What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody got the scoop from yesterday? I read that they rolled back some the big disp. concessions... But from what I read it didn't seem to benefit anyone.

Surrender

The only positive I saw come out of yesterday was Rep. Pace convinced the house to support requiring the CDPHE to have hearings on medical conditions to be added to the list. I think they added a sunset review clause for the whole bill, 2 or 5 years out, but I was distracted. (repubs wanted 5 years, dems 2)

The rest of it was "none of us is as dumb as all of us" in practice.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The rest of it was "none of us is as dumb as all of us" in practice.
Business as usual I guess...

The only other major change I read about was that locales could ban disp. which is now back in the bill.

Thanks for keeping us updated man!

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Let's just hope that they have their heads up their collective asses, and this doesn't make it through before the deadline, to give we the people something that works more for US.

Greenmopho

Let's just hope that they have their heads up their collective asses, and this doesn't make it through before the deadline, to give we the people something that works more for US.

I just watched Romer's auditors with guns speech on youtube...holy shit is that guy full of it...and yes, he was either being a super douche bag that night, or he was drunk...

He said something to the extend that we all think that we have protection from Amendment 20 because it is written on the constitution and the people voted it in, but it can still be revoked and denied. He also said something about recreational users "partying" will get shut down and arrested in Denver....

ridiculous....

Here's the latest version, revised yesterday. THANKS FOR THE 420 PRESENT, ASSHOLES!!!!!!!! :noway:

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...6DB1E8872576A80029D7E2?open&file=1284_eng.pdf

If this passes, we are screwed. Among the low-lights of this cruel and unusual rat turd piece of shit legislation are:

72 PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hire a lawyer to read it!

Creates a new law enforcement division, Medical Marijuana Enforcement! They get guns! We don't!

No one ever convicted of a drug felony can work or own a Medical Marijuana business. Sure, you can be a Realtor, or a Mortgage Broker, or sell Securities, but no involvment with pot!

5 patients per caregiver, no co-ops, so if you and the wife are caregivers, just 5 between the two of you!

All kinds of inspections and reporting requirements for Dispensaries (Marijuana Centers.) Probably want to count the plants when the lights are out....

Requires everyone to get licensed, including setting up a caregiver registry.

I guess they miss the Black Market, because with regulation like this everyone will be back underground in no time.

Even worse is, I heard they are voting on this, tomorrow!

Tela

"(7) ALL MEDICAL MARIJUANA SOLD AT A LICENSED MEDICAL
5 MARIJUANA CENTER SHALL BE LABELED WITH A LIST OF ALL CHEMICAL
6 ADDITIVES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NONORGANIC PESTICIDES,
7 HERBICIDES,ANDFERTILIZERS, THAT WERE USED IN THE CULTIVATION AND
8 THE PRODUCTION OF THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA."

so all the bags are going to say clonex on the label? lol

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
This bill is so fucked...Why are the only felons addressed those convicted of "drug" charges, I don't know about you all but I trust your average marijuana felon a whole hell of a lot more than someone who has been convicted of any other felony.. seriously to cut out a large % of the people who have stuck their neck out to provide this sacred herb, is wrong.Why doesn't this address people convicted of theft, identity fraud, ect those are the people I'm worried about having access to my personal info.

kb5178

This bill is so fucked...Why are the only felons addressed those convicted of "drug" charges, I don't know about you all but I trust your average marijuana felon a whole hell of a lot more than someone who has been convicted of any felony.. seriously to cut out a large % of the people who have stuck their neck out to provide this sacred herb, is wrong.Why doesn't this address people convicted of theft, identity fraud, ect those are the people I'm worried about having access to my personal info.

Fuck I'm going to Maine,99 plants is a misdemeanor.

because I have given my whole life to this herb, and never needed amend 20 to know what was right I cant be a caregiver, but any douche that has the bank and willingness to play their game -rapist and murderer's included can own a dispense?

How fucking dumb could these cock suckers be?

C

cannagirl

will the people of CO get to vote on this bill? Because if not and it passes the CO underground market is gonna get crackin again...

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
They just spitting shit out there right now....some of it will stick and some of it wont. Probably about 2 years away before the wording starts to get serious.

C

cannagirl

They just spitting shit out there right now....some of it will stick and some of it wont. Probably about 2 years away before the wording starts to get serious.

Then we have two year to get our voices heard!!! That is at least a start, but small growers and patients that love their caregivers need to start organizing and getting our voices heard. I realize that there is still a shroud of secrecy when it comes to growing, but I would rather other growers know about me and my grows, instead of "auditors with guns" knowing about my grow...

This is a schedule I drug, of course the auditors will have guns. Prosecutors have guns, IRS agents have guns, ATF has guns. You guys are acting like you are growing apples.

Try getting permission to manufacture any scheduled drug. Try to make beer and sell it. Try to make aspirin for commercial sale. There is less regulation and inspections here than any of these industries.

I keep hearing..... There will be NO dispensaries after 1284! Of course there will be no dispensaries, they will be called medical marijuana clinics.

MMC's and offsites need to keep in mind that just because they are dropping the "caregiver" requirement, no caregiving services = no tax deduction.

Do you see any plant limits? No Patient limits? No. Caregiver requirements? No Limits on the number of medical marijuana centers a patient may shop at? no How about the fact that they make the extra plant thing a real defense.

This thing isn't perfect (No felons, no on site consumption) but it ain't bad.

"good moral standard" is the same standard used for liquor licenses

D

draco

i can see why they want to get this regulated now, but when statewide regulation is passed, seems to me there will be a cluster of lawsuits.

hurry now and litigate like crazy later... seems like they want this to be tied up in the courts forever. lawyers must love this kind of legisaltion i'm sure...

following this trainwreck, it reminds me of why i avoid the news - depressing and mostly hopeless...

What do you think will be litigated? Most of the MMC's, if not all, will be just fine with this. Drug Felons will probably have a right to sue and object to the total ban and it will shift to the liquor license like "moral turpitude." The growers will probably not have a cause of action..