What's new

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Crazy Chester

Attacking the breeder you got your seed from your now reproducing seed of is productive how ?

IMO - it's productive to alert potential seed buyers to the true nature of the seeds - which is valuable information in cases like this where a breeder is misrepresenting the nature and quality of his seeds.

Everyone here recognizes that Brothers Grimm brought Cinderella 99 to the world 20+ years ago and that it was great.

That's the respect Brothers Grimm deserves - but, that's also ancient history - especially for those of us who no longer have our keepers from those old Brothers Grimm seeds.

Speaking for myself, it is not an attack to express one's disappointment at the false representations Mr. Soul has made about the quality of his new Cindy seeds. But, if it is an attack you are perceiving, it is one that is well deserved because "Mr. Soul" released the new version before 1) test growing it; or, 2) after test grows confirmed it is not close enough to share the name of the original version.

If Mr. Soul had been upfront and truthful about how the new Cindy actually compared to the original, there would be nothing to attack - but he wasn't.

It was disrespectful for him to misrepresent the nature and quality of the new Cindy seeds to the very growers who supported him by buying his very expensive seeds 20+ years ago - they were worth the price for the original back then, but we feel like Soul ran the 'ole bait and switch on us by him insisting the new release is "just like" the old one. I think he's even stated that the older growers who popped the original have found that the new one is just as good - talk about disrespect - too many growers who had the real deal back then (like me, Lost Tribe and about a half dozen others who have posted on this thread) are still around to give their comparisons of the new Cindy to the original Cindy.

Crazy Chester

"The flowers the seed came from were sold as JH but were the flowers even JH."
Good point - we all know how often mislabels happen - the origins of C99 may be even more mysterious than I had thought. Then again, I've found so many similarities between JH and C99 - she always seemed to me to be like a fast flowering JH.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Cindy came down and is most very excellent!

20220416_174831.jpg

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Smells like pineapple and funk, loudly. The scissor hash had me in the clouds. Been sampling the different phenos. #130 is the largest yielder and is potent, mouth coating pineapple citus mouth coating acid fruit thing. Smooth smoke. Good old fashioned C99!

Plus ripe seeds!

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
My earlier comment about chucking my 99fv due to the stink was wrong. I generally refill my filters, but had bought some to match a fan downsize. So the old ones got tired, then the new ones were rubbish. Tipped one out and filled it myself. Sorted.
I kept the 99 to see it outdoors. It's not lost :)

LostTribe

Premium user
Kwik Seeds C99 (or a happy accident):
full
I saw when you posted that pic last time and it made me grab a few packs of TRSC. Have you grown any of the other C99's by chance? Angus never got back to me on which 2 c99's were used by the breeder. Looks thick and classic thick 99 hairs.

That one above w the Princess pic has a metallic bit too it. Very strong stuff too think I tried a bit too much of it yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother Nature

I saw when you posted that pic last time and it made me grab a few packs of TRSC. Have you grown any of the other C99's by chance? Angus never got back to me on which 2 c99's were used by the breeder. Looks thick and classic thick 99 hairs.

That one above w the Princess pic has a metallic bit too it. Very strong stuff too think I tried a bit too much of it yesterday.
I haven't actually, but I've made seeds with the above plant and two males I found in the same TRSC pack. I'd ran a couple outside this year, but they didn't finish as they got trampled and munched by a rogue cow that didn't respect fences. I'm still running the above plant as it's been my personal favorite out of what I've been growing lately, shes only in veg now, but I can try to get some photos up a little later. Out of the original 6 I put down, I did only get 1 female, but she was definitely a keeper, still have 6 from the original pack plus my own crossing of it to get through.

That princess looks beautiful, a lot like some of the best Jack Herer I've had. The c99 has a very heavy artificial pineapple flavor, like pineapple flavored candies if that makes sense. The high is mostly in the head, the kind that makes trees nicer to look at and gives you a goofy smile on your face, but if you over indulge the body effect starts to kick in and can become a little foggy, but in a good way. I've also run the Afghaan 90 from TRSC and crossed a female to one of my male cindys and the result was amazing, super early finishing outside, with pine, skunk, and tar smells and a high that has no ceiling but also isn't overwhelming.

LostTribe

Premium user
UPDATED March 2022

Summary: Before you throw away $150 on Mr Soul's "recreation of cinderella" I recommend looking elsewhere as real Cinderella is still available and at a fraction of that price.

No. I do NOT believe his release to be real and likely 50% Cinderella at best and have chosen to exclude it from the list below due to many discrepancies with the offering and I cannot with a good conscience be a part of promoting something I do not find to be genuine.

Now lets check out some REAL Cinderella 99!!! Most recently, I have been working to preserve a set of Cindy lines that are in line with the original Cinderella releases which I had the privilege of working over two decades ago.

Cinderella #1
picture.php

The Legend of Cinderella is that of a 50 day heavy leaning sativa plant. These plants grew decent buds but lacked strength in the stem structure. The smoke itself was revered by many as a hypnotic and some plants may have the potency to cause some smokers to freak out and have extreme paranoia and anxiety. Smells and tastes were something very rare, fruit as well as baby poo and spice. The fruity characteristics were lost in the majority of lines I have tried over the past decade, longer actually.

