What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

S

scarred4life

WARNING: TEXT WALL
I wouldn't be surprised if many growers actually liked this because it would allow them to go back to being just growers. No meet and greets. No forms. No marketing. Back to handing the mj to the currier from the MMC and collecting some form of paycheck. The fun is going to be negotiating the contracts for the top end growers. This will be like football free agents sports. Grower free agency.... seriously. Option years. Out clauses if the THC level reaches a certain percentage......

I find this a little hard to believe. Probably >100 people will find themselves in this position, and they will be shipped in from all over the world. Other than the trim job, I could easily run a proper 50K+ flower facility by myself and yeild 75+ elbows of organic indoor elites every 8 weeks or so. So for every "master" grower a club hires, they can expect at least 10 elbows a week. If the average patient buys an 1/8th a week and the average master grower services 130+ patients, then (no, warren, you don't use "than" for a cause-and-effect argument; this is basic shit you should know) a dispensary the size of harborside (whose owner, in the article I post below boasts of being the largest dispensary in the world) would need fewer than 10 master growers:

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/04/14/2676819/bigger-is-better-for-pot-dispensaries.html

So it's the American dream fed to us again: 100 workers get a living wage and 5,000 workers starve on minimum wage trimming and tending all that bud, all while a roomfull of bourgeois fucks sit around getting filthy, pig-sty stinking rich. Do you know how many cali master growers would give up all the bullshit for a 100K salary, to just have to grow and hand their product to some guy from an east Indian restaurant. (it's courier, not "currier" or "curry...er"; warren, buddy, i'm starting to wonder about the legitimacy of your education.)
Think about it y'all; 800x60per3.5g=almost 50 grand a DAY, 18.2 MILLION A YEAR gross income for Harborside, the model of club that will be successful in the hb1284 paradigm; and this is a LOW estimate. :rant:

List of emails for all Co representatives

List of emails for all Co representatives

WARNING: TEXT WALL

I find this a little hard to believe. Probably >100 people will find themselves in this position, and they will be shipped in from all over the world. Other than the trim job, I could easily run a proper 50K+ flower facility by myself and yeild 75+ elbows of organic indoor elites every 8 weeks or so. So for every "master" grower a club hires, they can expect at least 10 elbows a week. If the average patient buys an 1/8th a week and the average master grower services 130+ patients, then (no, warren, you don't use "than" for a cause-and-effect argument; this is basic shit you should know) a dispensary the size of harborside (whose owner, in the article I post below boasts of being the largest dispensary in the world) would need fewer than 10 master growers:

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/04/14/2676819/bigger-is-better-for-pot-dispensaries.html

So it's the American dream fed to us again: 100 workers get a living wage and 5,000 workers starve on minimum wage trimming and tending all that bud, all while a roomfull of bourgeois fucks sit around getting filthy, pig-sty stinking rich. Do you know how many cali master growers would give up all the bullshit for a 100K salary, to just have to grow and hand their product to some guy from an east Indian restaurant. (it's courier, not "currier" or "curry...er"; warren, buddy, i'm starting to wonder about the legitimacy of your education.)
Think about it y'all; 800x60per3.5g=almost 50 grand a DAY, 18.2 MILLION A YEAR gross income for Harborside, the model of club that will be successful in the hb1284 paradigm; and this is a LOW estimate. :rant:

Don't forget....this is supposed to be about patients! :jump: Now, sit back and craft a carefully, politically correct email and send it to the following...they are YOUR representatives!!:jump:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
This is the most current list I have.....

OH...just cut and paste the list into the bcc address secction!!

C

cannagirl

Thank you Dave, you can bet I will be up late tonight and they will have an earfull in the morning:tiphat::thank you::canabis:

Don't forget....this is supposed to be about patients! :jump: Now, sit back and craft a carefully, politically correct email and send it to the following...they are YOUR representatives!!:jump:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
This is the most current list I have.....

