What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CFL Club!

H

hedpi

its from agro-lite , many shops sell them http://www.agrolite.com/
no it screws to the larger sockets (E40 instead of E27) but they cost like 5$ so no problem :)

oh but if your pc case isn't tall, i wouldn't recomend the 200, it's too large and takes up too much space as you can see by the picture. You need to maximize the space you have! Don't waste any space because it's not a lot to work with in a PC case.

Last edited:
T

TheOneWill

hedpi said:
its from agro-lite , many shops sell them http://www.agrolite.com/
no it screws to the larger sockets (E40 instead of E27) but they cost like 5$ so no problem :)

oh but if your pc case isn't tall, i wouldn't recomend the 200, it's too large and takes up too much space as you can see by the picture. You need to maximize the space you have! Don't waste any space because it's not a lot to work with in a PC case.
I was thinking of switching over to a 250 hps cool tube with CMH light bulb. But if the cfl's I got work out now. If so I might get 2 250watt cfl's and cool tube them. I'm hoping to get a qp but it looks like I'm only be able to get 2oz's the most. :)

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
looks good PP, how many watts/lumens was that grow?how many sq ft?QP is real good, keep it up!
Nice little box hedpi, looks real good. how much bud do you get out of that thing?

H

hedpi

i just used it to start up some seeds :) but it probably wouldn't even do 10g

bio-forte said:
CFL's have made what would have been dry times, high times for me. I was pleasantly surprised how much you can pull with these cheap little bastards when you use em' right. I just went with mainly walmart standard 23W (not cool white). I kept em' cranked down as close as I could to the plants throughout growth and some were literally in between the buds when it finished.

those are some beautiful plants for CFL's mate :0)

As for me, this is my CFL product:

I vegged with soft white, something that i'll be changing next grow. I JUST started a micro grow too. Daylight spectrum, like 150w worth? I'm gonna 12/12 from seed a few dank bag seeds I have, and hope for the best :)

H

hedpi

Hey herbatonist,

you can get your plant closer to the lights! much closer!
or maybe you do and just put the light far away for the picture? hehe :bashhead:

cfl...KING

Veteran
What would the world do without CFLs? well, thered be alot less bomb weed thats for sure. keep up the good work CFLers!

le crunch

I'll join the club cflKING!

CFL's are awesome! I have a 45W 6500K bulb which is incredibly bright - check my thread below to see what I pulled using it and a 23W 2700K bulb!

my cfl setup

my cfl setup

here my cfl setup:
about 170w
not shur about lumens

il post the yield when i harvest, il prob shop the cola and a little more next week and do a little super cropping on the rest

I believe the mixed spectrum is the way to go throughout the whole grow IMO and alot easier than switching out bulbs. I ran half bright white and half cool on the plants in my signature. I got 2.5 ounces dry off of 195 watts from 6 cfls. CFL can do some very nice numbers when setup right and the plants are grown properly with the right combo of techniques it takes to use the cfls light as best as possible. I use 42 watt 5000k Prolumes right now that work great I just use 2 for a clone/mother box that was the same box that I grew the plants in the signature in. I have since moved on to a higher wattage using a ceramic Metal Halide which, is muy bien for sure. ;) PEace and Pot

cfl...KING

Veteran
For the cheapest CFLs go to 1000bulbs.com , i had doubted them an sh*t but there the real deal. the only thing with them is a long wait time to recieve your lights, even longer if the bulbs are on backorder. they even have hps an mh bulbs, ballasts, sockets!

I

icon

i use lights of america outdoor security lights they are the older version
bought about 4 or 5 years ago at home depot.
they are each 65w 6800 lumens with a 6500 kelvin i use them for starting seeds, clones & veg but in about a month i will be doing a micro grow with them from start to finish.i also have a 42w warm cfl i dont remember the kelvin or lumen output.

I

icon

wanted to point out that the replacement bulbs for lights of america that just posted DO NOT have a built in ballast they will only work if you already have the lamp fixture.

greenhybrid

so this bulb works with conventional lamp sockets then icon?

these are the cheapest retail bulbs i've seen for that amt of wattage/lumen

I

icon

first i was thinking you could buy a mogul socket & run it then i remembered you cant cause they dont have a built in ballast & will only work with the lamp system they come with or make a ballast for it which probally cost too much.
when i bought the lamps they were $30 with bulb.
i dont know how much they are now.
it might still be worth it to buy 1 or 2 thougth.
look for model # 9265/9266 $34.80 each
http://www.esplighting.com/fluorex-outdoor-fixtures.html
or their main web page
http://lightsofamerica.com/sec.htm

LifeLess

Veteran
Great thread Cfl King. Nj everyone with the cfl grows. Ive been using cfls from the time i started growing about 6 years ago. Results in the begining were ok but not what they coulda been. Today things turn out much better. I use 4-42 watt cfls per set up. Box is 2-30 gallon rubbermaids 1 flipped on top of the other. Cfls are what i use from begining to end. Heres a link to my thread here from one of my last grows. Peace LL http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51381