What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

C

chiefingchong

This path is NOT about finding a simple Cinderella 99.

Joey Weed can provide you a grapefruit phenotype in 8 weeks. I have had my fill of that, but I have had my fill with nearly every release and just recently found some things that are putting out promise but also things that are not representative of previous c99. Different as in different growth, smell, taste and most importantly type of high. The High is where we ultimately shall focus while taking into account all other aspects of Original P.97 Cinderella 99.

My JOURNEY is about finding my LOST GRAIL.

I have recently run through 4 packs of FDM but more like 3 and have found 2 very interesting females. One of which has provided me with something I hope still will provide a reflection of Lost Grail. Another is of a different moment in time when I had located a completely different Chalice.

Chalice is progressing and I will report back with update in the coming weeks. Still some time, but soon come.

Holy Grail is still far off in the distant future. But hope is not lost. I have acquired some PSBC C99 from a recent release to look through and I plan to keep searching.

The problem is that reports on most of these smaller releases are not conclusive and my findings are also inconclusive. A grapefruit line with a mediocre high is still available in many forms, not speedy bright juicy Sativa that I was once completely blown away by.

A pure breeding C99 "Holy Grail" seed line is not available.

LostTribe

Joey Weed description states - "You will get 99.9% of what you get from the original."

is this tested to be untrue?

LostTribe

Premium user
Joey Weed description states - "You will get 99.9% of what you get from the original."

is this tested to be untrue?

I believe Mr. Soul used to make that comment that she was true breeding and that JW probably included that in his own description as well.

BUT, if that were true we would all have plenty of super DANK c99 everywhere we looked would we not?

It comes down to the dominant and recessive alleles within each singular female and male plant which are bred to one another in 1:1 matings.

Conclusion:(just with regard to your question)
With regard to the most sought after characteristics of the Original Cinderella P.97 C99 plants, Grapefruit appears to be much more dominant within the line, than the more sweet and Tropical expressions. It may have been a case of too small a population left behind to breed with or it may be a case of seed makers chucking without testing. Facts are that most HS seed stock was depleted within months of the disappearance of Brothers Grimm Seeds. Additionally, most growers choose to cull all male plants, even then I find C99 to produce a higher ratio of females. Odds are that not enough males were kept to find a proper mating. Then comes standard breeding principles regarding dominant and recessive combinations.

I believe all 3 of these issues have played a role in the current state which we find the line in today.

Nevil believed strongly in 1:1 matings which takes ample time and loads of testing of progeny, while maintaining all males and females in clone form. BG originally took another route with the use of cubing the line. It took them 2.5 years to complete. Some things I have read from Gregor Mendel since that time lead me to believe that this cubing process may have been the cause of a degradation within the line to where we are now. This time BG tried to one off a line with 1 male and no testing and was destined for failure, either due to loss of Princess or due to no testing of the 1:1 mating. Most "breeders" of today are not breeding. But that's dependent on the individual and I am not calling anyone out its just my opinion. I have been guilty of that too in fact.

:ying:
LT

Facelesdoll

Very well put together comment. Hard to know what really went on to the loss of the bloodline but I have been following LostTribe and a few others for a few years now, waiting for good conclusive evidence that there is a miracle holy grail pheno worth hunting for. And so far all signs have pointed to no. But my fingers are crossed for you LT! All these rumors of all these traits she had. I still have hope somewhere. Keep this train going. Something has got to give

I’m believe that you can still find Keepers in the newer C99 releases.

Star Crash found a couple nice plants in the new version that the Bros. Grimm released a bit ago. I think one of them he kept for a bit and may still have?

So it’s still possible to find Keepers it just might take a little more searching.

Facelesdoll

Star crash i believe was looking for the same holy grail and didnt find it. I dont think its about finding good or bad its about finding the one and only's

LostTribe

Premium user
I’m believe that you can still find Keepers in the newer C99 releases.

Star Crash found a couple nice plants in the new version that the Bros. Grimm released a bit ago. I think one of them he kept for a bit and may still have?

So it’s still possible to find Keepers it just might take a little more searching.

NEGATIVE.

He and I both feel we were duped and the release was not Cinderella but most likely a hybrid involving an outcross to some unrelated strain or strains. Everything about it is wrong and at $150/pack?!? Thats just WRONG. And that's putting it nicely.

StarCrash and I have been in constant contact since before that New99 crap was released. PM him if you think otherwise. I am certain he will be happy to tell you how the New99 is not Cinderella in anyway shape or form.

My previous "conclusion" went far too easy with respect to the New99 from brothers Grimm.

I was making that statement based more on looking at ALL cinderella releases which I have experienced in the past 2 decades.

I would look at JW, Peak or FDM and start several packs of each.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi all not trying to hijack the thread but saw this a while back and felt this could help answer many of the questions some of you may have in regards to the old and new C99 from the Breeder.
Mr Soul - Brothers Grimm - Cinderella 99 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XY-tUSt8nY

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Is that Garth from Waynes World interviewing RC? I met Rick Campanella and feel very slighted by his $150/pack Fake99 as it shall now be referred to from here on out.

Fake99 is not more than 50% Cinderella 99. Period.

Mostly youngsters that never grew Original P.97 Cinderella 99 would say that new shit is worthy while its definitely a FAKE! Get over it and its WAY OVER PRICED!

LT

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Is that Garth from Waynes World interviewing RC? I met Rick Campanella and feel very slighted by his $150/pack Fake99 as it shall now be referred to from here on out since a few of these Noobs want to paste crap like this all over creation.

Fake99 is not more than 50% Cinderella 99. Period but nice try.

