What's new

Coco Cab 09

Old Soul

Veteran
Core-thanks brotha! I noticed them pistols after I took the pics. Went and investigated when I watered and couldn't find any nanners or male flowers on anything, but I'll keep an eye on her and see what happens. Had some early pistols change on another plant and it ended up being from the fan blowing on it too hard, I am hoping that is the case here.

radvancan-thank you sir. My wife's favorite color is purple, so she is super excited about this one. She sure is pretty to look at.

Peat-thanks bro. You can pick at my brain all you want, not sure if you'll find anything though. I have used the 5kg bales of Botanicare in the past and expanded it using RO water and cal-mag+ at 5ml per gallon. This run they were out of the bricks and bales so I got a bag of Botanicare loose coco. I did not prep the loose bag at all and it is working great. I find that usually the loose bags of coco have been rinsed better and are ready to use right away. Where I lived three years ago they carried bags of loose B'cuzz coco and that did not need prep either. I do not ph or ppm or use any meters of any kind and I use RO water so I have to add cal-mag+. Tap will work fine and it already has cal-mag so you can use one less product, it shouldn't be an issue. Checked out your thread, and things look great in there. Got some SDxOG beans and I am getting the itch to pop them after seeing yours.

peace all

P

Peat

Very cool!
Thanks so much, Old Soul! :ying:

Peat-thanks bro. You can pick at my brain all you want, not sure if you'll find anything though.

Heheheh :nanana:
Ok, then.
Here comes some more pickin! :D

How often are you watering?

I understand this stuff has to stay wet?
But, I've also heard it can be overwatered?

Do you have any problems with fungus gnats?

...must spread rep...
I'll get ya....:yes:

Old Soul

Veteran
I handwater everyday. Plants that are established in their containers get watered until their is slight runoff. Coco does need to stay wet because as it dries out the salt content goes up and this can cause lockout and other problems. When I first transplant I just give them a little water everyday, and do not get runoff. I only give them enough to keep the medium full of water until their roots can fill their new home. I think the only way you could overwater this medium is if the plant was in a container too big and you were drowning it in water everyday as I think it does need to dry out a little.

As far as the fungus gnats are concerned, I have had them in the past and am dealing with them now. The way I eradicated them last time was after harvest I let all my coco dry out completely. This killed all the fungus gnats and their larvae in the coco and did not have problems with the same coco since. Used that batch for three years without problems. When I received these cuts I have going the fungus gnats were in the rockwool. I have a perpetual thing going right now so I can't just let all the medium dry out. I got some HOTSHOT No pest strips right now and their numbers seem to be diminishing. If this does not work completely I will go and buy some sand to cover the top of the coco with and start bottom feeding them. The fungus gnats eat at the roots so they will affect your yield, other than that they are just annoying. Hope this makes sense and helps.

peace

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey bro the purple in those buds is awesome. I have the same problem with my coco, f'n gnats. I hate the bastards!!!

P

Peat

Yea man! that's good info!
Thank you for taking the time!

FWIW, way back, I got rid of a small batch of fungus gnats with the same strategy I've used on thrips...(The neem & DE thing I mention in my thread.)

Basically,
They're more vunerable as babies/larve.
So, I drench the soil with neem oil.

And the DE is used just like sand.
As a layer over the soil surface.
Except, the DE shreds the larve's soft bodies. :headbange

:2cents:

Hope this helps.
Good luck! :ying:

:lurk:

G

guest5703

holy shit that DPD is lookin siiiick!!!! Was she from seed or clone?? Keep up the great work! PEACE

Old Soul

Veteran
Dr. Dog-me too bro, me too. This is my first run with all of these strains so it has been a definite treat so far. I love to have such a diverse variety going.

Couple pics of the Deep Chunk before I cut her down last night. Was smoking the scissor hash and it smelled so much like sage, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Been a little under the weather and busy so I haven't had the time to do a proper update, but will get to it sometime this week. Trainwreck is flushing and comes down next Tuesday. Papaya just started the flush and will come down in about 2 weeks. Everything else is 1-4 weeks of 12/12 so they are just getting going.

peace

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Looking great man, they're some frosty ladies. How was your trainwreck to grow? I've heard mixed reviews on it.

H

Hazeseeker

Looking damn sweet in here OS:joint:, the Deep Chunk you just harvested last week looks soo tasty man:canabis:, the DPD looks really special as well (love the colours that's coming through),
regarding those pistils changing like that i've had it happen before (without it being pollinated) - it was due to the leaves actually sitting on top of the pistils, it's either because of the damage caused by the leaves on top of them which causes them to wither slightly or because of the moisture from the leaves, it's nothing to worry about :yes:

peace

Old Soul

Veteran
BR-These are definitely the frostiest I have ever had. I personally have had no problems with the Trainwreck so far. I feed very light though and she has not been through any stress. It is stretchy, viney, and has the best lemon pledge/pinesol smell coming from her. Will get a whole plant pic tonight for ya. Accidentally rubbed my elbow on her the other night and when I went to bed my wife asked if I had been cleaning. lol Only smoked her once but she was bomb. I am a sativa guy for sure and she has a great racy high. I am gonna pull this one at 60 days, have heard of people pulling her as early as 45. Definitely gonna play with her and see what is best. She does not look like she is gonna yield anything special but this is my first run with her so I will have to try out some different training techniques. I can tell you that even though the buds look small they are rock hard and I don't think they are gonna shrink much from drying. Damn, got a little long winded there, thanks for stopping by.:joint:

teddybud-:wave:Thanks maing, stop by anytime!:headbange

Hazeseeker-What's up man, glad you made it to the show. The deep chunk actually came down last night, the dustin was last week. The dpd has some insane colors for sure, will try to pull her out for some pics tonight. She is turning so black, even the leaves. Good looking out on the pistils bro.:respect:

Old Soul

Veteran
jamrockjay-thanks! :joint:

Here are some shots of the Trainwreck.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The top buds are so dense that they want to pull the whole branch over.

Some dry shots of the Master Skunk Kush.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She was picked at 60 days and is night time weed. Gonna pull the next one at 50, hoping to get a little less couchlock. She really did not gain any weight in the last ten days, so it should not affect yield.

R

ranneG

little tiny rockets on them plants, looking real good OS. Great variety no wonder you need a log to keep track.

Old Soul

Veteran
ranneG-thank you very much! I would be lost without this place to help me keep track for sure. Stop by anytime.

Chem 4
picture.php

picture.php

Dustin-this one is much bigger so should yield pretty big. Got one ounce off of a 15" plant.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dustin dried shots
picture.php

picture.php

Old Soul

Veteran
Some More

Some More

Papaya
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Double Purple Doja
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's it for tonight. Gotta hit the sack. Smoking on some Dustin with Deep Chunk scissor hash on top, lights out!

peace

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmmmmh such a nice update !
very nice pics old one :D
there's one or 2 i realy like to try....but i think i never will...if i would live in the states i would try all them hyped cuts...like the Chem's and kushes...helas...i don't live there ....a friend tryed to mail once but it did't came...and i'm shure you won't find them here....dang i'm ranting again....its been a while sice i tryed that but i think i'm still in shock that they did't came ....ROFLOL

jamrockjay

Gr8 update with gr8 pics oldsoul, that Double Purple Doja is looking gr8 nice shade of purp u got going there. Gonna be interested to see how all ur ladies get on...
Dustin looks nice and dense and frosty as hell, the trainwreck is looking sweet, ur doing a fantastic job m8.......... :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts