What's new

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

stiff

Veteran
@TPFTFW
Maybe I can tell you in a weeks time. I fear that I jared them a day to early. At the moment they don't smell fancy. They smelled nice before harvest (floral/sweet) and I was really looking forward to check her out myself. I hope I didn't fuck it up 🤞

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Please all be respectful to each other and stay on topic. If you feel the need to 'talk' to each other then take it to the PM's and not on the public forum.

Stay on topic and respect the T.O.U. which is applicable on this forum.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
The thread is cleaned as well as off any posts that we the moderators see as offending or off-topic.

Last edited:

chakras

Good point - we all know how often mislabels happen - the origins of C99 may be even more mysterious than I had thought. Then again, I've found so many similarities between JH and C99 - she always seemed to me to be like a fast flowering JH.

Hey CC,

Nice to say hello again. My take is the same as your initial thinking - that Cindy99 is a fast version, at a minimum, of at least some of the genetics of Jack Herer. One could surmise, that if the bud that the original Princess came from, the mother of C99, was originally bought as Jack Herer, that there could at least be better than 50% chance that the father was a JH too. Maybe a late male that did not get noticed in time. Guess we will never know for sure. We do know that the label on the bought bag said the mother was JH. I have always too favored JH type strains and well worked hybrids thereof. Cinderella 99 certainly qualifies in that realm. I have some other JH derived strains, other than what I am currently working with now, Vortex (Genius x P75 x Romulan x Cindy99), and am anxious in the next little while, when I get settled in more so still, to start on my own F2 projects with them, Brother x Sister crosses exclusively. I have about ten well preserved variants from original paks I want to safeguard, none of which exists on the market nowadays. Take good care. Peace

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Hey CC,

Nice to say hello again. My take is the same as your initial thinking - that Cindy99 is a fast version, at a minimum, of at least some of the genetics of Jack Herer. One could surmise, that if the bud that the original Princess came from, the mother of C99, was originally bought as Jack Herer, that there could at least be better than 50% chance that the father was a JH too. Maybe a late male that did not get noticed in time. Guess we will never know for sure. We do know that the label on the bought bag said the mother was JH. I have always too favored JH type strains and well worked hybrids thereof. Cinderella 99 certainly qualifies in that realm. I have some other JH derived strains, other than what I am currently working with now, Vortex (Genius x P75 x Romulan x Cindy99), and am anxious in the next little while, when I get settled in more so still, to start on my own F2 projects with them, Brother x Sister crosses exclusively. I have about ten well preserved variants from original paks I want to safeguard, none of which exists on the market nowadays. Take good care. Peace

Hi Chakras! Good to hear from you. That's great that you are working on creating some Vortex F2s - I've heard that some great phenos have come out of the Vortex beans. Are your Apollo 13 beans getting close to the top of your project list? That one will be epic too!

chakras

Hi Chakras! Good to hear from you. That's great that you are working on creating some Vortex F2s - I've heard that some great phenos have come out of the Vortex beans. Are your Apollo 13 beans getting close to the top of your project list? That one will be epic too!

Hi Chester: Likewise! Yes, as a matter of fact they are. A13 is near the top of the list. I do not have my totally "own" space set up yet - it is still a work in progress. But I am closing in on that date now, where as before it was more indefinite. I am still in a shared space, so since they are very well preserved still I am confident that when I pop them open they will come forth. I'll definitely stay in touch. They say sharing is caring, and not sure how close in proximity we are but when the time is right I am sure we can make something work on both those fronts. Vortex is alot like how LT has described his #1 I believe. You might not want to partake more than just a little before bedtime. If you did you could find yourself in half dreams into the morning with no real deep sleep.

Last edited:

chakras

I saw when you posted that pic last time and it made me grab a few packs of TRSC. Have you grown any of the other C99's by chance? Angus never got back to me on which 2 c99's were used by the breeder. Looks thick and classic thick 99 hairs.

That one above w the Princess pic has a metallic bit too it. Very strong stuff too think I tried a bit too much of it yesterday.
TRSC is available in other places where it can be gotten stateside too. Some folks are adverse to foreign post.
And, don't feel too bad. You're not the only one to get "cleansed". If it keeps things nicer, then it's all good !!!
Peace

midwestkid

Veteran
This is from @LostTribe femmed#1. Labeled #1C
I think the #1 line is kinder than the #4 line? This one smells like sour citrus. Maybe grapefruit. It is very strong. Makes my heartbeat more noticeable. Smooth ascent and smooth descent.
The #4 fems have a fruity note but mine also smell like canned peas! Interesting smell that's the only way my brain can describe it. The #4 makes me nervous and feel like I could possibly lose my mind. Lots of mental chatter. Drastic takeoff and tired crash at the end.
Overall this stuff is strong. It seemed fairly easy to keep her happy. And above average yields.
Thanks for letting me test these out!

