What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I gave Mr Soul a ride in me old Jag many years ago - we headed to Amsterdam from London - and had some interesting chat - seemed like a nice fella - and since C99 is my favourite 'erb - and we had a business relationship since the very early 2000's to distribute Brothers Grimm Seeds - we got along nicely - I did ask him at the time if we could make seeds from his C99 seeds - to be able to feed the need for his and Sly's wonderful creation - and he said that it would be superb if we could do that (gave us a green light) - so first I asked Mau from Nirvana seeds to do this - and he got Ferry from (nowadays Female Seeds) to make what were called Cinderella 99 F2's - Then a bit later Wallyduck was interested to do a similar thing with the C99 Pineapple pheno -

Let's not have arguments over silly stuff chaps - be respectful to the thread starter - and the other ICMAG brothers/sisters on this thread - he does sound like he knows what he is talking about -

Hey GN, so the seeds I got labeled Cindy 99 FM from GN collection was a part of that F2 process?

As I said earlier, I did not grow the one seed plant last year with much TLC and only about 5 hours direct light a day. This is about 5 months cure. Still pineapple, citrus with funk squeeze.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A7E80C2B-C0EB-4B96-9458-1BDA77F60842.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	161.6 KB ID:	18092622

Unfortunately I also had to run up to family while it was drying last fall. Got too dry. Aroma is there, but flavor is mild. The effects are very much in line with C99 expectations. Very up initially with paranoia potential. Mellows into a hybrid effect after about 45minutes to an hour.

LostTribe

Premium user
I still cannot access the phylos galaxy can anyone else check the following if its up?? If not I'll keep this list for varieties that may give access to some clues.

Princess
Genius
Cinderella 88
Cinderella 99
Apollo 11(Bodhi did a bit f4?)
Apollo 13 (Subcool also did some Apollo work)
Killer Queen Lone Star Cut
Roseta Stone (but fat chance the old one not the "remake" would be in there and of course the new one he used two totally different lines than the original)

I bet that Lone Start Cut might be in there if any. Maybe Apollo.

Anyone have any original Apollo 11 while I am thinking about it?? I have no experience with any of the apollo/genius lines but did get some Apollo XX freebies from another seed purchase which I havent touched)

Another note C99#1 is at 53 days and has really fattened up the last 2 days just impressive 2 liter cola on one side but still a bit fluffy compared to this new one which is very dense.

Stay Tuned for the sandwich baggie stick test coming soon!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey GN, so the seeds I got labeled Cindy 99 FM from GN collection was a part of that F2 process?

As I said earlier, I did not grow the one seed plant last year with much TLC and only about 5 hours direct light a day. This is about 5 months cure. Still pineapple, citrus with funk squeeze.

Unfortunately I also had to run up to family while it was drying last fall. Got too dry. Aroma is there, but flavor is mild. The effects are very much in line with C99 expectations. Very up initially with paranoia potential. Mellows into a hybrid effect after about 45minutes to an hour.

If the pack said C99 FM - then it would have been some feminized C99 - most probably from a split pack of Female Seeds C99 -

LostTribe

Premium user
One unknown Cindy99 listing in phylos only seeing a majority of skunk and a smaller portion only as cbd. I have not seen any tested c99 so not sure if this listing is pure or where it came from. I was trying to check some others not really sure how this works.

Interesting maybe. There is an Apollo 13 similar profile with mostly skunk also a bit of cbd.

Super Skunk (AfghT x Sk#1)
Shiva Skunk (NL5 x SK#1)
MLI -AfghT was found in the original ML and said to be quite loud also thought to be a precusor to Skunk #1 although that is an assumption not made by Sam.
it doesnt remind me of c99 but BigBud is Afghan Skunk

Probably a few others. I know there is a Shiva Skunk II not sure what it is or when it came about, but both Shiva's were named after Ben Dronkers daughter weren't they? Could have been Skunk crosses he later renamed for her most likely though.

LostTribe

Premium user
Got another smoke report passed along from a friend:

"I asked him how about the other seeds (the ones I got from you, think he got like 2 of the C99#1 and two of the C99#4x1 and two of the C99 x White Widow.

He said ”those seeds were excellent, much better than any of the feminized seeds I have bought myself. Really nice plants and smells. When I trimmed them I got a pee sized trim hash ball and I smoked it, it was like the first time when we went to Cristiania when we were kids man, I laid down scared for some time like it was the first time I smoked in a long while”."

Also have a C99#1 ready to chop at day 56. I'll try to get some pics before I do the deed. She's got extremely red/orange hairs this run under LED.

Crazy Chester

have MrSoul posted any pictures of the Princess cut publicly since the return?

At the beginning of Soul's "comeback", he posted instagram pics that showed what he described as pollinated Princess - carrying the seeds of the new C99. I believe that was on his personal Instagram account, "Rick Campanella", I think it was. I'm not an Instagram member and I cannot find those pics since then. He also posted bags of C99 seeds that he said were original F1s from back in the day.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Here’s what the old guy behind the old company said about the time-line… 1997.... hm....

Edit: so everyone can see the quote I referenced

This is a great post - it should clear up Hempy's understanding. The bottom line is Mr. Soul calls the "new 99" the same as the "old 99" - yet, nothing could be further from the truth.

The Cinderella 99 released by Brothers Grimm at the turn of the century was created this way, according to Mr. Soul:

1) Princess x (Shiva Skunk x brother of Princess) = P50; 2) Princess x P50 male = P75; 3) Princess x P75 male = P88; and, finally, the generation that created the original Cinderellla 99 seed offering, 4) Princess x P88 = P94.

Here's how the "new 99" was created, according to Mr. Soul:

Princess x P94 ("old 99") = P97.

One would think this would have made a Cinderella 99 that was at least as good as the original one. It didn't. But, that hasn't stopped Mr. Soul from pretending it did.

Stocktont

Veteran
At the beginning of Soul's "comeback", he posted instagram pics that showed what he described as pollinated Princess - carrying the seeds of the new C99. I believe that was on his personal Instagram account, "Rick Campanella", I think it was. I'm not an Instagram member and I cannot find those pics since then. He also posted bags of C99 seeds that he said were original F1s from back in the day.

Ok, I do remember they posted a picture of the male they chose, funny if he said ”original F1” about any of the C99 generations…

Stocktont

Veteran

One would think this would have made a Cinderella 99 that was at least as good as the original one. It didn't. But, that hasn't stopped Mr. Soul from pretending it did.

Yea it would be a ”best case scenario” if it was the right clone and the P94 generation. The last generation they released before closing shop in 2002 was just as you describe above, the P.97 generation (Princess x P94/C99). I tried to make that point before too with it not making any sense to claim the P97 generation was ”the cubed” generation as it clearly is one step further…

Crazy Chester

The supposed pics of preggy Princess and bags of seeds with handwriting on them, allegedly from back in the day, were posted around the same time he posted the pics of the male.

My recollection of the preggy Princess was that it did not look like Princess - it had tapered bud tips instead of the blunt ones exhibited by Princess.

Crazy Chester

Duke Diamond probably won't want to rat out Mr. Soul - but, I'd imagine he knows everything about what happened to create the new release of C99.

Stocktont

Veteran
The supposed pics of preggy Princess and bags of seeds with handwriting on them, allegedly from back in the day, were posted around the same time he posted the pics of the male.

My recollection of the preggy Princess was that it did not look like Princess - it had tapered bud tips instead of the blunt ones exhibited by Princess.

I get what you say about the flower shape, most of the females of C99 I have selected have had a much pointier tip than Princess more blunt or rounded flowers, if you disregard the leaf shape on this one it’s pretty close to the type of bud you mean right?

blunt?.jpg

Crazy Chester

I get what you say about the flower shape, most of the females of C99 I have selected have had a much pointier tip than Princess more blunt or rounded flowers, if you disregard the leaf shape on this one it’s pretty close to the type of bud you mean right?

Yup - that looks exactly like the bud structure of Princess shown in the photo LostTribe posted below.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Duke Diamond probably won't want to rat out Mr. Soul - but, I'd imagine he knows everything about what happened to create the new release of C99.

Thou i haven't grown any myself, i think the problem with the NEW C99 is that the male they selected looks too much nl5 leaning and they didn’t bother to test the seeds before they started selling them. And clearly the new version looks quite chunky and leafy and more nl5/shiva skunk leaning than to the original C99, which they would have seen if they would have done a larger test grow before releasing the line.

LostTribe

Premium user
This is a great post - it should clear up Hempy's understanding. The bottom line is Mr. Soul calls the "new 99" the same as the "old 99" - yet, nothing could be further from the truth.

The Cinderella 99 released by Brothers Grimm at the turn of the century was created this way, according to Mr. Soul:

1) Princess x (Shiva Skunk x brother of Princess) = P50; 2) Princess x P50 male = P75; 3) Princess x P75 male = P88; and, finally, the generation that created the original Cinderellla 99 seed offering, 4) Princess x P88 = P94.

I'll only add that in the beginning, 2000-2001 Brothers Grimm had released P.97 but later stated that they would be going back to the P.94 cross for seed sales as the P.97 was "not as stable" or something to the effect that the P.97 was inferior. I had both of those originally. The P.97 my mentor had purchased and we only got males from the pack. I had the P.94 pretty early on when they had just appeared at HS.

I then found Seeds Direct where Gypsy Nirvana was offering Gypsy Nirvana C99 "f2" GN'03, created through a collaboration from Mau at Nirvana and Ferry. I really miss those the most I think and their memory is what has driven my passion for all of this.

Crazy Chester

I'll only add that in the beginning, 2000-2001 Brothers Grimm had released P.97 but later stated that they would be going back to the P.94 cross for seed sales as the P.97 was "not as stable" or something to the effect that the P.97 was inferior.

Oh man, I forgot about that - so that tends to prove that Mr. Soul already knew P97 wouldn't be as good as P94. It also tends to prove why he didn't test them - any of the testers who had personal experience with P94 would have come back with reviews concluding that P97 was not as good.