This thread started as a search for my long Lost Holy Grail known as Cinderella 99. Over the past decade I have continued to keep searching. With most results leaving me with a great deal to be desired. Lots of times I wanted to just give up and look to new strains that it seems everyone is interested in and give up on what once was. Recent findings have given rise to a new feeling of hope. There is still a great deal to be done. The road we travel is long and rough but its not about the final destination its about what we experience and learn along the way that makes us who we are.

It feels surreal to finally have run into species with such similarities to the original lines. The euphoric smoke is most pleasant and should be held among the best varieties of time. The #1 is a very Euphoric experience, long lasting, floating, flying, mind numbing ride lacking the paranoia and raciness of my other keeper. #4 is a completely different creature, the fear comes out quite often, speedy, racy and definitely paranoia inducing floral mango esque sweet yet deadly experience not created for the novice smoker. I prefer the #1 as it is a multi dimensional experience without the hellish extremes of the other line. These take a few more days than the originals but not more than a week IMHO, in a dialed environment they could finish very close to 50 days. I normally take them to 58.

Important Notes:

I have run:
Original C99 2002
F2's
Gno3
Gno3 f2's
f3's
Dutchgrown f2
FMS C99
Mosca F1
Mosca Bx1
Joey Weed C99 (RECOMMENDED)
Nuggetshiners Foundry C99
FDM C99 F3
Peak Seeds BC (RECOMMENDED)

An important note for those that are new to C99 and what this thread is really all about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefingchong View Post
Joey Weed description states - "You will get 99.9% of what you get from the original."

is this tested to be untrue?

ANSWER:
I believe Mr. Soul used to make that comment that she was true breeding and that JW probably included that in his own description as well.

BUT, if that were true we would all have plenty of super DANK c99 everywhere we looked would we not?

It comes down to the dominant and recessive alleles within each singular female and male plant which are bred to one another in 1:1 matings.

Conclusion:(just with regard to your question)
With regard to the most sought after characteristics of the Original Cinderella P.97 C99 plants, Grapefruit appears to be much more dominant within the line, than the more sweet and Tropical expressions. It may have been a case of too small a population left behind to breed with or it may be a case of seed makers chucking without testing. Facts are that most HS seed stock was depleted within months of the disappearance of Brothers Grimm Seeds. Additionally, most growers choose to cull all male plants, even then I find C99 to produce a higher ratio of females. Odds are that not enough males were kept to find a proper mating. Then comes standard breeding principles regarding dominant and recessive combinations.

I believe all 3 of these issues have played a role in the current state which we find the line in today.

Nevil believed strongly in 1:1 matings which takes ample time and loads of testing of progeny, while maintaining all males and females in clone form. BG originally took another route with the use of cubing the line. It took them 2.5 years to complete. Some things I have read from Gregor Mendel since that time lead me to believe that this cubing process may have been the cause of a degradation within the line to where we are now. This time BG tried to one off a line with 1 male and no testing and was destined for failure, either due to loss of Princess or due to no testing of the 1:1 mating. Most "breeders" of today are not breeding. But that's dependent on the individual and I am not calling anyone out its just my opinion. I have been guilty of that too in fact.

Current Keepers both selected from a few packs of various seeds.
picture.php

picture.php

The 4 is my current fav it checks all the boxes, but the 1 is amazing too.

picture.php

picture.php

Good Vibrations,
LT
Refer to Post #1 for the low down on where to find real Cinderella 99. Sorry for the reaction but I dont go around personally attacking anyone with personal insults in this forum of course we all have our differences and I just came back to say that I was out of line as well and remove the non c99 statements. Alot of people spend alot of money on seeds I just feel alot lately people in general are not being truthful with regard to genetics or maybe they got something that wasnt what someone told them and keep pushing things. My point was that there are a few places you might still find some c99 thats close enough to the originals for a decent deal considering what some are charging for things that might not be either pure or even just something that resembles what they are claiming. Sure there is a chance it comes down to selected individuals but I've seen alot of cindy and its easy to tell similarities and differences.

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Good point - we all know how often mislabels happen - the origins of C99 may be even more mysterious than I had thought. Then again, I've found so many similarities between JH and C99 - she always seemed to me to be like a fast flowering JH.
a 50day 'mostly' sativa thats ass-kicking.... i have grown many sativa's n at 50days the buds are the size of my dick (yes i have a small dick)...

LostTribe

Premium user
Nice pics LT! For clarity does TRSC = The Real Seed Co and if so I didn't realize they sold hybrids. More info would be bookoo appreciated.
I should clarify. TRSC = The real seed co and is available at Kwik seeds. I was talking about Brothers pics in the above post with the fat nugs with bright orange hairs on this page. I started 2 but they didn't make it in. In veg one sort of reminded me of a mosca I had but that is pure speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy Lahey

The fruity characteristics were lost in the majority of lines I have tried over the past decade, longer actually.

You should PM me mate. I've got the fruity portion you need to put back into it to make that fusion we used to have more frequently back in the day. aka 99'

Not Kidding Tho........HMU.

TPFTFW

Veteran

Latest posts

Latest posts