What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Thanks for the update, Tribe! Just what I wanted to hear. Now I can pull thr trigger on a pack. Great work, thanks for all the great Cindy info!

LostTribe

Premium user
They actually have come a long way in the last week after reviewing my pics.....If the quick beefy one has the same terps I am going to be very happy.

Time to grab a players pack for safe keeping!

LostTribe

Premium user
I did get some pics today will try to get them up tomorrow.

So far I have 3 different females.

C99 1 - Sweet Evil Tropical Fruity Goodness! cutting
C99 2 - Spicy Baby Poop! In Bloom
C99 3 - Heavy Yielding Grapefruit In Bloom
C99 4 - Undetermined cutting

Hoping for some real deal pineapple on #4 but gonna ante up and grab a couple more packs to check out gotta be some real nice girls in these!

LostTribe

Premium user
Day 30 of 11/13

I will try to get some new pics up tomorrow of the 2 blooming females. I upped the feeding today.

Top Dressed 4 oz EWC
Top Dressed 2 table spoons Indonesian bat guano

Fed
5 ml/g Calmag+
15 ml/g PBP bloom
5 ml/g Liquid Karma
2 ml/g Silica Blast
2 ml/g Hydroplex
PH'd to 6.5 reading 1030 ppm

The quick and heavy grapefruit girl still showing Cal deficiency but not slowing her down. The spicy baby poop girl is all green and not showing any problems at all. Still no roots on my males or other 2 cuttings. I already have cuts of the grapefruit and spicy baby poop back in the DRO safe and sound.

The Tropical girl and the undetermined girl were acting funky like auto flowering on me so I up potted and put under 1k hps in 18/6 and they have started to veg again so I will probably take new cuttings from them. The male cuttings were taken in 10/14 so they haven't rooted either but the seed males were cut back and put back on 24/0 as I was just checking them out and didnt want to seed up the bloomers for now. I will probably just toss the previous male cuts too and take new ones once the seed males get growing again. Its been about a week already since going back to 24/0's.

Glad to see the Trop's cut is banging away at it again and I will probably take a cut or so tomorrow I really need to get that one ready to shine! I think these 2 females in dirt will end my throwback to the dirt game for a while as it is just way too time consuming and yield is shit compared to one of my hydro girls....

Congrats on your find! I lost my pineapple mother in '06 and moved on. I've tried a few x's and fgens but nothing replaced the mother I lost. I will be keeping my eyes on your show

LostTribe

Premium user
Day 32 of 11/13

Lighter green girl spicy poo smelling at the moment.
picture.php

Nugs are smaller yet much stickier and more fragrant than the other female.
picture.php

This is the girl with the bigger buds. She had Calcium problems early on which is evident in the fan leaf deficiencies. The new bud growth shows only green going to purple buds.
picture.php

The night temps were quite low last week so the leaves started to go purple. Buds are twice the size and density of the first girl.
picture.php

This girl was smelling a lot like the indonesian bat guano sort of an earthy clay smell until just this morning. Now I am getting a similar smell to the other blooming plant sort of a rotten fruit smell maybe a little baby pooey too! Both definitely have authentic original C99 Terpenes. I just placed an order for the new Apollo 11 and a back up pack of the C99 to keep on ice!
picture.php

That 2nd girl has those classic huge white medusa hairs! Love watching these plants and cannot wait another month to burn some!

Best,
LT

Crazy Chester

Not very promising...

Not very promising...

No grapefruit or pineapple smell?

Definitely not like the original C99.

I'm holding out hope that you got something as good or better than the original, but it's not sounding like you got something substantially similar to the original to me.

LostTribe

Premium user
No grapefruit or pineapple smell?

Definitely not like the original C99.

I'm holding out hope that you got something as good or better than the original, but it's not sounding like you got something substantially similar to the original to me.

CC I think I know you...considering the Princess photo....anyways....

CC let me school you to the fact that I grew out atleast 5 packs of C99 from Bros Grimm in 2002 homie straight from HS before the bust that took down OG and everything else. Came in washers and white cardboard packs. Since that time I have run GNO3, F2's of GNO3, Dutchgrown, Mosca F1 and Mosca Bx1 and many F2's of all of those listed. So I know more than you it seems (unless you are who I think you are) or pretty much anyone here for that matter. Haven't found anyone in the last year that can come close to matching that. I even caved in a bought the last 2 packs of Nugshiners foundry C99 and not 1 cracked too old.

I know what original terpenes would smell like and these 2 females smell like ORIGINAL C99 circa 2002 homie. I have the baby poo on the first one and it is starting to get a bit grapefruit on her. The second more dense one just started exhibiting smell but is way denser and heavier yielding so far than the other.

I also have 2 other females vegging out and one of them is straight pineapple punch with a super pungent kick. It pre flowered and I had trichomes on 5 or so pre flowers. I will be taking cuttings of it soon.

If I didnt feel these were original I wouldn't be shelling out for another pack now rather then wait until I see Soul again in a couple months. With the new administration coming in less than a month I am not taking chances on loosing F1's of her again.

I also have 5 male studs and I will have F2's in about 8 weeks but only for the Tribe's private stock. No inquiries I dont trade or give handouts to Bums except flying gallon bags of pennies!

N

NewAgeGenetics

flying pennises? lol

dunno bro, they will be nice for sure, but even the c99 picture in your signature is much similar to mosca's c99 than original.

original c99 was sativa and finished in 45-50 days. now you are on day 32 and they looks likes maximum half way.

your last close bud pic is almost kushy.

anyways I'm excited about your results, even if your plants not seems really healthy at this round.

LostTribe

Premium user
flying pennises? lol

dunno bro, they will be nice for sure, but even the c99 picture in your signature is much similar to mosca's c99 than original.

original c99 was sativa and finished in 45-50 days. now you are on day 32 and they looks likes maximum half way.

your last close bud pic is almost kushy.

anyways I'm excited about your results, even if your plants not seems really healthy at this round.

Mosca did not provide me with any thing but a huge let down pack after pack think I ran 6 packs altogether still have half a pack of lot bx1 #711. I open pollinated a pack of his f1(not a true f1). Not original is my opinion atleast skewed way towards grapefruit by all means infact most taste bad compared to other varieties I have grown.

These 2 females although certainly a bit slower than the 02 cindy have way more authentic smells than anything I have run since around 2005-6 with Gypsies Gno3 C99 release.

The Sweet tropical fruity seems to be the one people always called pineapple but to me it was more of a hawaiian punch taste. The Hawaiian Punch cut I have vegging has about 8 tops on her now so I am gonna clone her next week along with the untested pheno. Time to stop playing around in dirt with all the kids and head back to hydro for a real show.

Also I have grown Pre98 Bubba Kush and SFV OG Kush and would not consider either of these c99 as "Kushy" maybe its just the close up of the plants. Oh you mean that pic from ironheadsgarden on IG....well yes but they said they ran a shit ton to find that girl.... but if on of mine turns out half that dense with the same smells as the fruit punch one I will have a shit eating grin on my face for the duration! Original C99 was known for having a sativa high on a mostly indica structured plant.

Either way I am happy with the results enough to warrant purchasing a back up pack or 2. The Apollo 11 will be run in the springtime hopefully.

Overall I am happy to find the smells and growth I am seeing combined with the stickiness of the buds. I have been fingering the shit out of those fan leaves so they dont show much resin but the buds are definitely showing bulbous trichomes.

As for the state of Cinderella prior to the return of Mr. Soul and Bros Grimm Seeds I have to be frank that I had given up hope of finding anything close to the originals and these few females, only 4 in total, have given me a renewed push to continue searching for the time being.

eyes

Veteran
With so many good strains out, why chase down a ghost from 17 years ago. I also ran the originals from the Bro's back in the day. Sure it was good. Why be so fixated on one strain when there's so many others that offer a cereberal experience on par or better. Lots of choices nowadays. Just saying.

Latest posts

Latest posts