What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CMH vs Doble ended vs Single endend

Bluto

Sorry out perform in veg at least. Sad you had to buy new hoods and ballasts when you could of just changed the bulb.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO, Dude you need to do more research. Your not suppose to use high frequency ballast with CMH. There designed to be used with low frequency. I'm going back to the adult table now.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
LMAO, Dude you need to do more research. Your not suppose to use high frequency ballast with CMH. There designed to be used with low frequency. I'm going back to the adult table now.

EXACTLY WHAT I KNEW...

until i saw more info from sunplix...

We born to change the game rule of grow lighting industry. Lifetime of lighting can be extended to more than 10 years (HPS/MH/CMH
https://www.facebook.com/Sunplix-System-1203685222980284/

course it could be lies...made up to MAKE MORE CASH...right?

They are low frequency, square wave intelligent dimmable ballasts.
The ballasts extend lifetime of a bulb to more than 10 years.
Power outputs can be dimmed up/down by remote control, 0-10V dimmer or PLC (power-line communication, optional).
The ballasts accept three types of bulb: CMH, HPS and MH.
CMH-315W ballast outputs 150W, 210W, 315W and 350W light power.
CMH-330W ballast outputs 250W, 330W, 375W and 400W light power.
Both ballasts work on 120V, 208V, 240V and 277V.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sunplix-cmh-ballasts-sonny-jiang

hmm...making up tech as we speak...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your ok with your house burning down thats your decision. I myself put more value on my family and home.

You work for sunplix lol.. There are many ballast out that are excellent for much less $$ then a sunplix. There is nothing wrong with using 1 but IMO there overpriced. Most of that is sales hype... I have been testing new cmh Ballast for 4 years now. They all perform as they should. All CMH ballast can run CMH/HPS/MH. Not all HF digital ballast are made to run CMH/MH bulbs.

Bluto

:thank you:No I don't work for anyone thank god. Hey they work, I'll inform you if the house burns down.
Been a few months. When is the cataclysm suppose to happen?

couchlockd

I have the sunplix 315, it will strike and hold mh and hps. But I won't let it run a 400 at 350.

I have multiple 400 and 600 ballasts if I want to do that.

It is low frequency.

I have a Philips cdm elite mated with it and a mogul adapter for use in all hoods.

I think the hood for cdm/cmh is 40% of its magic.

I do not think they do well in traditional reflectors designed for hps/mh bulbs

Fwiw, I grabbed my sunplix 315 with remote for 200, bulb was 80.
I'm tight with shop owner.

Also is be skeptical of high freq. Claimed cdm/cmh/lec bulbs. Not in their nature.

Think back to the yesterday's when guys were talking about the Phillips mastercolor ceramic metal halide being ran on magnetic 430watt ballasts only.

This is were the tech of these new age digital cmh was born.

Low freq is nature of the beast.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was talking to medfinder lol.

I know the guys at GC. We have talked about exploding bulbs

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Absolutely..Here is the warning on there site.

DE CMH Lamps were designed to run optimally in a low frequency square wave ballast but we have found that they are also useful for growers who have high frequency double ended ballasts. Many growers are having issues with heat so they are dimming their fixtures down, and many other growers are switching to CMH because the richer spectrum is much better for plants, giving better yield. Utilizing these bulbs in a standard DE fixture is a great shortcut which achieves both of those goals, greatly minimizes operating expenses and grows higher quality flowers. However, it should be understood that since DE CMH bulbs were designed for low frequency ballasts, a few users may experience longevity issues in certain brands of high frequency ballast. However, we believe the amazing added benefits of the full spectrum combined with the money saving opportunity in utilizing your existing fixture far outweigh the risk of an early bulb failure, and we are developing a ballast right now that is designed specifically for our DE CMH Lamps.

https://www.growersc.com/gc630

Bluto

So they say it is a high frequency bulb but it exploded and burns your house down. Sounds like a legal issue.. no where on the box does it state that information.

Bluto

I will have to say that I have had my fair share of defective bulbs, mislabeled ballasts etc. and they generally make me irate.

Bluto

The box literally reads "double ended high frequency grow lamp" hey I'll call fockery when fockery is due.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 10 boxes mine do not say that..They have this on them
DOUBLE ENDED HIGH EFFICIENCY GROW LAMP. Compatible with low and high frequency

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you can upload pics here.. All mine are here. Click your name, click my albums, upload pics, copy the IMG tag to this thread.

OR go advanced, scroll to manage attachments upload pic.