S

scarred4life

all state reps shouldn't even mention patient rights or safe and affordable access while participating the this bill's process.

Everyone on here likes to badmouth "cali" like it's just one thing, but the system here in norcal is much more compassionate for patients and fair for small business while also yeilding decent taxes with little to no effort or expense on the part of the state; your state reps should really stop thinking "cali" is the wild west and start seeing that the average patient here scoffs at dumb-fucks who pay 50for3.5 at the profiteering cluuuuubs.

How is this going to hurt patients?

Few of these dispensaries are going to close because of the legislation.

The caregiver to caregiver problem will be fixed.

Employees will have a defense.

Increased plant/weight limits will be recognized.

The Labs will be officially recognized and have a defense.

You all are scared of guns.

MMCs will have to maintain wellness services if they want to keep their tax deductions.

FYI: Growers are already going around with power point presentations and signing contracts.

Yes the felon ban is wrong and will be challenged. Yes the no on site use is wrong. I would like to see the split back to 50/50.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
The way I see this hurting the patients is that the competition goes down, thus allowing the dispensaries to raise the price to what they see fit..As it stands there are a lot more overpriced places as compared to compassionate clubs that are pricing their mmj at a fair rate. I don't see how opening up the door for monopolies and closing down the competition is going to help lower the price for the patients..

Something that has really been bothering me though, why are other types of felons not addressed? Why only drug felons??

...it will also bring the quality of the meds down. Since $$ will be the focus, there will be some strains that are very beneficial, that will not be available in the MMC's. Warren, the more you post here, the more you start to sound like you're in bed with em all as well....

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Not only will people not want to grow low yielding "boutique" strains, I would imagine that most will opt for the chemical fertilizer / Hydro route as well ( no offense at all to ya'll who rock the dro) to maximize yields..$$$$.. I don't care what anyone tells me, I have never seen anything that I personally would consider A grade, come out of a commercial op. SO gone are the days of the small grower, the small batch medicinal quality grows, high grade genetics, what else am I missing?

Hello big business:puke: I can only hope that somehow,someway, the people come up with their own proposal..I mean these assholes are supposed to have OUR best interests in mind, they do technically get paid through our tax dollars, and last time I checked MMJ is bringing quite a bit of those tax dollars to the table..

We need to let these people know if they don't have OUR best interests in mind then we will no longer be needing them to represent what is supposed to be OUR voice..
:wave:

Not only will people not want to grow low yielding "boutique" strains, I would imagine that most will opt for the chemical fertilizer / Hydro route as well ( no offense at all to ya'll who rock the dro) to maximize yields..$$$$.. I don't care what anyone tells me, I have never seen anything that I personally would consider A grade, come out of a commercial op. SO gone are the days of the small grower, the small batch medicinal quality grows, high grade genetics, what else am I missing?

Hello big business:puke: I can only hope that somehow,someway, the people come up with their own proposal..I mean these assholes are supposed to have OUR best interests in mind, they do technically get paid through our tax dollars, and last time I checked MMJ is bringing quite a bit of those tax dollars to the table..

We need to let these people know if they don't have OUR best interests in mind then we will no longer be needing them to represent what is supposed to be OUR voice..
:wave:

I provided the email addresses....use them!!!:jump:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
How is this going to hurt patients?

Few of these dispensaries are going to close because of the legislation.

The caregiver to caregiver problem will be fixed.

Employees will have a defense.

Increased plant/weight limits will be recognized.

The Labs will be officially recognized and have a defense.

You all are scared of guns.

MMCs will have to maintain wellness services if they want to keep their tax deductions.

FYI: Growers are already going around with power point presentations and signing contracts.

Yes the felon ban is wrong and will be challenged. Yes the no on site use is wrong. I would like to see the split back to 50/50.

How is this going to hurt the patients? You have a LOT to learn about reality. Wish I had the time to point out all the areas you're blind in.

j-fly

Patients should be able to grow as much medicine as they need. No plant limits. And there should be a lot more reasons on the list of reasons to get a card. Basically anyone over 18 who wants to use weed recreationally, religiously, or medically should be able to get a card. Also patients should be able to consume at the "clubs" or "dispensaries." Marijuana should be exempt from any government taxes, just like churches, schools, and all other organizations that are tax exempt.

That is the only acceptable bill in my eyes.

Surrender

We wanted a few simple rules like a remedy for Clendenin. Better efficiency from CDPHE. Better protection from arrest and prosecution. Protection from city bans. Access for non-residents. Protection from Homeowners' Associations.

We got none of these things. I've emailed my legislators probably 20 times over this and they're unwilling to do anything but lock things down tight, to protect their jobs.

Look, the legislature is indisputably hostile to MJ and MMJ and nobody besides a few big dispensaries in Denver is going to come out better for these bills. They're taking $2 million of our fees to investigate our doctors, for god's sake!

Warren, the problem is that MJ shouldn't even be a scheduled drug--you know this. If caffeine isn't scheduled than there is literally no reason to schedule cannabis. Why are you supporting a regime that wants to regulate it by the gram as a prescription pharmaceutical? I figured someone like you would have his injunctions drafted and be ready for court the day after the Gov signs these--instead you're playing right along, pushing Clendenin-compliance like it's the law. Clendenin is not the law, it's one appeals court's opinion.

Compliance with SB109 and HB1284 is not the way forward for the industry. I won't support any dispensary that attempts to become HB1284 compliant.

How will competition go down? No MMC's will be closed by this.

This product will finally be tested. We will actually have consistency to strain names rather than growers making names up or claiming their strain is something else. Patients will actually know what's in their medicine. They will know that if strain X that they bought in Denver helps them, strain X in Durango will as well.

There are over 400 dispensaries in Denver alone, why do you think the strain types will be reduced? What every single owner is the same sort of capitalist pig and will only sell 1 type of weed? Won't the market take care of that? Has that happened in any other market?

How do we know we have so many strains right now anyway? We don't. We have to believe the grower and the dispensary owner.

You guys are always bitching about "Cali" weed, that won't be allowed anymore. This should increase in state production dramatically as well as reduce transportation and storage costs.

Local busts, like the one in Denver last night with a loss of over 1,000 plants, will stop. That should also increase in state production.

You think the market, ie the patients, aren't going to expect the same strain variety they have now? You think the MMC owners won't respond top that?

Growers will actually be able to concentrate on being growers. Not worrying about being busted, wellness services, meeting patients, transporting, wholesaling, or managing a retail business. They can take on this stuff if they want to, but they will no longer have to.

Do you really think that the high quality product can be mass produced? I don't, it takes to much work and personal attention.

How does it work now for the independent grower?

Possession of mj, growing mj, and distribution of mj is illegal. You need "caregiver" status to excuse the violation.

We have zoning and illegal weed exposure at the point of the grow. The weed has to be legal through caregiver status and, if it is being grown for commercial sale, the building needs to be zoned for commercial production. You can not make widgets for commercial sale in your home in Denver, why do think you can manufacture mj?

We then have possession and distribution issues during the drive from the grow to the dispensary. Possession is cured by caregiver status. Distribution becomes a major issue. Grower hands to dispensary owner. Illegal distribution has occurred. There is no caregiver status between the two caregivers. The grower does not provide wellness services for the dispensary owner. The grower is handing mj to the dispensary owner knowing that it will be passed on to a 3rd party that the grower does not know and does not provide wellness services for.

How is this exchange legal? It isn't. We try to fill this gap with "get to know your grower" parties.

How is it legal for the grower to just sell the weed to the patient? Some people think that because there is no brick and mortar, they are not a "dispensary." If the grower hands product directly to the patient and receives renumeration, that is a retail exchange and the grower should have gotten a retail sales tax license from the city where the exchange occurred.

