What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Apologies for the way that came across. I read your post as being nothing more than informative to those looking in to bros Grimm.

It was more of general statement rather than being directed at you. I should have made it without quoting you. Again, my apologies.

Hi Mr D all good i never took what you said the wrong way

LostTribe

Premium user
When Soul bailed out 2002 he didn't retain any of the original parents now he's back trying to cash in on the "legend".

If you want the closest thing to the original C99 this is the only source I know of.
https://fdmseeds.com/heirloom-strains/9-cinderella-99.html

The breeder (Baudelaire) was one of the few people Soul gave Princess to.

Actually Baudelaire told me directly he received clones of cinderella straight from Mr Soul in a size ~15 shoe box, but never Princess. I probably still have the email.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi JetLife i saw the video my self a month back and if i remember correctly he has the mom plant still but a different dad from the same seed he got the first dad from. Lots made f2s and sold F2 even back after the Brother G stopped producing them.I found the video interesting thought others mite to.

Just because someone says they brought back something from the dead, Princess, does not make it so. Princess is not in Mr Souls procession or the Fake99 would be much more Cinderella'esque. Also, not one single picture he has posted on IG looks anything like the Princess or Genius for that matter. I have one from CW somewhere and will see if I can post it for everyone to see again.

Found it thanks CC for keeping it!

Princess
picture.php

@Hempy I suggest you look at my Post #1 when I started this thread years ago. There is a great deal of information in the first half of this thread regarding how fake Fake99 is.

PAGE 1 POST #1
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334331

Best
LT

Update: A few Peak Seeds BC C99 from MJ just sprouted.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Just because someone says they brought back something from the dead, Princess, does not make it so. Princess is not in Mr Souls procession or the Fake99 would be much more Cinderella'esque.

@Hempy I suggest you look at my Post #1 when I started this thread years ago. There is a great deal of information in the first half of this thread regarding how fake Fake99 is.

PAGE 1 POST #1
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334331

Best
LT

Hi LostTribe i did read some of it but like i said mate my intention was not to ruffle peoples feathers i posted it thinking some may find it helpful.

I was on the boards years ago i read a lot of what Vic High and others said about C99 i use to chat to Fet also.

M

Mr D

Actually Baudelaire told me directly he received clones of cinderella straight from Mr Soul in a size ~15 shoe box, but never Princess. I probably still have the email.

Thanks bro I was under the impression he had princess.

Noticed you started some Peak Seeds C99...

I'm ready to harvest some Peak Seeds Blueberry, no two phenos were alike. However I have one very frosty female with this great blueberry muffin smell, but she's still going.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LostTribe i did read some of it but like i said mate my intention was not to ruffle peoples feathers i posted it thinking some may find it helpful.

I was on the boards years ago i read a lot of what Vic High and others said about C99 i use to chat to Fet also.

No big deal and no hard feelings. I thought it was kind of funny watching the video. I swear that was Garth in the Scarf!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks bro I was under the impression he had princess.

I will see what else he told me if anything but don't remember much else. I did find that pic of Princess and added it above. Wish I had saved the pics that were on OG or CW before they went back down or the OG upgrade....glad I remembered seeing CrazyChester had that pic though.

And I will try and be a little less sarcastic and more inviting. I don't get as many trolls as some friends here. I have gotten a few not to imply that I think any of you guys are trolls and welcome back Hempy and feel free to post away.

Crazy Chester

My Memory of "The Grail" - Traits of the True C99

My Memory of "The Grail" - Traits of the True C99

For those who don't know why the old dogs who have experience with the original Brothers Grimm C99 reject what Soul has sold as C99 since he came back out a few years ago, I am listing below the C99 traits that existed back in the day, so those who never grew or smoked the original can compare it to most of what is available as C99 nowadays.

My information is based on an original F1 "grapefruit" pheno clone I acquired in 2002 or 2003, which I ran many flowerings of until around 2010.

I had also sampled a pineapple pheno around the same time from the same grower, but I did not have that clone or ever have a chance to observe it growing.

Besides having different terpenes - with one having a grapefruit smell/taste and the other pineapple smell/taste, I would say that the high was the same except the pineapple pheno I sampled was just barely more potent than my grapefruit pheno clone.

The main thing is the pineapple pheno was not so different from the grapefruit pheno that I "had to have it." If the grow traits of the pineapple pheno were similar to my grapefruit pheno, I'm sure I would consider both phenos to be "The Grail".

That said, here are my observations about the clone I grew for years:

1. It grew rapidly and easily;

2. It cloned very easily;

3. In late flower, it looked almost indistinguishable from the Princess pic LostTribe posted a few posts ago, having amazing trichome coverage and the buds terminating with a flatish shaped head;

4. It never "hermied";

5. It had loud terps - no "faint" smell at all - it STUNK of grapefruits with just a bit of rotten meat on the nose;

6. It finished in 45 days of flower;

7. It had a rocket blast sativa style head high, that was so speedy it was a little scary at times;

8. It never had any indica effects;

9. It tasted strongly of sweet grapefruit, mirroring its aroma;

10. The taste didn't change even if you put down a half smoked joint to smoke later;

11. The effects of it lasted a long time - at least 3 hours;

12. The effects had a very high "ceiling", depending on how much you smoked;

13. It could be smoked all day long without any lethargic "crash"; and,

14. Over the course of years, I developed NO tolerance to it.

Nowadays, a plant that has just a few of those traits is often considered a "keeper" and one with all of those traits is mostly just a dream for one who has never experienced it, and, for those that have experienced it, it is a wistful memory, and also motivates us to turn over every stone to see if we can find it again.

Crazy Chester

Hey, Mr D, Is The New Apollo 11 Like the New C99?

Hey, Mr D, Is The New Apollo 11 Like the New C99?

Going to order some FDM C99 and find me a nice male in an attempt to recreate something as close to original Apollo 11. I was able to get my hands on Genius a while back so I already have one of the two parents.

Joey got good reviews from the time he started making F-2's. Baudelaire however was in a very small group Soul trusted to keep clones of Princess or maybe Sly gave it to him....not 100% sure.

Hi Mr D. Sounds like you've got a lot of experience with the old school Apollo 11 and Genius. :)

Have you tried the new Brothers Grimm Apollo 11? It's tough to find reviews of it. I'm wondering if what Soul is putting out now is like the original Apollo 11 and figured you might have done both and can tell us how they compare.

It they don't compare well, maybe someone can persuade Boddhi to take his Apollo 11 genetics out of retirement...

browntrout

Veteran
I grew some BB99 that was a reproduction of Joey weeds, there were certainly strong pineapple phenos but nothing that finished for me outdoors. The Pineapple pheno was a big plant with small purple buds.

norcalKTM

G13 Labs C99

G13 Labs C99

Haven’t grown this strain before and haven’t done much research on its heritage. Just wanted to post my knowledge of the G13 Labs C99. Out of the 4 strains I’m currently growing this one is the most vigorous, also the most leafy. I’ll take a shit ton of trimming any Day for this kinda vigorous growth. Will follow up with more reports today’s pic is from day 24 12/12

picture.php

M

Mr D

Hi Mr D. Sounds like you've got a lot of experience with the old school Apollo 11 and Genius. :)

Have you tried the new Brothers Grimm Apollo 11? It's tough to find reviews of it. I'm wondering if what Soul is putting out now is like the original Apollo 11 and figured you might have done both and can tell us how they compare.

It they don't compare well, maybe someone can persuade Boddhi to take his Apollo 11 genetics out of retirement...

The new Apollo 11 is different is what I've been told by an old friend who would know.

Funny you mention Bohdi because I have one of his unreleased strains Bruce Banner #3 X Apollo 11 F4. BB#3 didn't seem to affect the terps so it smells and tastes pretty much the same as the old Apollo 11 with a little more punch from the BB#3.

Didn't we cross paths at CW between 1999 - 2002? My old handle was raydavies.

LostTribe

Premium user
The new Apollo 11 is different is what I've been told by an old friend who would know.

Funny you mention Bohdi because I have one of his unreleased strains Bruce Banner #3 X Apollo 11 F4. BB#3 didn't seem to affect the terps so it smells and tastes pretty much the same as the old Apollo 11 with a little more punch from the BB#3.

Did you ever bloom that Genius out? I really want to see pics!

That sucks glad I only grabbed 2 singles of the Apollo xx. Figures.

I have sort of similar veg growth compared to a genius veg photo here in the forum with my fdm#1. Strange ever since I took cuts. Was not really doing it in early veg before I flowered the seed mom out. Still small though may work itself out.

Crazy Chester

I remember you, raydavies - you contributed a lot over at CW. Shame to hear Brothers Grimm new Apollo 11 is not up to par. Bruce Banner #3 X Apollo 11 F4 sounds like a real get up and go!

M

Mr D

Did you ever bloom that Genius out? I really want to see pics!

That sucks glad I only grabbed 2 singles of the Apollo xx. Figures.

I have sort of similar veg growth compared to a genius veg photo here in the forum with my fdm#1. Strange ever since I took cuts. Was not really doing it in early veg before I flowered the seed mom out. Still small though may work itself out.

It's probably a little over a year since I reacquired genius. Since then I've flowered her out 1/2 dozen times. She's one of my keepers. I Have a couple in flower now. They have only been in flower a couple weeks. Around Christmas when they get farther along I'll snap some pics for you.

She's pretty well known for vine like growth and floppy stems. Lots of support needed in flower.

In attempt to beef her up I crossed her to Ace's Panama because the terps and buzz are similar. It fixed the floppy stems but changed the buzz and terps. I''l find a nice Genius X Panama male and cross him back to Genius. Hopefully the resulting progeny retain the stronger stems. I'd love to fix the stems and "cube" her.... Einstein 99

B

Benny106

It's probably a little over a year since I reacquired genius. Since then I've flowered her out 1/2 dozen times. She's one of my keepers. I Have a couple in flower now. They have only been in flower a couple weeks. Around Christmas when they get farther along I'll snap some pics for you.

She's pretty well known for vine like growth and floppy stems. Lots of support needed in flower.

In attempt to beef her up I crossed her to Ace's Panama because the terps and buzz are similar. It fixed the floppy stems but changed the buzz and terps. I''l find a nice Genius X Panama male and cross him back to Genius. Hopefully the resulting progeny retain the stronger stems. I'd love to fix the stems and "cube" her.... Einstein 99

Sounds legit!

LostTribe

Premium user

I completely forgot you had her. My mind doesn't function as well as it used to. Yes, please get us some pics of that elusive lady!

I liked the 1 Ace Panama I ran, in fact I will have to smoke some of that tonight. I like the high and it was super resinous but mine didn't give overwhelming terps. I was testing a new aero set up and used Maxibloom nutes for a one off try. Back in hydroton and PBP.

Best,
LT

Happy Times

In attempt to beef her up I crossed her to Ace's Panama because the terps and buzz are similar.

I''l find a nice Genius X Panama male and cross him back to Genius. Hopefully the resulting progeny retain the stronger stems. I'd love to fix the stems and "cube" her.... Einstein 99

I like the sound of that Einstein 99!

jjonahjameson

I remember you, raydavies - you contributed a lot over at CW. Shame to hear Brothers Grimm new Apollo 11 is not up to par. Bruce Banner #3 X Apollo 11 F4 sounds like a real get up and go!

If you don’t mind the intrusion, I’ve grown out a few and just starting more of the next-gen Apollo 11 from MrSoul. While it’s not the same as the original, because C99 father isn’t the same, there is definitely some of the magic still there. And closest you’ll find I’m guessing.
There is a clear genius-dominant phenotype in the smoke and taste. After having not smoked the Apollo for a good period of time I definitely recalled the taste and the high in the new offerings. And then the C99 leaning was faintly familiar.
I made a ton of hash from the last five females I ran, and have a meatier, pineApple C99 expression and the clear and lucid, sharp lemon citrus of the genius in jars of flower.

I have a few packs of that I’ll be working through soon as well as one of the new release c99 to get a better gauge on them.
Not the original obviously, but clearly a similar release, imo.

Ps. Genius x panama was a solid matchup. Smoking that right now. Good matchup. I would recommend it highly. Would definitely be interested in the genius backcrossing. You were right that Panama is a comparably up and heady strain that matches well to the genius expressions.

I’d like to match Panama to a good apollo11 and do a bunch of testing on that. Yum.

Latest posts

Latest posts