What's new

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

LostTribe

Premium user
Wow its Day 11 of 11/13 already! Time flies when you're having fun! I hope to get more pics up by the weekend. The 2 females have stretched a bit but nothing major. I imagine with a shorter veg they would have been more leggy. Appears that buds are beginning to set in! Cannot wait!

Watered Monday and they are still a bit heavy but going to water tomorrow with PBP line and a bit of indonesian bat guano. Shooting for 1/2 tsp top dress for the guano and nutes up to 700ppm at 6.9 PH. The calcium deficient one is doing better but the runoff was 6.2 monday so I want to get it up a bit higher.

The males are pot bound so I need to come to a decision fast on which to take cuttings of.

My cuttings off the 2 bloomers are already showing roots also at day 11 in aero cloner with straight tap and no rooting hormones.

Vorsprung

C99 - my all time favorite. 7 years ago I got a package of C99 seeds from The Rev (skunk mag guy, if i remember correct?). Anyways - all the females were good, but I had one that just knocked mine and everyone else's socks off - she was C99#6 (numbered based on sprout order). Kept the mom about 2 years before a move to a new house, and just plain busy life did not keep me disciplined enough to keep her going. Felt like I lost a C99 holy grail with her.

Fortunately, I was able to pollinate her with one of the males from Rev's pack. Have 40 beans. Gonna start popping them and search for another 'the one', and start back crossing.

In my stock, in my fridge for the last 7 years, C99 related:

40 seeds of C99#6 (my numbered female 'holy grail' mother lost) x C99#5 (fast growing male 100% pineapple pheno) - will start the germination process of 10 tonight.

I also crossed that pineapple male with an excellent 'real deal' LA Confidential clone (one from grower who supplied most of the SoCal dispenseries around 2009/2010 - she was a winner). Grew 6 outdoors this summer and found a C99 leaning grapefruit/pineapple + heavy hash tones from LA Con. Not el-superbeasto but a damn good start to pollinate with some good males from my REV C99 cross. Have about 30 of the C99 x LA Con seeds left. Hopefully some magic in there.

Last of my remaining C99 beans, hopefully will germinate after 7 years in fridge:

Joey Weed's C99xBlueberry - just 3 seeds. crossing fingers for a female.

Hindu Purple Kush 'dispensary clone' x C99#5 (the REV pineapple male i had) - about 20 beans.

and some C99 x Deep Chunk which I honestly can't remember if it was a Joey Weed cross or was gifted by a member on here back in '09 ish.. did a lot of trading back then.

Haven't grown since 2010..just getting things setup again. Hoping some C99 magic can come from what I have.

Good luck with the grow LostTribe - look forward to watching. I ordered some Brother's Grimm Apollo 13 yesterday - trying to find somewhere that isn't sold out of C99 because I definitely want a couple packs.

At any rate, yeah, Cinderalla 99 - can't go wrong with her, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Arf

In my stock, in my fridge for the last 7 years, C99 related:

40 seeds of C99#6 (my numbered female 'holy grail' mother lost) x C99#5 (fast growing male 100% pineapple pheno) - will start the germination process of 10 tonight.

If they were in the fridge all the time, they probably will pop.

If it were me I would pop as many as I can, hermie all the females with some silver, and cross pollinate them with each other. That way there is half a chance you will get some offspring like the 'holy grail' mother you lost.

LostTribe

Premium user
If they were in the fridge all the time, they probably will pop.

If it were me I would pop as many as I can, hermie all the females with some silver, and cross pollinate them with each other. That way there is half a chance you will get some offspring like the 'holy grail' mother you lost.

I would have to disagree. Not a fan of feminized seed stock. If it were me I would most certainly open pollinate with all males and females that would give you the greatest chance at relocating an exact replica of the lost plant as only with the use of the male progeny will you locate all corresponding dominant and recessive alleles. If you use only the females you will only get copies of those females and not increase your chance of locating that special 1.

Please all remember the TOU policy with regard to info about outside vendors. Herbie's is a sponsored vendor and they have c99 in stock. I believe they will begin offering the 3 new Brothers Grimm Strains this week. Apollo 11, Apollo Haze and Killer Queen are set to release. I am thinking about killer queen but I do have AG13 so might just hit mine with a bit of c99 pollen from my chosen males. The Apollo 11 looks incredibly resin coated with killer red hairs so I am interested in that one maybe for next year.

Thank you
LT

Arf

I would have to disagree. Not a fan of feminized seed stock. If it were me I would most certainly open pollinate with all males and females that would give you the greatest chance at relocating an exact replica of the lost plant as only with the use of the male progeny will you locate all corresponding dominant and recessive alleles. If you use only the females you will only get copies of those females and not increase your chance of locating that special 1.

You can rest assured the male chromosomes were not in your special female, so why include them?

There is nothing stopping you pollinating some of the buds with the males as well.

Great thread and work so far, LT. Can't wait to see your finished product.! I was Bummed when the last thread was deleted, so finding this one was cool. Good luck, ill be following to see how the ladies progress.

bigbadbiddy

Quick update on my Cindys in the meantime:
The twofer was harvested, hang dried (10 days) and trimmed. Currently curing.
Sampled a bud or two and it was solid all around but nothing exceptional to me. No cough or anything even without a cure, no "special" taste or smell though either.
I am pretty sure a cure will do wonders for this bud though and it will benefit greatly so lets see in a month or so.

The other Cindy was chopped a few days ago and currently hang drying.

spugg

Great thread! I saw that the Grimm Brothers were back and actually thought long and hard about it. To have the original c99 would be awesome. The price tag put me of. I’ll follow this journal eagerly.

LostTribe

Premium user
You can rest assured the male chromosomes were not in your special female, so why include them?

There is nothing stopping you pollinating some of the buds with the males as well.

OP is no longer in possession of his special female only seeds. Do yourself a favor and dont waste time s1'ing your seeds if you are looking for that female keep males and use them the more parent plants used the greater chance of finding your special one.

And shame on you for suggesting he throwout his males think of all the fine genetics in those plants just begging to be passed on.:spank:

I discovered my Zamaldelica was seeded today. I had an Ace Purple old-timers haze male going in a "male" chamber but it also popped pollen 1 day in the tent. Hoping it did not hit the C99.

I took cuttings off my 2 favorite c99 males and put the 5 seed males into 10/14 to collect pollen.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have learned something very important today but I am going to keep that to myself and my select inner circle for the time being....

LostTribe

Premium user
C99 UPDATE with PICS!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

They are starting to push pistils!
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
OK so I was going to sit on this little bit of information until I spoke with a few folks but after much thought I will go ahead with it.

Today, I was watering my 2 cuttings from the first pack of C99 that I didnt get to bloom out. I noticed 1 Calyx full of standing trichomes. The Calyx was very carefully removed and rubbed between 2 fingers for about 20 seconds.....

Upon smell I was instantaneously thrust back over a decade into the outreached arms of my lost old keeper Cinderella 99 mother! The Classic tart tropical fruity goodness was there but the experience continued deeper in the essence the classic tartness, sort of sweet sour EVIL that has been missing in all other reproductions of C99 was in fact presenting itself to me.

I sat there for about 20 minutes in utter awe of what had just happened. This particular cutting was under 24/0 cfl's and sort of auto flowering but I did manage 1 cutting with 5 finger leaves. The leaf structure does not exhibit any double serrations on this particular specimen. The stems are very very dark purple and nodes are alternating shoots. I up potted her, watered her proper and placed her neatly under a 1k hps hortilux to speed up her vegetative growth.

I hope I get a chance to grab a few more packs of these for back ups. I know its just 1 calyx thats why I didnt want to speak on the matter at first but if that essence is there it will come out in full on bloom. I cannot wait! The cutting will probably take about 10 days in the aerocloner and a few weeks to veg. I have these other 2 blooming in the meantime!

What a wonderful day!
LT

GoatCheese

Veteran
This particular cutting was under 24/0 cfl's and sort of auto flowering

The plant was prolly just under some stress, it's not proper auto-flower, i'd say. My Gordy's Spice keeper does the same thing when she get root-bound and under watered etc, but she will be back to normal when the stress factors are removed. Some plants are more sensitive than others.

-

-

I know its just 1 calyx thats why I didnt want to speak on the matter at first but if that essence is there it will come out in full on bloom.

Yea, no worries. If resin on one calyx has such an aroma, you can bet the finished product will be more or less the same.

What i have noticed, with the little experience i have, you can pick a whole lot of the plant's aroma even during veg by "scratch and sniff" method. Sure the aroma can evolve to more fullness in later bloom, but still i feel i can picture a whole lot from the veg-smell. The veg-smell can also evolve a little when a seedling is growing to maturity.
:)

JimmyToucan

Congrats LT :biggrin: Some fine looking ladies you have bloomin'. Get that keeper cloned up and flowered out so we can hear about her.

Please all remember the TOU policy with regard to info about outside vendors. Herbie's is a sponsored vendor and they have c99 in stock. I believe they will begin offering the 3 new Brothers Grimm Strains this week. Apollo 11, Apollo Haze and Killer Queen are set to release. I am thinking about killer queen but I do have AG13 so might just hit mine with a bit of c99 pollen from my chosen males. The Apollo 11 looks incredibly resin coated with killer red hairs so I am interested in that one maybe for next year.

Thank you
LT

The Apollo 11 looks to be straight fire. And the Killer Queen looks good also. But, man, that Apollo 11 looks to be amazing. I also think they are working on a Chem D x C99 cross.

Facelesdoll

Does anybody have the instructions or the ordering sheet information to purchase directly from mr. Soul? A Cena in a threaded group discussion and was wondering if anybody could help me out please and thank you. Between Star crash and lost tribe I found all I've needed to get myself in the Cinderella 99 game again

~star~crash~

Does anybody have the instructions or the ordering sheet information to purchase directly from mr. Soul? A Cena in a threaded group discussion and was wondering if anybody could help me out please and thank you. Between Star crash and lost tribe I found all I've needed to get myself in the Cinderella 99 game again

When I asked him via e-mail Mr. Soul directed me to one one of his vendors.. you will get fresh seeds w 100% germination if it comes in a pack like
picture.php
with this
picture.php
should be very easy to locate:)