What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Tree's

DJM

I got a question! You say you feed 6 times a day during lights on, so I don't know what the times are, but have you considered a recycle timer, and do a watering schedule like "5 seconds every 1 minute" or something to make it more of like a constant water during lights on (while of course having it dialed in not going to run off). Would a recycle time like 60x feed a day be better than 6x a day?

Just curious what you thought or if probably it would be worth the hassle :)

I don't like recycle timers. I ran them for a year. Its hard to get them to feed at the same exact time each day..at least with the analog ones that I used..I use a digital programmable timer that I can dial in to come on at the same second , everytime I water..I have over 75 feet of 1/2 pvc pipe fed from one pump/rez..Because of this, it takes longer to water, so watering for a few seconds wont do anything significant...When I water 6 times a day, each watering is for 2 minutes..In that two minutes each plant gets half a gallon..Im going to try watering once every hour for 1 minute and see if I can make the medium even more stable than it is with 6..I wouldn't go more than 12 times a day though..Dont think it would make much of a difference

TheArchitect

Veteran
DJM, my brother from another mother.

Im all about the vpd, but I just want people to be careful. You live in a state that doesn't have nearly the fungal spore load as other areas of the country, in part due to less agriculture and also dryer environments. Also, mold/fungal resistance is strain dependent, if I ran my old g-13 cut in that moist of an environment past 4 weeks, I'd basically be begging for mold lol, you gotta figure the indica strains were from dry mountainous regions . OTOH I have a few sativa based genetics that would not have a problem in 80/75 all the way through, but then Sativa's are from moist hot equatorial regions.

You can see the morphological difference in the structure, generally, indica's end up shorter, with thicker waxy leafs, all in an effort to conserve water in an arid environment. Sativa's with their equatorial climates, are free and actually better off, to stretch the nodes out and shrink the leafs to avoid mold and other pathogens.

Obviously your rocking that shit proper though. Eventually I'd like to run sealed so I can control humidity better, I run up to 60 through stretch now, but usually pull it back to about 45 for the last 3-4 weeks just because I've had issues with a few strains when I was running mixed rooms. I'm moving to strictly monocrop rooms so I can dial light levels and environment for each individual strains.

Keep up the awesome work and ignore the haters, I looked through his album and it speaks for itself.

DJM

DJM, my brother from another mother.

Im all about the vpd, but I just want people to be careful. You live in a state that doesn't have nearly the fungal spore load as other areas of the country, in part due to less agriculture and also dryer environments. Also, mold/fungal resistance is strain dependent, if I ran my old g-13 cut in that moist of an environment past 4 weeks, I'd basically be begging for mold lol, you gotta figure the indica strains were from dry mountainous regions . OTOH I have a few sativa based genetics that would not have a problem in 80/75 all the way through, but then Sativa's are from moist hot equatorial regions.

You can see the morphological difference in the structure, generally, indica's end up shorter, with thicker waxy leafs, all in an effort to conserve water in an arid environment. Sativa's with their equatorial climates, are free and actually better off, to stretch the nodes out and shrink the leafs to avoid mold and other pathogens.

Obviously your rocking that shit proper though. Eventually I'd like to run sealed so I can control humidity better, I run up to 60 through stretch now, but usually pull it back to about 45 for the last 3-4 weeks just because I've had issues with a few strains when I was running mixed rooms. I'm moving to strictly monocrop rooms so I can dial light levels and environment for each individual strains.

Keep up the awesome work and ignore the haters, I looked through his album and it speaks for itself.

Thanks a lot man, I agree on all points. And ill say, I don't run indicas for the most part. Mostly sativa dominant hybrids. Not only am I not a fan of indica flowers or the high from indicas at all , but also not of fan of growing them..They are not conductive to the tree stye of growing that I do, more a sog plant really...I like plants with vigor, stretch, long running colas, all things that indicas do not have..With that said, first run pictured I ran la kush x killer chem which leans heavily to the la side, and is easily the densest plant ive ever grown. Can break a window with the dry flowers they are so dense..Last run was ran with high rh and temps like always and I didn't have one spec of rot or mold on any of them. Ive also ran pre98 bubba kush in a high temp and rh environment with no mold what so ever...When I do run indicas or indica doms, I position them right next to a fan, and that usually keeps them safe and sound..Its very strain dependent though, may not have the same luck with g13, idk, but for the most part I stay away from indicas

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa smoke, coco, proper temp/RH... I'ma just join the ranks of gawkers and kudo'ers :D All my favourite things in one place.

RedBeardy5

I noticed my sealed rooms were in the 70% humidity range and my passive rooms were around 40-50%. But my sealed room blows the other rooms away. After reading your log I realized your absolutely correct about VPD. So I ordered a couple heavy duty foggers and humidity controls. Thanks for the log!

Webster10

High RH good.

Is it always? I live in a very humid area and I'm pulling air in from outside. The space is 4×2×5. I use a 240cfm booster fan to provide fresh air, another 240cfm to cool the light and provide more airflow and a 190cfm inline for exhaust. Even with a small dehuey I maintain 60%-75% RH. Will I need a stronger dehue or is my airflow good enough to where I won't rot?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Is it always? I live in a very humid area and I'm pulling air in from outside. The space is 4×2×5. I use a 240cfm booster fan to provide fresh air, another 240cfm to cool the light and provide more airflow and a 190cfm inline for exhaust. Even with a small dehuey I maintain 60%-75% RH. Will I need a stronger dehue or is my airflow good enough to where I won't rot?

I run 60-80% RH with two times per minute air exchange. Very rarely do I get any mold or PM. Make sure you are not pulling in air from a seriously contaminated area and you should be good.

If you don't mind using eagle twenty I would spray that if you are worried about mold. But no later than the first week of flower. It says it can be used up to the day of harvest on fruit. Some one will get on here in a minute though and say I'm trying to poison you.

It is my experience that high RH makes for heavey strong plants.

Oh and the only time I had mold was when I plucked fans and some of the stem from the fan was trapped in the bud and molded.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran

Oh and the only time I had mold was when I plucked fans and some of the stem from the fan was trapped in the bud and molded.

Which brings to to my next question for OP. I assume with a solid canopy you are not doing any defoliating?

That has been my concern with leaf plucking, the droplet of moisture that beads up inside the bud is a great place for mold to take hold.

DJM

Sativa smoke, coco, proper temp/RH... I'ma just join the ranks of gawkers and kudo'ers :D All my favourite things in one place.

thanks man..im a sat head to the fullest..all my grails are 90 days hazes

DJM

awesome thread!!! very educational and i love seeing facts dispelled...lol

thank you..alot of people that perpetuate these myths, ironically have no proof to back it up..so I made sure to come with factual evidence

DJM

I noticed my sealed rooms were in the 70% humidity range and my passive rooms were around 40-50%. But my sealed room blows the other rooms away. After reading your log I realized your absolutely correct about VPD. So I ordered a couple heavy duty foggers and humidity controls. Thanks for the log!

my pleasure. glad you noticed the difference..any grower worth his salt, that has well thought out rooms and tries running high rh, never goes back..its no coincidence

DJM

'
you will be fine, just keep youre temps in the right range in relation to those rh levels and you will be good...definitely make sure you have a ton of air circulation...a smart man once said, if you think you have enough air circulation, double it..im a firm believer in that

DJM

I run 60-80% RH with two times per minute air exchange. Very rarely do I get any mold or PM. Make sure you are not pulling in air from a seriously contaminated area and you should be good.

If you don't mind using eagle twenty I would spray that if you are worried about mold. But no later than the first week of flower. It says it can be used up to the day of harvest on fruit. Some one will get on here in a minute though and say I'm trying to poison you.

It is my experience that high RH makes for heavey strong plants.

good shit man. nice to see others doing the same..its subject that's rarely touched on..ive also never had mold in the 10 years ive been doing it this way...yet I know people that get mold running 50-60%, because they have badly thought out rooms

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts