What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

LostTribe

Premium user
MORE PICS!!!

Trifolate male was growing 3 branches per node....
picture.php

picture.php

What do you all think so far?
LT

MTNMEN

I got myself some c99, Not from a bank but from a well respected northeastern farmer who traded me for backstraps and a couple other things. I intend to do a journal of it alongside my ace purple haze and malawi standard!

B

back_woods

LT
i like the looks of them all but the trifoliate male. think i would toss him. i have been following this and star crash as i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some 99

LT
i like the looks of them all but the trifoliate male. think i would toss him. i have been following this and star crash as i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some 99

Why would you toss the trifoliate male?

IDK if it would be able to pass being a trifoliate on to offspring but it would be interesting to see if it could happen.

If it did work and some of the resulting progeny were trifoliate IMO it would be good. I've had a trifoliate female before and it produced more than its sisters of the same strain all else being equal.

t99

Veteran
I got myself some c99, Not from a bank but from a well respected northeastern farmer who traded me for backstraps and a couple other things. I intend to do a journal of it alongside my ace purple haze and malawi standard!

Hope you got something great, would love to see the backstrap cut be the next elite!
I love a good steak

LostTribe

Premium user
Males do need to be up potted badly too. I still don't know about the trifoliate male, had trouble growing and branches are half as sturdy as the rest. I do like the narrower leaves on it though they resemble a more sativa like c99 I have grown before but still more like the new c99's. Princess has 5 finger leaves in the pics I posted back a few pages.

The male old-timer's haze is already throwing pollen so I am gonna try to just collect as much as I can off of him and let him go. Still have a cutting but debating.

The first c99 male pic looks most like the old pics of c99 I have 3 other males but 2 in particular have a lot wider leaf structure. 1 looks like the male soul used in the cross to me at least. I will pot more pics after males get up potted. They look a little N deficient on lower fans now but they are way too big for the 6 inch pots.

I may just take cuts off everything and save for later.

B

back_woods

Why would you toss the trifoliate male?

IDK if it would be able to pass being a trifoliate on to offspring but it would be interesting to see if it could happen.

If it did work and some of the resulting progeny were trifoliate IMO it would be good. I've had a trifoliate female before and it produced more than its sisters of the same strain all else being equal.

if i was going to pollen my other 99's with a male it wouldn't be with the trifoliate just me i guess.

LostTribe

Premium user
if i was going to pollen my other 99's with a male it wouldn't be with the trifoliate just me i guess.

The Trifoliate was also the runt of the litter.

I am happy with the others and will probably end up ditching the seed mom's and dad's in favor of newly rooted cuttings that way I can get back to hydro and quit messing around.

Its a lot easier for me that way I spend more time focusing on nutrient solution and less time on actually getting the plants watered by hand. Then more time is devoted to the actual plants themselves.

N

NewAgeGenetics

Please no violating the TOS no I know Mr Soul and got them straight from him.

He also gifted me some '88 G13Hashplant x Grimm Afghani male used in grimmdica and hash master! Ran in pretty high temps with not enough AC last summer but grew really easy and turned out great and a lot better smoke than my Sour OG turned out. Heres a pic and I have a few more in my album.
View Image

Cheers,
LT
You still run the '88 G13Hashplant x Grimm Afghani male?

it seems special! love the colour.

'bout the trifoliate male... I had a sensi star trifoliate female once from fem seeds, it was killer potent at the end but produced strange growth and deformed (flat) main stem so I wouldn't use it for breeding.

B

back_woods

The Trifoliate was also the runt of the litter.

I am happy with the others and will probably end up ditching the seed mom's and dad's in favor of newly rooted cuttings that way I can get back to hydro and quit messing around.

Its a lot easier for me that way I spend more time focusing on nutrient solution and less time on actually getting the plants watered by hand. Then more time is devoted to the actual plants themselves.

i don't blame you for going to hydro if that's what your use to. what ever style that makes a grower comfortable i say go for it. glad to see you gave the runt a chance as it seems alot of growers seem to ditch them off the bat. i have found that some of the runts turn into the surprise at the end

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
This is an awesome thread. I've got a C99 from Female Seeds that is just a boss. Clones root quickly, growth is very manageable for a sativa plant, flower time around 8-9 weeks, and the flavor, potency and high is just amazing. I wish I got my hands on it years ago.

-Funk

Wolfshadoe

Been interesting LT...That C-99 caught my eye. brothers grim ..
I would like to hear more bout G13/HP. I wonder how much the G 13 has changed since I last saw/grew it.Thanks for the good read! <ws>

LostTribe

Premium user
Been interesting LT...That C-99 caught my eye. brothers grim ..
I would like to hear more bout G13/HP. I wonder how much the G 13 has changed since I last saw/grew it.Thanks for the good read! <ws>

The 88 is totally different in a good way from the newer sensi mr. nice version and these look just like the mom used. I have grown the mr. nice but it was around 2002 and was not a keeper.

They are not releasing the 88afghani to my knowledge. I was gifted a few seeds and only popped 2 so far a male and a female. I lost a bunch of cuttings last summer including the female. I have the rest on ice for the time being.

If you are interested in the 88 you can find hybrids of it in some bodhi crosses and haze man has the f3's, p.o.w. and escaped. Not sure how they will compare though as all of those from haze man are made from ndnguy's seed stock. The seeds I received were created with a cutting.

I think some if not all of bodhi's were also made with the cut but I may be incorrect.

I am familiar with female seeds c99 but they are definitely different from the original c99 as Ferry(FMS breeder) was commissioned to create GNO3 c99 which I have grown out and f3'd. I also have a seedling of the current fms for comparison. I think these brothers grimm will be better overall representations of the originals and they are regular seed stock.

sorry I dont know how to do double quotes really.....

LostTribe

Premium user
Still a bit heavy today so no watering. The one with Ca deficiency is still looking bad so hoping to test runoff tomorrow. They are forming tops!

LostTribe

Premium user
Tested runoff today as the pots were beginning to lighten up. I watered with the following:

1 gallon RO
8 drops super thrive
5ml/gallon calmag+
5ml/gallon Liquid Karma
1/2 tsp EJ hi brix molasses
ph'd to 6.9
ppm 330

runoff was much lower compared to last week down up to 6.2 ph and 660ppm. So I do plan to fertilize with my next watering probably just stick to pure blend pro bloom and minimal amendments. Will continue to check runoff and watering will be done at a reduced ppm to avoid buildup and more lockout.

The greener healthier, super bushy female had a lower runoff of 600 and ph was more acceptable at 6.6! I think it was all the bat guano that lowered the ph too much. Maybe that and the ocean forest.

D

Dr.Suess

Hi LT

Is your 88afghani made with Nevil's clone labelled HP1.G13 aka G13 x (HP / NL#1) or is it something different? He did say it was the most Strongest indica he's ever smoked.:woohoo:

:thank you:

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LT

Is your 88afghani made with Nevil's clone labelled HP1.G13 aka G13 x (HP / NL#1) or is it something different? He did say it was the most Strongest indica he's ever smoked.:woohoo:

:thank you:

They are (G13 x hashplant/NL#1) x Afghani now back to the Cinderella 99!

I also have run airborne g13 and they have a totally different look. I believe it does rememble a G13xNL hybrid. Infact a lot like my Sensi NL but with longer leaf fingers. I have some S1's of that AG13 going currently in beginning of veg.

Back to the Brothers Grimm!

I popped 2 Grimm Mix that came as freebies with my 2 packs of C99. They are keeping the genetic makeup a secret. It is (secrete purple famed polyhybrid clone x P.75 male). Very very indica growth so far on the 2 I popped. Strange central leaf veins on the 1 finger leafs at 1st node. Interesting.