What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

romanoweed

thats what i ment, many peoples sound as they simply repeat a claim..

Further, of corse i can see from far away that mustafunk has real good genetics, and knows sometimes a bit more about things. I think i caould hear that out his statements.
However, speaking a bit in the beforeamentioned tone, makes me unshure what to trust.

Even funnyer in early Mustanfunks statements he even seemed to speak very goodwilling of ACE seeds Malawi, he clarified wich one of the two parents were for their Malawi x Malawi.

At one point however, he totally changed his view about ACE.. Im can well imagine for a reason.. really i can..

However, since then i havent seen a very clear accusation, since then he just did the "its all fake" type of statements.. Im just not shure if i can take such "broad" statements as 100 percent truth..
i dunno, man, just wanted to speak out what i think ,

revegeta666

i dunno, man, just wanted to speak out what i think

Sorry I'm having a hard time following with all the edits.

I think it's better to speak what you know, not what you think. Which is why I don't have an opinion on this subject.

When people fight and have economic and emotional interests invested in the argument, you will hear different stories from each side. That's not people being untrustworthy, that's just life. Don't expect to find the absolute truth reading back and forth arguments between people who are in this kind of disagreement. People don't owe strangers the objective truth about their life or their business.

When I grew the CBD 1 from ace, and dubi told me all plants tested under 1% THC, i still sent mine for testing to make sure. It doesn't mean I don't trust him. It's just that it's my own responsibility to make sure it's true lol. That's just the way I see things.

I would rather not go on with this as it's not my place to talk in the name of anyone like I am their lawyer or something. Best of luck to everyone and I hope the Bangi Haze/Congo doubts were cleared.

romanoweed

well, its potentially bad if its all just claims, because it makes people not buy the seeds. thats just incase its made up

that would mena that seedbanks who source seeds directly in origin counties in 2023 get zero doupt , zero critique.. that means that newbies will be lead to 2023 collected landraces. WICH i personally stay away from..

2) i personally cant stand too much hybridisation, and bought seeds from a seedbank that people speak in the same simple way of.. the tell me every month that what i smoke is all fake. Im bit tired of it, since im really not taking hybridisation well, and am one of the few that grew the Strians form this seedcompyn. and get told that i "basically smoke wed that i cant take well". you know..

revegeta666

that would mena that seedbanks who source seeds directly in origin counties in 2023 get zero doupt , zero critique.. that means that newbies will be lead to 2023 collected landraces. WICH i personally stay away from..
Well you keep saying how I misrepresent what you say, but you don't seem to have a problem misrepresenting what I said :ninja:

You took what I said about ex co-workers or collaborators have a fallout and throwing shit at each other, and turned it around to me saying that no one is allowed to critique or doubt the authenticity of the seeds being brought by seedbanks. One has nothing to do with the other and you're either being disingenuous or didn't understand my point. Who do you trust, David gilmour or Roger waters? I just listen to the music. That was my point.

Either way I'm done with this argument as again it's not my place to defend adults who can defend themselves. If you really want to dive in I suggest you browse cannabiscafe.net where this has been argued 100 times longer and more boring than on icmag.

Also if you are tired of reading how this company is fake, and how you don't like that this subject is brought up every 5 years, I don't think you shitting all over the Congo thread is helping their cause in the least.

Good day sir 🤠

Holeshot51

Miss lanky .

Attachments

• 8E4CA2A1-451A-419E-ABF4-D1EBF4D422F9.jpeg
    8E4CA2A1-451A-419E-ABF4-D1EBF4D422F9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 111

early_hominid

I've got 3 congo outside this year. Fed them compost and homemade fertilizer, with only a handful of waterings all season since things have been so wet.

#1 has been shaded by tomatoes since early July and shot up now that the stretch is here

Aug 3
IMG_5647.jpeg

Aug 22
IMG_5862.jpeg

Aug 3
IMG_5668.jpeg

Aug 22
IMG_5842(1).jpeg

#3 is my favorite. The stem rub is really funky and offensive, like urea and armpit.

Aug 3
IMG_5659(1).jpeg

Laid her over long enough to branch out, but she wanted to be free. no topping

IMG_5665.jpeg

Aug 22 Bad photo, but she has blown up. Orient Express on right, with Congo #2 barely visible behind
IMG_5852.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for including 3 Congo fem plants into your this year outdoor line up early_hominid
Impressive growth from early till late August :yes: Hope they are doing well now in early flowering.
Congo performs very well in humid conditions. What's your latitude ?

CaptainLucky

GENETICS: Bangi X ( Congo #3 / Chitral ) 75% Sativa / 25 % Indica

This delicious African hybrid combines the Bangi Congo which is a rare African landrace almost extinct with fast flowering and small height, the Congo #3 which is another electric Congolese with strong energetic high, and a bit of Chitral Indica to reduce its height and final flowering.
STRUCTURE: Medium height.
BOUQUET: The aroma is as sweet as honey with delicate and fresh floral details.
POTENCY: Premium quality energetic high, perfect for an active life.
FLOWERING: 10-11 weeks. 2nd half of October.
YIELD/M2: High
GROW TYPE: Indoors/Outdoors

We have been breeding with 3 different congolese sativa the past years at ACE Seeds.
We combined 2 congoleses ( Bangi congo and Congo# 3) in our Congo hybrid and a third one which was used for Bangi Haze (congolese x nepalese hybrid).

Pure congolese sativa usually grows tall, bushy with thin stems. The flowering time is around 14 weeks or a little bit longer. Their flowers have a sweet/floral/honey bouquet with earthy and spicy details. The high is powerful,clean, uplifting and euphoric. First class sativa effect, elegantly focused.

An exception to classical tall Congolese sativas is the Bangi Congo. It’s a pure sativa like her tall sisters, but grows smaller and with a shorter flowering time of 10-11 weeks.
It’s a little bit less potent than the long flowering Congolese.

Kaiki, one of our breeders, has been experimenting with the high quality long flowering Congolese sativa, called as Congo #3 the past 4 years. Congo #3 was crossed with a pure chitral Pakistan indica. Chitral reduces the flowering time and size of the Congolese but without being very dominant in high or aromas. He inbred the F1 hybrid sativa/indica to the F3 step, selecting only the best compact and fast flowering strong phenos with the best congolese influence in the finished product. The Congolese x Chitral inbred line is called ‘Conchi’.

Then we used a fast flowering and compact Bangi Congo female and pollinated her with the best F3 Conchi ( Congo #3 x Pakistan) males.

The result is a Congolese dominant sativa hybrid which grows compact and flowers in only 10-11 weeks. The colas are totally sativa but they have high bud density, high resin production and a very high/flower leaf ratio. The sweet, floral congolese aromas and the high quality euphoric high are on the congolese side, but accentuated by hybrid vigour.

First pic is ACE Congo grown outdoors at 40ºN in the cold mountains.

Second and third pic is Congo grown organically indoors

Definitely going to have to try this one @dubi , sounds delicious. Is a 660W led enough to get her full potential? CL🍀

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@dubi quick question :redface: .. for outside how long does the congo take to ripen? I’m at roughly Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 43.088947, -76.154480….

early_hominid

Thanks for including 3 Congo fem plants into your this year outdoor line up early_hominid
Impressive growth from early till late August :yes: Hope they are doing well now in early flowering.
Congo performs very well in humid conditions. What's your latitude ?
Congo flowered mid-August for me at 37N, hoping they are done by third week of October. These plants have a really delicate floral and woody aroma that is intoxicating. I can't wait to make some Congo hash

IMG_6130.jpeg

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

IMG_6210.jpeg

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6211.jpeg

madalasatori

Veteran
I’d like to run Congo again but had issues with hermies the last run. I grew big plants in small pots of coco - night this have been the reason? My plants end up very rootbound and while it’s not an issue with other strains thing it may be with the Congo

Luiggi

Hi all,

Got to read again this thread since my congo seems not getting on date regarding ace's description. It should supposedly be ready by now but seems it is going to take it some another more weeks.

I would say they started flowering by early september.

9th
IMG_20230909_121250.jpg
IMG_20230909_121247.jpg

15th
IMG_20230915_122252.jpg
IMG_20230915_122255.jpg

today

IMG_20231005_190458.jpg
IMG_20231005_190502.jpg
IMG_20231005_190435.jpg
IMG_20231005_190428.jpg
IMG_20231004_201418.jpg

seems it may take them at least 3 to 4 weeks to finish (mid november), not sure if this is because of the phenotype. they are clones from a guerrilla plant and were taken about june or so. They have suffered of rains and storms, so I am not sure if the one in the guerrilla will have the same status as they do have.

In addition it can be seen on the pictures that they are suffering from some illness I already got at this location for the autos this year. Still don't know what happens to them.

Regards,

Luiggi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all,

Got to read again this thread since my congo seems not getting on date regarding ace's description. It should supposedly be ready by now but seems it is going to take it some another more weeks.

I would say they started flowering by early september.

9th
View attachment 18900053 View attachment 18900054

15th
View attachment 18900055 View attachment 18900056

today

View attachment 18900047 View attachment 18900048 View attachment 18900049 View attachment 18900051 View attachment 18900052

seems it may take them at least 3 to 4 weeks to finish (mid november), not sure if this is because of the phenotype. they are clones from a guerrilla plant and were taken about june or so. They have suffered of rains and storms, so I am not sure if the one in the guerrilla will have the same status as they do have.

In addition it can be seen on the pictures that they are suffering from some illness I already got at this location for the autos this year. Still don't know what happens to them.

Regards,

Luiggi

What's your latitude @Luiggi ? Do you measure ph and ec in waterings/feedings ? Plants show all kind of nutrients imbalance, most probably ph too. Don't know how was the cloning process before growth, but i think all these variables had an impact on plants' health and flower development. White spots on dead leaves are fungus, remove old brown leaves during flowering to avoid that. And consider to spray with sulfur in future outdoor grows until first to pistils appear to prevent fungus.