Attachments

• 20220505_203826.jpg
    20220505_203826.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 134

chakras

@TPFTFW
Maybe I can tell you in a weeks time. I fear that I jared them a day to early. At the moment they don't smell fancy. They smelled nice before harvest (floral/sweet) and I was really looking forward to check her out myself. I hope I didn't fuck it up 🤞
A solution is to hang them on strong string in an area that normally receives a good amount of humidity in a home. In some regions, where basements exist, this works well. Or you can improvise using this same concept. Introduce room heaters in two or three places in the room, so as to not directly be heating what you have hanging, but drying the air around it. Let them dry out to where you can tell they are "bone dry" for 2-3 days. Then, shut off your room heaters and let what you have hanging naturally re-absorb the humidity back from the air. When you squeeze them now they should have regained their nice suppleness, and when you go to store them (cold is best) they will have regained all their flavor and smell. It also helps it to retain and to stabilize all of the high qualities. As always, with anything, try it on a small batch and see what you think. This process has worked very well, many, many times, over.

If you live in a drier climate you can always add a humidifier after letting them become bone dry, but you need to be careful to not allow them to get too wet. Keep heaters, and a humidifier if used, a distance away from what's hanging. I also try to keep some distance between them on the string. You don't really want fat ones touching while drying. I have heard folks say to allow them to "cure" slowly on the string, and while it appears true that this occurs, mold and other airborne invaders, are also at work. I found that, contrary to my initial inclination, that drying them as as quickly as possible without heating them adversely, and then letting them recompose themselves, works best. Mold, fungus, and mildew are defeated best in this way, and they are the enemy.

EDIT: Combined 2 Posts

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Oh wow man! You really outdid yourself on all these. That looks great! Sounds like the #1 from the description too. I had another friend that tested some of both and he gave reports today of catching the fear on the 4x1 and noted the 1 was a kinder more chill ride just as you have! I am glad you like them and thank you for the report!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is from @LostTribe femmed#1. Labeled #1C
I think the #1 line is kinder than the #4 line? This one smells like sour citrus. Maybe grapefruit. It is very strong. Makes my heartbeat more noticeable. Smooth ascent and smooth descent.
The #4 fems have a fruity note but mine also smell like canned peas! Interesting smell that's the only way my brain can describe it. The #4 makes me nervous and feel like I could possibly lose my mind. Lots of mental chatter. Drastic takeoff and tired crash at the end.
Overall this stuff is strong. It seemed fairly easy to keep her happy. And above average yields.
Thanks for letting me test these out!

You made me laugh with the 'I could possibly lose my mind.' Sounds like a bit of the indica got mixed in with #4. Crashing at the end. I find if the sativa dominate strain has too much indica in it, the noids can appear.

cannaloop

Am I ever glad I have found this thread. Thanks @LostTribe for starting this.

I had originally grown out a couple Joey Weed C99 outdoors back in 2006 and although they were nice plants, I don't think they had the traits most folks are after.
I put the rest of the seeds in the freezer for long term storage. This year I started a couple more and have ended up with a really nice female. It clones very well and isn't fussy, and through flowering it went through a stage where it smelled pooey ( I know that's not a word ;D ) and then into pineapple and has now gone to a pineapple/citrus/other tropical indescribable fruit smell.

I still have 4 seeds from the original 2005/6 pack that I found this plant.

I have grown some of the Peak cindy's and although they are extremely resilient and interesting plants, I have not come across one with too much character in the aroma. It's good to hear that others have found keepers in that source though.

I am just getting ready to cross it with a RSC/Kwik male, that has been an incredibly easy growing/cloning plant that also had hints of candy green apple/jolly rancher on its stem rubs when it was younger. I am really hoping to get vigour because of the breeding distance away from each other while hopefully getting the pineapple and complex fruit smells.

If any of you could comment on the photos below of this plant, it would be much appreciated - I mean in regards to how similar or not it looks compared to some of your originals or other winners or losers you have found.

Attachments

• C99J-3_202205.JPG
    C99J-3_202205.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 78
  • C99J-3_202208.JPG
    C99J-3_202208.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 81

LostTribe

Premium user
I think pheno's in JW, Peak and the FDM are are possibly yeilding 10% fruity/citrus from female plants so it might take a few packs and a proper search to find a good one. This does differ from the originals which were very stable and a keeper was easily found in each pack if not several keepers.

LostTribe

Premium user
I was just cleaning the seed vault and found packs from Dutchgrown Sweet Tooth #3 x C99 and BOGs Sweet Cindy.. BOG and DutchGrown are labeled with the same genetic makeup. From what I remember DG seeds produce very c99 dom plants.
I really liked the Dutchgrown but only had a pack and about 3 females and sadly didnt make any f2's. I bet theres some good ones in those sweet tooth crosses for sure! Last time I was looking at bog's didnt he use one more line in his cross, might have been something later on. I think he had a bit of bog bubble in there? I liked the bog bubble I ran but it was quite a long time ago.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really liked the Dutchgrown but only had a pack and about 3 females and sadly didnt make any f2's. I bet theres some good ones in those sweet tooth crosses for sure! Last time I was looking at bog's didnt he use one more line in his cross, might have been something later on. I think he had a bit of bog bubble in there? I liked the bog bubble I ran but it was quite a long time ago.

Bogs Sweet Cindy 99 is the same as Dutchgrown sweet cindy.. They both used the same SWT#3 x C99... DG also had a line called Killer queen redux which is C99 x G13bx.. I do believe the C99 that got used in all of these was the C99 clone from Rez.