What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chem D clone and 9000 watts

AppleFarmer

I've been super busy building out a new spot so I wasn't able to take photos for the first two weeks.
But I think this is gonna be a good run, so show and tell.

I am right at about 2.5 weeks running the complete canna line plus great white.18 to 32 pots per 4x8 for the chem d and 10 tall, bent over and screened Head Band on my 4x8 test table. I use 1 gallon pots of coco/coco croutons mix. All pots hooked up to drippers, feed at this point 2 times a day till run off. They will be bumped up to 3 or 4 times by the end of the run.

as of yesterday I introduced day 1 of 7 of PK 13/14 and cannaboost. The boost is a first for me. I'm curious if it's really worth the price. I riding right around 1.4 ec.

Overhead shot of tables B C and D. Table D along the far wall is the head band. B ad C are Chem D.

Looking to the left at tables b and a, respectively.

Table a Chem D

Chem D close up

AppleFarmer

start of week 4

start of week 4

For kicks, I've been following cannas online feed schedule at the "normal" setting, I think its been a bit much for the ladies. Over the last 3 days they've gotten a shade of dark green that I'm not okay with and leaves are showing burnt tips. I switched out the reservoirs last night and discontinued the pk13/14. I'm starting to believe that I should have given them this additive at the start of week 4. Things aren't horrible by any stretch. I just like to have my shit lookin' the picture of health, always. call me a perfectionist.
Tables BCandD

Chem d close up

Head band close up

Chemd Table A

L

Lapplandish

Looking great man!:) ..but if I would be in your position, I would try to buy some adjustable reflectors.. well I think you can see why from the pics.. especially the first pic shows how the light doesn't distribute evenly for plants..:)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
cool thread, your setup is real nice. wow feeding full strength canna is brave lol. mind you with luck your strains will be able to take it. personally i find most strains do best when you don't push them too hard. your pics don't seem to show too much dark green though, so i guess your setup likes the full strength. you using co2?

great work :wave:

AppleFarmer

Thanks felllas.

LetTimmySmoke-
Its rather hard to get a picture of the whole room cause its so big!Ill see what I can do.

Lapplandish- I know exactly what you mean, but I have my lights on movers to take care of the spread.

gaius-
Thanks for swingin by.I know what you mean about canna. These nutes are super pure and seem to soak in to the plant quicker then anything else i've used. Its really strange but when I measure out the appropriate amount of food based on cannas schedule i find my EC reading to be lower then whats supposed to be coming out. For example, week 3 of the "normal" schedule has you adding the pk13/14 with the rest of the good stuff and the final ec is supposed to be 1.7. Well my truncheon reads 1.4...weird, huh? I mix up my nutes in a 31 gallon trash can...if I add 350ml of both A and B and only stick with the base I get an EC reading of 1.2. so basicly 12ml of both A anb B to 1 gallon of water is giving me a reading of 1.2. Does this seem to be right? I've tested my meter with 1500ppm calibration solution and my meter reads like it should. WTF?
I will be riding out the rest of the cycle at 10ml of A and B per gallon. You think this is to much?
alright, I gotta get my ass out to celebrate this new years thing.
Happy new years fellow mad scientists!

AppleFarmer

Hey LetTimmySmoke- Heres that full room shot you were asking for from 2 different angles
full_room_shot_1-1-11_B.jpg

full_room_shot_1-1-11.jpg

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
that is strange, when i use it at full strength i get ec2.0 even at the top nutrient use phase i'm not using full recommended dose. when i'm adding pk i reduce the A+B to approx half dose then add the pk 13/14. my water has an ec of 0.25.

in the end you have to listen to the plants and forget about the label.

AppleFarmer

all them lights .so much heat to deal with.
In
Not so much. You just have to be able to exchange the entire volume of air in the room every minute or two. Although in my new spot, with the same intake/outtake setup, I will be cooling the lights because they will be in a single row and it will be easy.
Af

AppleFarmer

gaius- by full strength, do you mean 15ml of both a and b? I've had my truncheon in use almost daily for the past couple of years. Im starting to think I need a new one.

AppleFarmer

some better pictures before lights on

some better pictures before lights on

full_room_shot_flash_only.jpg

chemDbcdflash.jpg

chemDtblAflash.jpg

Heres a sneak peek at the next show. A freshly built 20k, split Bloom room. One side is filled with chem 4, 4 weeks to finish...they look F'n glorious! I'll be posting pics of that soon.

these are pics of the inside of room 2 which will be filled with the c4 teens you see below sometime very soon. got a few more things to do to get this side of the rooms dialed in.

new_room_10k_out.jpg

new_room_10k.jpg

c4teens.jpg

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
gaius- by full strength, do you mean 15ml of both a and b? I've had my truncheon in use almost daily for the past couple of years. Im starting to think I need a new one.

truncheons are normally really reliable. your meter might be reding at another conversion rate then mine. but yes full strength means 4ml per lt of water or both a +b. canna coco a+b always have to be used at equal amounts. i end up not going higher then ec 1.8 which requires about 3 ml per lt.

anyway your plants are looking a ok, so you might as well keep doing what you have been doing nute wise. listening to the plants for fine tuning nutrient levels is more useful then listening to some chart.

great pics thanks for sharing, love seeing construction pics...

:wave:

Bob-Hope

Just a couple of points on the canna feed schedule.

the first 14 days of 12/12 are not included in the online feed chart, i believe this is what catches people out,and they then use pk13/14 to early.

I also use the normal feed schedule, i found that the light one caused to many cal/mag def, and found the heavy feed to just cause nitrogen lockout very early, which meant i had to flush and then ease them back into things.

In week 3 i mix per 50ltrs. water E.C 0.09 around 60ppm i think.

150ml A + B
25ml rhizotonic
125ml canazyme.
200ml boost.

Imo if the strain you give the canna boost to,is one you are familiar with, then i guarantee you will notice the difference,on the other hand if its the first time with these strains then you may never notice.

Ive used it 4 times now, but never on a strain i hadn't grown out at least 3 times first.(because it too bloody expensive)

jackiee

hi all first off great setup man,second i use 15ml a+b in 10l of water and i get an ec of 1.5 i also like to keep my ph at 5.8.i believe its the ec of the plain water at the beginning that makes the final ec of the nutrient solution different,thats why some have to add more fertilizer than others to get the same ec.stay lucky

AppleFarmer

truncheons are normally really reliable. your meter might be reding at another conversion rate then mine. but yes full strength means 4ml per lt of water or both a +b. canna coco a+b always have to be used at equal amounts. i end up not going higher then ec 1.8 which requires about 3 ml per lt.

anyway your plants are looking a ok, so you might as well keep doing what you have been doing nute wise. listening to the plants for fine tuning nutrient levels is more useful then listening to some chart.

great pics thanks for sharing, love seeing construction pics...

:wave:

That what I've always thought about the Truncheon. I usually feed on my own schedule but for what ever reason decided to give cannas schedule a try. Things seem to be fine now that the pk 13/14 is out of the mix. I will be riding this one out at 10 ml per gallon of A and B plus cannazym and boost. I do Have a bottle of bloombastic I was considering using but that would void my experiment with following just the canna schedule. With canna its just to easy.

AppleFarmer

Just a couple of points on the canna feed schedule.

the first 14 days of 12/12 are not included in the online feed chart, i believe this is what catches people out,and they then use pk13/14 to early.

I also use the normal feed schedule, i found that the light one caused to many cal/mag def, and found the heavy feed to just cause nitrogen lockout very early, which meant i had to flush and then ease them back into things.

In week 3 i mix per 50ltrs. water E.C 0.09 around 60ppm i think.

150ml A + B
25ml rhizotonic
125ml canazyme.
200ml boost.

Imo if the strain you give the canna boost to,is one you are familiar with, then i guarantee you will notice the difference,on the other hand if its the first time with these strains then you may never notice.

Ive used it 4 times now, but never on a strain i hadn't grown out at least 3 times first.(because it too bloody expensive)

Thanks for stopping by and for your input. These are the kind of posts that make threads dripping with good info for future generations.
I am feeding almost exactly what you have stated.
I do believe I am seeing a difference with the boost. I feel like the frost has come on in a major way...even the fan leaves have a sparkly dusting. Your right this shit is SUPER expensive. I use a 115 gallon reservoir to feed tables b, c and d and another 70 gallon for table A. The plants are easily drinking up the reservoir in less then a week...this is pretty much a 10 week strain so the total cost of just the boost for the entire grow is a whopping 1400 dollars! I probably wont be using the boost again unless it magically grows arms for my plants that can massage my sore body.
:thank you:

AppleFarmer

This is a sick grow AppleFarmer. Have you run the coco/coco crouton mix on a drip before?

Thanks for the kind words. Its seems just like yesterday I was rockin just a 1000 watt HPS and a dream. Now I cant have enough lights. This is alot of work for just a lone wolf but I love what I do, although I am starting to wear down a bit.
Yes I have been using this mix for the last 4 grows. I use 1 bag of croutons to one bag of coco. I used to use just pure coco and had decent results but the addition of the croutons has helped build a much bigger root mass and allows me to water even more. I believe pure coco alone holds about 30 percent oxygen. I am sure the croutons have bumped that up considerably. I still use pure coco for my moms.

AppleFarmer

hi all first off great setup man,second i use 15ml a+b in 10l of water and i get an ec of 1.5 i also like to keep my ph at 5.8.i believe its the ec of the plain water at the beginning that makes the final ec of the nutrient solution different,thats why some have to add more fertilizer than others to get the same ec.stay lucky

Thanks! That totally makes sense. My truncheon doesn't even register when I test my water, which leaves me to guess that the ppm is less the 50. This had me worried back in the day when I first switched over to coco and was running canna for the first time. I was always told that canna was designed for European tap water which has a lot of cal/mag in it already, resulting in less cal/mag in the base nutrients. Because My water is less then 50ppm I was told to supplement throughout the grow. I've never added extra cal/mag and have yet to see a cal/mag deficiency? Funny, cal/mag has become such a popular supplement over the past 4 years. I have buddies that use it that can't even tell me why. funny stuff. :laughing:
af