What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Gold from 1972-78...? How was it "made"?

what a fuckin storey, jeez that makes me understand why columbians could be upset about people growing a plant in the US today. Even if there is little connection. damn prohibition

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Personally though I am thinking more of just allowing the local genetics to get out there and be explored. I wouldn't even give the gear names. Just one variety available at the Boo... "Lumbo Bag Weed", period, sell it cheap so everyone can get a pack or two. From what you have all said, the local nug you smoke is heavily seeded, so you and a couple of your buds just save up your seeds from whatever local nugs you are smoking for a while, and find a way to get it to them over in Europe so we can buy them and work them ourselves. There are bound to be lot's of beauties in there that you and your buds will probably never have time to work and preserve...

I don't even think it would hurt your future business on the mountain top, in fact having those genetics out there would bring you a lot of good Karma, build your company a great rep, and a lot of folks would still love to come down and visit the homeland of all those great genetics and meet the folks who made them available... Just sayin'

Mr. Grimbo

Great idea Grimbo, I'd grab a bunch of them for sure!! :D

Peace
BM

Mr_Grimbo

Thanks Budman.. Can't speculate as to why nobody down there will address this, but it's getting awful quiet here, pretty fast.

Mr. Grimbo

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ColombianSeed

ColombianSeed

Thanks Budman.. Can't speculate as to why nobody down there will address this, but it's getting awful quiet here, pretty fast.

Mr. Grimbo

In my case (I've sent some seeds out in the past) I have to get my family back on track with the whole MJ thing because things have changed since we went back to the USA for 4 years. When I was living here before my wife and her family didn't really see any harm in my plant loving and growing. However since we returned from the USA and my kids are older, the wife seems to think there's something really evil about the herb and doesn't want it around. I'm working on her and now she's agreed to letting me grow again but we have to move and due to our jobs it will be awhile. The other problem I have is in my absence I lost the few connections I had and I have been lucky enough to "reconnect" with two but only one fools with any of the old strains. My other guy is "out of town ATM" and I was told we would meet up early next year (January) and he is the guy that got all that great bud in 04-07. So I'm still getting very good Colombian but 99% of it is seedles. But if you will read some of my old posts and threads you will see some of the things I was working on and what I plan to strat up again. It's just a matter of time before the fine lumbo of the past is back in town.

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

Mr_Grimbo

In my case (I've sent some seeds out in the past) I have to get my family back on track with the whole MJ thing because things have changed since we went back to the USA for 4 years. When I was living here before my wife and her family didn't really see any harm in my plant loving and growing. However since we returned from the USA and my kids are older, the wife seems to think there's something really evil about the herb and doesn't want it around. I'm working on her and now she's agreed to letting me grow again but we have to move and due to our jobs it will be awhile. The other problem I have is in my absence I lost the few connections I had and I have been lucky enough to "reconnect" with two but only one fools with any of the old strains. My other guy is "out of town ATM" and I was told we would meet up early next year (January) and he is the guy that got all that great bud in 04-07. So I'm still getting very good Colombian but 99% of it is seedles. But if you will read some of my old posts and threads you will see some of the things I was working on and what I plan to strat up again. It's just a matter of time before the fine lumbo of the past is back in town.

Peace from Colombia!

Yes, I am a noob here so I am not familiar with the past... I appreciate the input though.. .Guess I should be a bit more patient:)

Mr. Grimbo

Mr_Grimbo

Oh, sure I appreciate the work folks have done and I know Canabiogen and a couple others have some great Colombian and Jamacian gear out there, worked out well but I would like to get a crap load of Your local bagweed seed, and sort through it myself... even if it took me a few years:) I think it would be fun, and like Budman said, I bet there is a lot of great stuff in those bags of commercial that would make me happy.

Mr. Grimbo

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Oh, sure I appreciate the work folks have done and I know Canabiogen and a couple others have some great Colombian and Jamacian gear out there, worked out well but I would like to get a crap load of Your local bagweed seed, and sort through it myself... even if it took me a few years:) I think it would be fun, and like Budman said, I bet there is a lot of great stuff in those bags of commercial that would make me happy.

Mr. Grimbo

Would love to be an official 'LBS' (Lumbo Bag Seed) sorter myself!

Peace
BM

Mr_Grimbo

Well, maybe it's a security problem or something keeping these guys from sharing those wonderful genetics. For now I guess we will just have to hope someday that someone down there gets some of those bagweed seeds out there for us to play with. Hey, the RedSox won a series in my lifetime, maybe my dream of finding that bean again will too:)

Mr. Grimbo

bigherb

Veteran
Grimbo

I respect a man who follows his passion .My passion brought me to places I couldn't imagine

I'd take a trip to with a friend who is of Colombian decent. Maybe has family down there or just a friend who is fluent in Spanish . Go to one of the popular cities an its a guarantee you will find bud . I know there is dangers but use common sense . I've met several folk of different race an background who have traveled to Colombia solo just to vaca

That's an option which is possible probable an only you can make happen . As for other option they been listed here an might take away from the hunt an surprise of bagseed but these fellas have authentic stock which has been worked to bring out the strains full potentials

1luvbigherb

Mr_Grimbo

Grimbo

I respect a man who follows his passion .My passion brought me to places I couldn't imagine

I'd take a trip to with a friend who is of Colombian decent. Maybe has family down there or just a friend who is fluent in Spanish . Go to one of the popular cities an its a guarantee you will find bud . I know there is dangers but use common sense . I've met several folk of different race an background who have traveled to Colombia solo just to vaca

That's an option which is possible probable an only you can make happen . As for other option they been listed here an might take away from the hunt an surprise of bagseed but these fellas have authentic stock which has been worked to bring out the strains full potentials

1luvbigherb

Very interesting idea, I never really thought of taking a vacation down there. Realistically, because of my current life duty that is probably not an option for me personally. Without going into details, there is a young one out there that requires my services 365/24/7 and will for at least another decade or so... I have not had a vacation myself since 1990:) but it's still not a bad idea, and I do know a couple friends who "vacation" and maybe I can work something out with them.

As to the other options noted here I still plan on exploring a couple by Canna Biogen and others. Hunting is fun, but still having access to well worked gear I might be able to find that bean I am looking for.

All in all, this is bringing me into the reality of today... kicking and screaming out of the seventies:) It's a bold new world and I have to admit, everything I smoke now is light years ahead of anything, save the golds and reds and such, that I ever smoked brown era of my smoking history... say, pre-1983, I have access to some of the top strains out there already, so I guess I really don't have all that much to whine about. Apologies to all of you, but I am old, I can be be grumpy... Why do you think they call me "Grim"?...:)

Mr. Grimbo aka "The GRIM BOngmaster" SBS 1969

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go to Cartagena

Go to Cartagena

I think going to Colombia is the best idea yet. Cartagena is very safe and the best way to get introduced to Colombia. If you go in the off season (Starts January 15) its also very cheap. Very good bud can be bought very easy on the beach and trips to Santa Marta can be taken from there too. You can have the time of your lfe there!

Peace from Colombia!

Mr_Grimbo

I think going to Colombia is the best idea yet. Cartagena is very safe and the best way to get introduced to Colombia. If you go in the off season (Starts January 15) its also very cheap. Very good bud can be bought very easy on the beach and trips to Santa Marta can be taken from there too. You can have the time of your lfe there!

Peace from Colombia!

Good idea sure, best idea yet.. not so much. Like I said, even if I could get passport which I doubt, by the time I get released from my obligations here, I will be nearly 70 years old and who knows how my health would be.. Still the "best" idea is for some Colombians to save their bagweed seed they would throw away anyway, and put it in an envelope to the Boo or similar for less than probably 20 bucks.... If I lived in the place where weed dreams are made, I would gladly pass along my waste seed, just sayin'...

Mr. Grimbo

satva

Veteran
Does anybody know anything about Gage Green Group's (GGG) Colombian Gold? GGG is offering Colombian Gold seeds at a reasonable price.

Transport yourself back to the 70's where the Colombian was all the rage. These rare landrace strains handpicked from Colombia possess an unforgettable fragrance and taste unlike any strain in existence. You have to try for yourself to believe it. A unique sativa of mind blowing proportions found only at Gage Green.

Sativa Indoor flowering 14 to 18 Weeks

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Have heard GG Colombo is good.

I have grown ACE Panama and it is good and I did smoke Colombian back in the 70's. The Panama reminds me of Oaxacan more than Colombo, sad to say I did not get to try Panama Red back then.

satva

Veteran
Thanks, Panama Red 1972 was my first bag. It was happy, trippy and stoney. At a beach campfire, I saw the fire's reflection on my feet, and thought my feet were on fire. I started dancing around, apparently others thought that was funny.

I liked Oaxacan / Highland Mexicans better than most Colombians. Colombian Gold was my favorite Colombian, as some of the Red Colombians were a strong heavy stone.

One of my best friends loved Colombian. I have a bit of Highland Guererro / Blueberry hoping to back out a Highland Guerrero phenotype. My one male is Guerrero leaning and my one female is 50% -50%. Their in love.

Ace's Guatemala, Panama, and CBG's Mextiza and GGG Colombian Gold all sound like my cup of tea.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MR means Moño Rojo from Colombia

PST out means Panama x DC -F1

Grown outdoors last season @ 43N ...cured for 10 months?

almost as "red" as it gets around these parts :)

stricktlygreen

golden colombia

golden colombia

ItIts still around though does not grow great indoors. I live just across the fence to mexico and its still around. I get plenty of seeds each year when i go down south into mexico but now people want medical weed from cali. I still rather pay $40 an once for some good mexican weed than $300 for og kush. Its all about the cure and getting it into the country without compressing it.

Latest posts

Latest posts