What's new

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

LostTribe

Premium user
Duke Diamond probably won't want to rat out Mr. Soul - but, I'd imagine he knows everything about what happened to create the new release of C99.

I don't think its necessary honestly, Dukes seeds remain available at some US banks, while Mr Soul doesnt seem to have anyone still interested in selling his gear except for a few places in the EU. The majority of US places have stopped selling his offering nearly all at once for some reason or another. He's been at it a few times now. Started changing stories and now the Pineapple xx is from a completely different breeder or cutting someone found is what I heard on another site.

If I was looking for Cinderella 99 I would look anywhere but the current Brothers Grimm. There is a decent list of tested C99 on Post #1 that has been updated recently.

LostTribe

Premium user
I get what you say about the flower shape, most of the females of C99 I have selected have had a much pointier tip than Princess more blunt or rounded flowers, if you disregard the leaf shape on this one it’s pretty close to the type of bud you mean right?

Even this one has pointy buds just not from the very top terminal colas.

Attachments

• photo2116762.jpg
    photo2116762.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 63
  • attach18095397.jpg
    attach18095397.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 67

midwestkid

Veteran
Got another smoke report passed along from a friend:

"I asked him how about the other seeds (the ones I got from you, think he got like 2 of the C99#1 and two of the C99#4x1 and two of the C99 x White Widow.

He said ”those seeds were excellent, much better than any of the feminized seeds I have bought myself. Really nice plants and smells. When I trimmed them I got a pee sized trim hash ball and I smoked it, it was like the first time when we went to Cristiania when we were kids man, I laid down scared for some time like it was the first time I smoked in a long while”."

Also have a C99#1 ready to chop at day 56. I'll try to get some pics before I do the deed. She's got extremely red/orange hairs this run under LED.

The race car red hairs is something that caught my attention as well

LostTribe

Premium user
LostTribe thanks for updating post #1. I've got some of Peaks and may grab some of Joey Weeds in the future. I dont know when ill get around to popping them but im excited non the less.

Peak are from early Joey Weed seed stock. They were made from 1 pack by frost brothers and given to Peak to continue. They are a notch better than the Joey.

I ordered some of TRSC's but don't know when I will be able to get to them. They look nice too, but I have no experience with them so I still cannot give an honest recommendation. The pics posted a few pages back look nice though.

In other news got a half a zip in a samich baggie all rolled up nice but its not getting pocket time like back in the day still got some stick going on... developing

Camera battery dead.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Was thinking that you guys might like to know that Sly from Brothers Grimm past on a while back - so it's no more The Brothers - just Mr Soul left now - sadly - RIP SLY -

Here is a pic of him - Sly is the white-fella on the left of the pic - the other guy is a life long friend -

* from Mr Soul -
''This is the only photo of my original partner (on left) in Brothers Grimm, who was known as "Sly" I've ever had. It was just sent to me yesterday by his childhood friend Stanley who is pictured on the right. #rip''

Click image for larger version  Name:	brothers grimm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	18095863

Muleskinner

Veteran
so.....*ahem*....is Gypsy confirming that the current proprietor of BG seeds is indeed the same individual that presented as "Mr. Soul" 20 years ago in the Jaguar?

Not trying to hate on anyone here....it's more an anthropomorphic fascination of stoner culture and mythology. "Stoner stories" are, by definition fanciful tales NOT based on tangible evidence. Anyone that starts their own company and works to offer products that people want is good to me, it's all good, capitalism creates wealth. Exchanging goods and services for cash increases happiness. Say whatever you want in marketing....knock yourself out, I wish you success.

Personally, expensive cannabis seeds and breeders have "jumped the shark" for me. I can't believe seeds are still $10 a pop after years of legalization. All the other seeds I buy are pennies per seed or less. The vast majority of modern breeders, yes, even Brothers Grimm in the late 90's, are just taking seeds they bought elsewhere and crossing them together. The important foundational work was done many decades ago in the 70's and 80's.....making modern strains out of landraces.

Seeds and breeders remind me of famous "extreme skiers" and stars of skiing films. Everybody that's ever lived the ski bum life knows that most big resorts have dozens, if not hundreds, of hot local skiers every bit as good as the guys in the movies or better. They're just not trying to monetize it. You can watch them ski for free. I feel like making seeds is the same way.

I know a guy here in Mass. that's been making his own outdoor sativa seeds for 20-30 and his plants last summer were the best outdoor plants I've ever seen. Huge, dense resinous buds and no mold here in Eastern Massachusetts which unbelievable. Miracle plants. This guy doesn't even have enough seeds to share, he gives 99% of his seeds and clones away every year to friends. I'm on the wait list.

jessethestoner

Mr Soul ( I do like that name ) if again all is to be believed found the Princes plant from the seed he found in the JH flower and he selected a male found in that same seed and back crossed to his sister being Princes.

He then continued to select males and back crossing back to Princes set amount of generations.

All Soul knew was he found seed in a JH flower from a coffee shop in Holland.

If you read the Vic High archives you will see Soul shared with many including Vic.

what is this archive? could i get a link please hempy?

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Just to follow on from Hempy I found this and copied and paste….

"Princess was obtained from growing out seeds found in buds of Jack Herer that was purchased in Amsterdam at the "Sensi-Smile" coffee shop, an authorized outlet of Sensi Seed Bank. Thus, it is considered to be an f2 generation Jack Herer. The seeds were found only in the deepest part of the buds indicating that the father was an unusually early-maturing JH that the growers missed at first." - MrSoul

"Princess is a female which resulted from a seed found in a Jack Herer bud I bought in Amsterdam near the Sensi Seed Bank at "Coffeeshop Sensi Smile". The bud came in a 2 gr. cello-pack with the Sensi logo; I expected sinsemilla, but it had about 10 seeds so I assume she's an F2 JH. Her characteristics were so fine I wanted to create seeds that would "replicate" this plant. She has the KILLER Haze-influenced high with the most DELICIOUS pineapple/evil scent, 50 day maturation in 12/12, and incredible resin production, doesn't stretch - yet clearly Sativa-dominant! Last but not least: Never a hint of hermaphrodism after 2 years of cloning & many different styles of grow.

I wanted to "cube" Princess but add a little beef to her branches because the buds were always too heavy at harvest and branches needed staking to keep from flopping over. I crossed my ShivaSkunk female with one of the males from the same group of seeds that Princess came from. THIS cross produced a male which was then crossed to Princess, creating "P.50" (using a shorthand notation I developed to indicate the fraction of Princess genes in the cross).
Each generation is the result of crossing a male from the previous generation to Princess herself (incestuous, I know).
Blow-by-blow description of the generations:
P.50 = Heavy, single-cola type plants with mellow high (too much influence from the ShivaSkunk) Sweet fruity scent/flavor. Unstable in most traits - for example, 10 days difference in fastest/slowest maturation period in a group of 20 seedlings.
P.75 = Plants leaning MUCH more in the direction of Princess in floral cluster and bud structure, scent/flavor turned more "tropical" like pineapple. The stability was becoming better - two major phenotypes; short & dense (potent too) or tall/HUGE (Not so potent).
P.88 = Renamed Cinderella 88 when first released on the market. It grows fast and produces excellent yields of FROSTY buds in 7 weeks! Generally uniform seedlings with minor differences in floral formation and some height variance, but the smoke is quite consistent from all plants - Dense, heavy nuggets of fruity scented & flavored (like wild berries) and covered in resin glands, the dried buds have distinctly ORANGE pistils.
And now P.94 = Cinderella 99. This project has been a huge success. The strain has been embraced by the "net"work of growers with rave reviews.

Dogeatweedworld

C99 from what i know is a cubed/back cross line that was made back to Princes that originated in the seed Soul brought back to the US.

The C99 seed you Joey Fet and all others got that produced the F2s would have ended up in Souls long term seed storage also as all breeders back there genetics up.

Here is Soul from feb this year talking about how C99 came about.

Lots of old posts from Soul at BC Growers Association Archive
http://www.cannabase.com/cl/bcga/bcg.htm

Apparently “all” breeders don’t back up their work.

Taking Soul’s word as fact is an error as it has been proved through his own contradictions that he is not honest.

LostTribe

Premium user
This C99 is in the jar and has a predominantly metal funk to her. This is some strong smoke and without paranoia so far but havent tried her at night alone. That usually sets it off fairly quickly. The dried nugs are some of the nicest c99 I have had in a long time. Not as fruity as the last few but the dried nugs look very similar and without a sniff you would probably have a difficult time telling them apart, this one and my C99#1 that is. Hoping to hit the #1 with pollen from this other line.

A friend sent me a pack of TRSC Cindy and I got 2 trying to germ. Funny they didnt pop tails in water, but I normally use paper towels so in the coco starter they went.

Sorry I don't have fresh pics I just love this photo though. I like to take my time when I do take pics and would like to have some good lighting for the dried shots. Also its been humid and I don't really want to chance messing up the cure.

Attachments

• photo2116762.jpg
    photo2116762.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 53
  • attach18109268.jpg
    attach18109268.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 60