely gocha1900 ;) what a beauty! Is it the same colorful clone you used to grow indoors, or a different plant ?

wlk

Hallo folks!

Boy, do I wish I'd found and read this thread before I popped my regular congo - I might have been a bit more prepared! I'd love to hear dubi's thoughts on these phenotypes.

I'm not hugely experienced and these girls certainly tested me. They absolutely hated nitrogen - I have a clone of one of these that has been in a 6L pot for 14 weeks with no food at all and is still showing signs of mild nitrogen toxicity in new growth!

In the end I harvest 423g of trimmed, dried flower which is now curing. It's going to be a long wait to sample it...

Thanks
-WLK

Attachments

• week6_flower.JPG
    week6_flower.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 351
  • week6_flower.JPG
    week6_flower.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 260
  • week6_flower.JPG
    week6_flower.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 320
  • week9_flower.JPG
    week9_flower.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 364
  • week14_flower.JPG
    week14_flower.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 382

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome wlk :) thanks for sharing pics of your Congo grow. They all clearly look very Congo #3 dominant.

You are correct, looks like they had too much nitrogen during the grow, probably producing too much stretching, delaying flowering, increasing leaf/flower ratio, .... were the temps too high too ? You got really nice big colas after all.

gocha1900

Lovely gocha1900 ;) what a beauty! Is it the same colorful clone you used to grow indoors, or a different plant ?

Thanks dubi . It's a same , I tried in outdoor... Gived only once biobizz gro&flo , at the end flowering. , she's doing well in out, Mold and stress resistant , stressed many times. Chopped yesterday. Flowering extended because of stress in last week's, my dogs cracked several branches. I think she must've ready in late November,, started flowering 10 august. indoor chopped ~13 week with ~5%amber. In this round potency is bit more. High is very pleasant , favorite balance of effects. love smoking in daytime. Helps with anxiety also. Very unique smell , I can't recognize what smell of it's)) tast is also very pleasant . plant himself in pics)) I'm growing 5 years, can say at this time congo is my favorite strain thanks you dubi

Attachments

• PXL_20211204_075211468~3.jpg
    PXL_20211204_075211468~3.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 232
  • PXL_20211204_075219693~2.jpg
    PXL_20211204_075219693~2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 235

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
FletchF.Fletch :good: So nice! I didn't realized you started some Congo fem beans after New Year! :) Thanks for that!
If you enjoyed so much with Malawi x PCK in all its different expressions then you are going to love Congo as well.
Both contain same Purple PCK 2002 parental plant (reversed) as pollen donor.
Congo leans slightly more towards the sativa side, and Congo effects are brighter, more uplifting, overall more positive and active and less heavy than Malawi x PCK.

orangina

Veteran
nice PCK fruityness, but with a herbal twist to it. The smoke is social but will need more curing.

Attachments

• Co.JPG
    Co.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 191

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks orangina for the feedback. Glad you are starting to experience this genetics, it has the PCK colors and terps, with the African sativa boosting potency, complexity and length to the effects, and adding much more cerebral euphoric effects, it's indeed great social weed and day time smoke. Enjoy! ;)

user128

Hi :) my quick and photo-less feedback on the Congo...

Popped 3 feminized seeds I had as freebies. I've veg them for 3 weeks in 1 gallon pots, then 3 other weeks in 4 gallon pots, using mainlining as training. One of the plants was a grower from the very start, the other two not so much (even maybe kind of weak until moving in the big pots).

At some point I decided to throw on the of the two smaller, ending with two different phenos :
* One giant with very dark leaves, huge lateral branching and massive but airy colas ;
* One more regular sized with small, resinous, hard and very pungent flowers.
Stretch was strong but manageable, both plants ending around 5 ft. First pheno was the longest to mature (around 10 weeks), ending with indecently big colas which would have break the branches for sure ; the other one (around 8 weeks) finishing with average yield.

Taste was similar on both plants, only a lot more pungent on the second one ; the breeder is absolutely right on the description when speaking about rose and wild berries, which I found to be quite obvious to smell.

High is really clear, energetic and mood enhancing, going to almost feverish/exciting at higher dosage. I didn't experience paranoia and was able to keep up working on demanding tasks, for extended periods of time, without suffering of tiredness or confusion. There again, I found the two phenos to be almost identical, except for the second one being stronger.