I bring this up because there is a major issue for the "independent grower" right now. The caregiver to caregiver exchange. In fact there is probably no such legal thing right now as the "independent grower."

I'm not sure how this all works. Now what happens?

House Judiciary03/22/2010
ecblank.gif
. .
ecblank.gif
HB10-1284 FINAL VOTE - Refer House Bill 10-1284, as amended, to the Committee on Appropriations with a favorable recommendation. Members of the committee commented about their positions on the bill. The motion passed on a vote of 7-4.

Again, rescheduling is a Federal issue.

Also, what happens if it is rescheduled? What happens if it doesn't drop far enough down the rescheduling chain? How many years of testing is the government going to require as part of the rescheduling process? After it is rescheduled, who gets to play this game then?

Then you really will be competing against Wall Mart.

Surrender

Warren I know you love to talk about the feds and how its still illegal but lets concentrate on Colorado for a bit here?

Acquisition and distribution, by and between caregivers, are clearly protected acts under the CO constitution--why do you insist that they aren't? If it was so explicitly illegal don't you think we'd have seen much more aggressive moves by local law enforcement? To paraphrase Leonard Frieling, the cops are currently going after the weakest ibex in the herd. But plea bargains don't set precedents.

We all know A20 doesn't explicitly address the zoning/civil issues. This battle has to be fought in every jurisdiction until we get some real precedents. Of course the guys that didn't do their homework and opened in a non-retail zone are going to have to close. Of course the home growers that aren't in compliance with local home occupation regs will have to make a change. But what about municipalities which have changed the rules to clearly infringe on constitutional rights, like Greeley and Fort Collins? Are you encouraging acquiescence and compliance over contempt and challenge?

What I'd like you to address are the clearly unconstitutional limits being placed on patients caregivers and doctors by the 2 bills before the legislature, as well as locally suppressive regulations. These need to be challenged and fought or the Industry is dead. Layer the state rules on top of the local rules and then bring in the feds and you have a de facto state-wide ban. The state wants to inspect and count every gram--are you ok with this, Warren? The state wants to look at any doctor that recommended MMJ to more than a single patient and unconstitutionally revoke ALL their recommendations, summarily. When 4/5ths of the registry gets stricken everything is going to hit the fan harder than you can imagine. How the hell do you revoke a "recommendation" anyway?

Of course, why am I asking a criminal defense attorney about constitutional law issues?

Who got raided last night anyway?

I do not know of an attorney in Colorado who thinks caregiver to caregiver exchanges are legal. Ask Lenny, Rob, Brian, Sean, Jeff, Mark, Lauren, the other Lauren, any of them.

This is less regulation than any similar industry.

Why do you think they are going to revoke recommendations? Just because?

Major Denver wholesaler raided and employees jailed. I can't post who.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SO gone are the days of the small grower, the small batch medicinal quality grows, high grade genetics, what else am I missing?
I think if folks keep putting out out quality, there will be a market for it. I am certainly small batch and haven't had too many complaints (knock on wood). I know it sucks seeing these huge walmart types pushing big bud and chronic, but the cream always rises to the top and I think there will be a sustainable market for high grade cannabis. If you look at amsterdam (maybe not the best example, but certainly the only thing close) there is a TON of garbage being pushed to the tourists through places like the grasshopper (FUCK those cocksucker BTW), but small places with high quality still maintain a good share of the market.

Just keep on doin what your doing man :)respect:), and educate folks. And yeah the "drug felon" language is complete garbage, there are lots of good folks who caught a charge because of our beloved PLANT, but were not done with this thing yet.

Mile Hi Dave said:
I provided the email addresses....use them!!!:jump:
I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten a response from their rep? I've written tons of letters and NEVER ONCE gotten a response from my chicken shit reps. If I write them about water quality, or criminal justice I at least get a rubber stamped letter back.

Latest posts

Latest posts