Can you give me back the 5 minutes of my life that was wasted on that link?

Only NOOBs that never grew Original P.97 Cinderella 99 would say that new shit is worthy while its definitely a FAKE! Get over it and its WAY OVER PRICED!!!! Enough.

No more talk of Fake99 in this thread because this thread is about finding the REAL HOLY GRAIL C99.

Maybe you should read the thread before posting crap like that.
LT

He dose remind me of Garth from Waynes World lol.

Rick Campanella, Mr. Soul, Founder & Breeder at Brothers Grimm Seeds is the breeder of C99 mate every one else got his seed and reproduced them.

I am sure some will find what he has to say interesting sorry you felt it a wasted moment in your life.

JetLife175

Veteran

Rick Campanella, Mr. Soul, Founder & Breeder at Brothers Grimm Seeds is the breeder of C99 mate every one else got his seed and reproduced them.

I am sure some will find what he has to say interesting sorry you felt it a wasted moment in your life.

What he has out now as c99 is nothing like the original release. That’s the point. It’s not what everyone knows as Cindy. Simply something vaguely similar to it but not even that much. It’s obviously different parents than the original release.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
What he has out now as c99 is nothing like the original release. That’s the point. It’s not what everyone knows as Cindy. Simply something vaguely similar to it but not even that much. It’s obviously different parents than the original release.

Hi JetLife i saw the video my self a month back and if i remember correctly he has the mom plant still but a different dad from the same seed he got the first dad from. Lots made f2s and sold F2 even back after the Brother G stopped producing them.I found the video interesting thought others mite to.

Facelesdoll

I don't think the link was to waste anyone time but rather to shed a little light on the topic and why it is no longer the same. Originally they were marketed as "bros grimm lost their stash and recovered their plants from old friends to recreate the sane old stuff the people have loved" only to later find out with a little more digging that it is not the case. 2 separate males without testing cannot and will not by the vote of the people be allowed to win us over when there is clear evidence that there is little similarity. Some males are not able to produce an equal pool of genotypes never the less the phenotypes to follow. That is booty! No gravy just booty.

M

Mr D

You Give Rick way to much credit. Without Sly there would never have been bros. Grimm or the original C99.

If Soul was a breeder he would have released something on par with original C99 by now.

Facelesdoll

What I'm wondering is how if he used a direct brother to the male, he got more stable results without inbreeding which he failed to mention. He wants to market more stable lines and he says he achieved it without really delving into how that happened if he used what he assumed was a twin of the original male. Makes you wonder what more we don't know other than it not being the same male. Is it even a brother at all?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shame Soul did not get his due reward for C99, or it seems so. Sadder still he is seemingly selling an inferior version of that classic. Lots of luck in the genetics game it seems. He is bright and all, but some chance stuff happened for him and then magic.

I gave 1 or 2 phenos of FDM C99 and 1 pheno of Joey Weed C99 to a friend. He smoked all of it and said that C99 is one of his favorite strains. He had no preference between the different phenos.

We have a lot to choose from here in California so that says something. I have a C99 x Original Haze going now, it looks very C99 in veg. I think C99 dominates most everything. I had a Haze x C99 x Colombian Gold x Acapulco Gold and it looked like a C99 and finished in about 8 weeks.

It seems the Joey Weed version favors a grapefruit smell, mine did. Great high though. The FDM gave off a tropical fruit smell. Guava, Mango maybe? I could care less on the taste but if the different terpenes affect the high, then I do. For now I give the nod to FDM for being my favorite, have a killer pheno I am keeping. I did not give any of that pheno to the friend as I had so little, not sure if he would notice the difference. All the phenos were good.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You Give Rick way to much credit. Without Sly there would never have been bros. Grimm or the original C99.

If Soul was a breeder he would have released something on par with original C99 by now.

Hi Mr D all i did was post a video from one of the original people involved in Brothers G thinking others mite also find it interesting i never gave credit to any one mate.

M

Mr D

Hi Mr D all i did was post a video from one of the original people involved in Brothers G thinking others mite also find it interesting i never gave credit to any one mate.

Apologies for the way that came across. I read your post as being nothing more than informative to those looking in to bros Grimm.

It was more of general statement rather than being directed at you. I should have made it without quoting you. Again, my apologies.

M

Mr D

Shame Soul did not get his due reward for C99, or it seems so. Sadder still he is seemingly selling an inferior version of that classic. Lots of luck in the genetics game it seems. He is bright and all, but some chance stuff happened for him and then magic.

I gave 1 or 2 phenos of FDM C99 and 1 pheno of Joey Weed C99 to a friend. He smoked all of it and said that C99 is one of his favorite strains. He had no preference between the different phenos.

We have a lot to choose from here in California so that says something. I have a C99 x Original Haze going now, it looks very C99 in veg. I think C99 dominates most everything. I had a Haze x C99 x Colombian Gold x Acapulco Gold and it looked like a C99 and finished in about 8 weeks.

It seems the Joey Weed version favors a grapefruit smell, mine did. Great high though. The FDM gave off a tropical fruit smell. Guava, Mango maybe? I could care less on the taste but if the different terpenes affect the high, then I do. For now I give the nod to FDM for being my favorite, have a killer pheno I am keeping. I did not give any of that pheno to the friend as I had so little, not sure if he would notice the difference. All the phenos were good.

Going to order some FDM C99 and find me a nice male in an attempt to recreate something as close to original Apollo 11. I was able to get my hands on Genius a while back so I already have one of the two parents.

Joey got good reviews from the time he started making F-2's. Baudelaire however was in a very small group Soul trusted to keep clones of Princess or maybe Sly gave it to him....not 100% sure.