TLDR; easy to grow, all-day-long pot to keep you up and running on the most rainy day. Fantastic work ACE :good:

Hi folks :dance013:

Following my first review on this same thread, I did grow several other plants from those wonderful seeds :canabis:

I don't have a lot to add to my initial post :biglaugh: I found almost the same two phenos as previously, regular-sized and "giants". The latest were easy to detect, as they were sturdier and bigger than any other plant in my space after only 10 days of 20/24 light ; they gave a huge yield of big, sativa-looking buds. The other ones gave a more average yield of denser buds - however, not THAT dense. Overall, all plants had similar appearance, delicious smell/taste and, as far as I found, high.

High - this is something I've get to love about the Congo. As I obviously developed a tolerance from smoking it daily, I found it to be absolutely great for most daytime activities : first, as I stated before, because it is a really warm, energetic, motivating kind of high ; but also because it is not a strong weed and you can take the edge out of it quite easily when you need to.

As a seasoned user, Congo has become my go-to weed for any daytime, family or social event. It is so easy to get the best of it and has so few undesirable effects I label it the "tobacco of weed", as it can easily replace a cigarette with your morning coffee - but also, for sure, because one just can't get enough of it :yay:​

nattyroots

After seeing all these great pics, really looking forwards to my harvest though it's still a few weeks away. I have two Congos fem though only one pictured here. No PM issues and so far ok with bugs too. It's hot and humid where I'm at. The smaller Congo, not pictured, is straight up green and has a great mango pine thing going for it. Unfortunately I screwed up its transplant so it's only about a foot and half tall. However, buds are hard from top to bottom, and I think it's going to be quality smoke.

Here is is the other Congo, much bigger and has a nice purple tinge to it and a load of trichs. Smells grapey for sure but there's something else in there as well that will evolve I'm sure over the next few weeks. I think this might be a good summer strain for me as it flowers early (mid Feb) but not too early and doesnt attract insects too much, other than a friendly leaf hopper here and there.

Thanks dubi, happy with everything so far. I think it's also handling well my relatively low nute soil mix. I did topdress last week a bit and have some KNF solutions on standby just in case. Let's see what it needs. Also i think it takes rather well to the rains, compared to other strains that really like to keep their feet really really dry.
IMG_22.jpeg

IMG_23.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_22.jpeg
    IMG_22.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 149

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Congo user128 You really got the vibe of the strain! As you said, it delivers an euphoric and energetic effect, although warm and very well focused. It's not edgy or negative, quite the oppostite: it's usually a very optimistic and expansive smoke that companies very well with daily and social activities. I think Congo is probably more of your taste than Bangi Haze when looking for such active well focused effects in tamed sativa dom genetics. And sure, Congo terps are also a delight, and like with candies, invite to repeat often ;)

Welcome nattyroots it's my pleasure to see the genetics making happy to growers like you! Glad the genetics are handling well the pests and fungus there. Beautiful purple pheno ... i can almost smell it from the screen :)

nattyroots

Hello , just here to report on small Congo Harvest.

Two fem plants oudoors around 20S. I had a purple Congo and a Green One. Green one didn't get very big because at transplant I fucked up. However, buds were super dense and I got more of a pine, lime smell to it. Faster harvest too. Something about its smoke reminded me of oldschool Amsterdam Coffeshops. Not sure if PCK is in there somewhere, of it's just similar terps. The green one I think is a little stronger than the purple pheno in terms of high, but it's close.

Purple plant got bigger and has more of a berry nose, which is really wonderful. At the end of season, it did a little bit of foxtailing which could have been because of intense rain near harvest (not much bot or pm though which is good) or dwindling hours of sunlight near harvest. Love the look of the buds of the purple one. Nice density and the contrast between green sugar leaves and purple trichs makes me happy. Maybe could have taken a bit more of P and K. Still curing but early tastes had be hoping for more. I really like these genes from my climate, nice harvest date, good density, good resistance to pests and disease and tasty smoke that's not completely incapacitating, alghouth wiht a bit more of a cure, who knows.

Will run again if possible.
congogreen.jpg
congopurp.jpg
congobudnight.jpg
tinyCongodry.jpg
purpcongo.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry to hear that JanKowalski Congo purple expressions are usually quite mold resistant.
Did you manage to have a good harvest from the other female ?

Latest posts

Latest posts