What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones in San Francisco, Oakland and surrounding areas (no spam, please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
roomie got some "afghoo" and purple kush from HS a few weeks ago, so far they are looking healthy. but you never know with them...have had mislabeled ones in the past..

nvthis

roomie got some "afghoo" and purple kush from HS a few weeks ago, so far they are looking healthy. but you never know with them...have had mislabeled ones in the past..

If it is the same cuts I got from HS, y'all gonna luuuuv the afgooey! She's a pretty little frost monster...

The HS afgooey... I think the only "real" thing I have ever gotten from there...

Attachments

• 2009_0824Aug240022.JPG
    2009_0824Aug240022.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 10
  • jwbd.JPG
    jwbd.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 7
  • Afgooey.jpg
    Afgooey.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 11

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Supplying cuts is similar to seeds. Honesty and consistancy are what the customer is ultimately paying for in both businesses. New breeders often seek to conceal their efforts by not providing pedigree information. They're thinking that someone else could just go out and cross X with X and get the same outcome. If they didn't apply some artful selective pressure and/or push the strain through a few generations, they could be right. Seed sellers with little experience can always be recognized by their secrecy. Often, by the time they learn, it's too late and they've either lost or forgotten the pedigree of their genetics.

A similar thing can be observed in the clone market. Apparently, people who pay good money for seeds often make the mistake of holding those cut's tight in the hopes of having 'exclusive DNA'. This kind of beginner often learns the hard way too when they lose the cut and have no one to recoup from.

Listen to Mr. Greengenes now; If you have a good cut, you should do all you can to spread it far and wide. If it's a cut of your own breeding, relax. No one can easily duplicate your breeding efforts from the cut unless they have related males (which they don't if you bred it), or make feminized seeds from it which won't do them any more good breeding wise than clones. Spread the cut around freely and if people love it, they'll ask you for related seeds.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
If it is the same cuts I got from HS, y'all gonna luuuuv the afgooey! She's a pretty little frost monster...

The HS afgooey... I think the only "real" thing I have ever gotten from there...

whoa that looks like some MURRDDAAA!

haha for sure...i was worried we would be getting another whack mislabeled sativa from HS>.

Don Juan

glad to have found this thread Don Juan

in santa cruz I actually found legit cuts off craigslist that are top notch(at least from this little co op) GDP,thunder haze ,blue Dream,asian kush,white rhino,gods gift

Hi, Rock...excellent to see you here!

Don Juan

hah hah. teasing the good people..... naughty!

Well then WTF was this about? lol:

please people.....
I understand where this sentiment is coming from regarding the general quality control/reliability of HS cuts, but y'all should consider the source. From my own experience questioning bageled j and very quickly getting schooled by respected members of this site I would urge caution before calling BS. Do some research on his posts and you'll see what i'm talking about. Over time I've learned that post count doesn't mean ish. Anyhoo, don't come down to HS to pick up these cuts. Just means there'll be more for me.

Don Juan

So let me boil down the problems with the two largest/most talked about clubs on this thread:
The problem with H.S. is that they carry clones from multiple vendors and some of the clones that have come out of hs haven't been/aren't what you expected.
The problem with B.S. is that they carry clones from ONE source. That source has a problem with quality control i.e. you purchase six clones in a large block and not all are rooted & the genetics of the cracked beens they offer are sometimes less than perfect.

Sounds like a good summary to me.

Let's say some guy barking for h.s posts grow reports on all of the strains that he/she is cloning for h.s. with pics and reviews ect... Would that work?

Where do the reviews come from?

I can have picks of clones in soil up by monday.... I can have some of them in flower in less than a week.

I vend to h.s. and I obviously read the feedback posted here.

Suggestions appreciated,
Skoobie

Well, I sure like the thought of your desire to give a fair shake, but it might be considered spam.

Don Juan

I've seen good results with Blue Dream, Grape Punch, Bubba Kush and The Purps from HS. Not so good with Green Crack, GDP,Bogglegum . There may be several vendors supplying one strain though. I always just buy one or two and clone before flowering and keep them all numbered. I just picked up Candy Purple from there. It's Sweet Tooth#3 crossed with Purple Kush. Sounds great but we'll see....

Exactly. It makes it all the more tough.

Great post. And best of luck with that CP; it sounds good enough to eat! :):):):)

Don Juan

Supplying cuts is similar to seeds. Honesty and consistancy are what the customer is ultimately paying for in both businesses. New breeders often seek to conceal their efforts by not providing pedigree information. They're thinking that someone else could just go out and cross X with X and get the same outcome. If they didn't apply some artful selective pressure and/or push the strain through a few generations, they could be right. Seed sellers with little experience can always be recognized by their secrecy. Often, by the time they learn, it's too late and they've either lost or forgotten the pedigree of their genetics.

A similar thing can be observed in the clone market. Apparently, people who pay good money for seeds often make the mistake of holding those cut's tight in the hopes of having 'exclusive DNA'. This kind of beginner often learns the hard way too when they lose the cut and have no one to recoup from.

Listen to Mr. Greengenes now; If you have a good cut, you should do all you can to spread it far and wide. If it's a cut of your own breeding, relax. No one can easily duplicate your breeding efforts from the cut unless they have related males (which they don't if you bred it), or make feminized seeds from it which won't do them any more good breeding wise than clones. Spread the cut around freely and if people love it, they'll ask you for related seeds.

A wise man hath spoketh.

Don Juan

Ive burned i bit of the pure kush meds from purple elephant .......at the same time i rolled sum OGK my friend grew from BS ..

its the same stuff...

just dont know how to find that same OGK that the Garden of eden had a few years back....what happened to all tha purple clubs in san leadro? the old thc had clones that would blow yer freakin minds now i see folks wait in line for deterorated ,or s1 clones with no real idea of quality when finished ,
even the seeds look shady to me!...

When you've got a moment, please talk about some of the mind-blowing clones you've experienced, PK...

P

PkRipper

mission street compassionate caregivers had alot of good stuff that would blow your mind like tha old blueberrie that was what i rember as true blueberrie but befor that all the third floor had tha good stuff for cheap and for real. almost everything from inside the old oaksterdamn clubs was on hit and more than enough to go around . it seems alot of those genetics just dried up or was moved far away from the source.

blackberrie
oaksterdamn goo
trance
techno
blueberrie
blue moonshine
white lite
super haze
super silver haze
super kush
.....................jolly rancher
gods gift
og kush
and a few others like true
ecsd and nycd are still rare to come across as a TRUE ELITE CLONE ONLY
it seems that every one now days has a hard on for makin a bunch of beans from a family of plants and stick the same marketable lable on the offspring.......

i like elite clone onlys to smoke on not cross's made to boost yeild , decress potency of my meds

Don Juan

:) That's funny. Until I read your post, I'd forgotten about the days when I used to get clones at the Mission Street place. Yeah, for sure, I got some fine quality specimens there. Too dumb to keep them going, I guess...probably thought they'd always be around. HOW WRONG THAT TURNED OUT TO BE!

It's awfully strange how things dried up.

S

scarred4life

Those were the days...
Rom
Trainwreck
Bubba
White Rhino

Does anyone know if the trainwreck at purple heart is the same as back then or how often it's available?

Frozenguy

Veteran
Anyone ever try the Trainwreck from SR71 Blue Sky?

I was gifted a TW cut from a medical patient friend and was wondering how authentic it was, how possible it is the Arcata.

I don't want to hear bashes about SR71, I've heard it all and made my decision to keep the clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts