What's new

Castle Guerrilla: 5000w G-13 & ATF in DWCs

I have become super paranoid about bud rot. Having some rough conditions for awhile makes me feel like my room is absolutely ripe to have a catastrophe. I've gone into hyper paranoid mode spraying everything down with GreenCure again and taking care of a couple of glitches. I don't know if I want to open the garage door anymore and invite spores in. We're too far along for this to turn into a heart breaker.

I'm having a lot of paranoia as well because I stupidly let some plants and buds grow into the bulbs early on. Since there's some burnt up spots in my garden, it's difficult to tell the difference between a burnt up spot or bud rot. I don't think I have bud rot though because the browning is on the outside of the leaves while the insides look healthy. All the leaves still have their strength and integrity. And I don't see any signs of a mold or a rot. I cut off the biggest burn spot though because I'm sick of looking at it and being paranoid. :p Totally cool though because now I get to sample a few of these buds.

Very pleased with the smell and resin production. Even without molasses, this G-13 is already extremely sticky. Everything is looking great now. This shit is going to be a gooey mess during trimming. A nice problem to have. :D

You can see the burnt up leaves and bud in the background.

picture.php

Day 39 since flip.

I think the bud growth is beginning to slow down on the G-13s. Most of the buds are turning from their immature white into really neat greens, reds and yellows. I'm not sure if it's a product of the GreenCure/Zero Tolerance sprays but a lot of the buds a popping fiery red hairs which I actually think look cool. I've read people say GreenCure burns the hair on buds, as long as it doesn't effect potency I actually like the color.

Trich production has really picked up. I'm genuinely impressed and I think these buds are going to turn out frosty. I should get that Jaz Rose Spray in the mail in a few days. When it comes in I'll begin a Jaz Spray and Molasses regime which should make the trich and resin production explode in the last two weeks.

Really contemplating if the size of the buckets matter. I'm not blown away with the size of the buds and I think I could get a bigger result with this space and resources with smaller reservoirs but more concentrated air and more light. A few of the plants, I'm questioning if I'll get much more than a few ounces from.

I'm not too enthusiastic with the size of my buds either. These plants are going to be nug city which is cool but I think I can do better.

We still have a few weeks to go but I think I'm going to research more about bud production. My original thought was the bigger the plants the bigger the buds. However I'm starting to wonder if I could get huge buds from medium sized plants?

I also am really kicking myself for not being more hardcore in pruning. I have a lot of popcorny branches that aren't going to amount to much. I was being conservative because I didn't want to hurt the plants but I'm going to get cut throat next go around.

I really like the idea of switching to 10 gallon coolers and scrogging for the next go around. I finally have my room dialed in, I think I could double this one on the next go around.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
whats up G. Red
Shits looking good round here man, Don't feel bad about the burnt buds I was just looking at some myself.I would have proabaly flipped them smaller and pruned more I always end up kicking myself for not pruning more. And about the bud size, you never really know till there in the jars ya' know :dunno:

looking back on the pics those buds are goona be huge :biggrin:

whats up G. Red
Shits looking good round here man, Don't feel bad about the burnt buds I was just looking at some myself.I would have proabaly flipped them smaller and pruned more I always end up kicking myself for not pruning more. And about the bud size, you never really know till there in the jars ya' know :dunno:

looking back on the pics those buds are goona be huge :biggrin:

:tiphat: Hey thanks tleaf. I hope I don't have a bitchy tone. Yeah definitely, I think I should have flipped 'em into 12/12 quicker. This grow has really pushed me into wanting to scrog from here on out so I have a definitive pruning regiment.

Yeah totally on the bud side. I'm sure I'll be happy with the yield. I think what's troubling me is the size of my crowns are just average for such big plants. But that's more a product of vertical lighting I think and how there's substantial bud production throughout the plant. We'll see.

I think these giant reservoirs could be awesome with more space and airflow but I think given the space I have, going 20 gallon trash cans next grow may be the perfect size. Big enough to be stable long-term and have huge root growth. Small enough that it'll be easy to install spigots and get a ton of air into the bucket. I also want to put a dolly under each bucket in the future so I can wheel 'em around the grow room.

This has been a great dialing in grow. My humidity is finally dialed, I have a much better idea of how to use this space and I'm going to work on getting more power in there. I had about 40% of the power I originally anticipated I would for this one.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I was just explaining the situation with the top buds to my ol' lady actually...once you flip them at the right size and the crowns are at the same level as the bulb they'll blow up. I;m thinking about grabbing me a taller tent because of this same fact....Oh and no I didn't think your tone was bitchy just chimin in :tiphat:

Yeah, the G-13 crowns really aren't that impressive and are about the same size as the rest of the buds. Maybe a little bigger. The ATF crowns are getting be something to be proud of though. It's going to be really interesting to see the difference in yield between the two plants considering the ATFs were about half the size of the G-13s when flipped and are getting more light than anything else.

Check this out.
picture.php

The Post Office is on it's game, OBAMA! The Jaz Rose Spray showed up a few days earlier than I thought it would. Now the question is when to use it? I've read online that some people say it inhibits bud growth. Some people say it doesn't. I think I'll wait until Day 50-55 before trying it. But super stoked to finally have it.

Here's some pics of the castle.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hey I'm sorry for not updating. I had a miserable time since my last update where I was in and out of the hospital with blood poisoning and a godforsaken flu that completely screwed me up.

I will update tomorrow with pics (just got a bad ass camera for Christmas! :D)

Spoiler Alert: Jaz Rose Spray is the most incredible stuff I've ever seen.

Smplfrmr

Sorry to hear

Sorry to hear

Hey I'm sorry for not updating. I had a miserable time since my last update where I was in and out of the hospital with blood poisoning and a godforsaken flu that completely screwed me up.

I will update tomorrow with pics (just got a bad ass camera for Christmas! :D)

Spoiler Alert: Jaz Rose Spray is the most incredible stuff I've ever seen.

I sympathize with your health issues as I my self have several ailments that try to keep me from my gardening. Keep fighting the good fight. Glad to hear your are doing well hope you feel better soon.

Thank you man! It was just a run of bad luck health wise but thankfully I'm tip top again. Also ironically despite having a medical card, I've never needed marijuana medicinally before. But after this horrible experience that rip up my insides, marijuana really did help me get over pain and be able to eat again. It was miraculous how well it worked. It was a really enlightening experience. It's nice to think my stuff could help other patients out there... or just be some bad ass shit. :D

I tell ya, that is the beauty of such huge systems. Really could stagger off near death for two weeks and everything functioned beautifully largely without me. Aside from a foliar spraying or two, I haven't had to do anything in this home stretch. I've begun the flush and the plants are responding by beginning to yellow and use up their energy reserves. I think I'll pull them on Jan 3rd which will be 63 days since flip.

Unfortunately I can't find my microscope but I don't think I need it. The G-13s are more than ready to be pulled as they're sporting absolutely glorious colors. All of the G-13s are massively sagging under the weight of the buds. I've been concerned about maybe needing to pull them early so something tragic doesn't happen at the last minute with how much the plants are straining under the weight but it should be fine. I really think the foliar sprayings are adding to the weight of the buds.

Jaz Rose Spray is the most incredible stuff I've ever used. If you're not using it as one of your finishers, you're wasting time. The trich production doubled, buds exploded in color and growth. This stuff is fucking other worldly. I'll take pics tomorrow but it is by far the best flowering element I've ever seen or ever heard of it. Something this simple shouldn't produce the results it did. You guys need to try this shit.

I'll report in with pics and more info tomorrow. Still recuperating. :D

Smplfrmr

Awesome

Awesome

I hear ya man I quit painkillers by smoking marijuana. I had reached the point were I was eating Roxies, had a fentonal patch 24/7 and using a steroid inhaler to keep my lungs functioning... Marijuana and some surgery on my back and no more opiates. Also it manages my lupus symptoms pretty decently and helps keep my lungs working despite pulmonary emboli . I do have a couple patients, one with crones and, an elder with wasting disease, and a kemo patient... It's the best medicine on the planet. IMHO. I have to agree the rdwc will fly solo when I am down for a couple days. Can't wait to see pics of your buds man.

Unfortunately I haven't really figured out my new camera yet. It's a super cool camera with a ton of features which means I'm going to have to spend some time learning how to use it haha. Here's some pics just from my cell phone. Look at the trich explosions even in these crappy pics!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I pulled a branch of G-13 off that had burned up while I was sick. Dried it two or three days and just put a torch to it in my pipe...

It's a pretty good heavy hitter! Surprised how nice just pulling a few hippy buds off have been. The taste kind of sucks but hopefully that'll improve as the plants continue to flush and when I overdose the plants on molasses coming up in a few days. The effect of this G-13 is a very heavy mental, head and body high but not overwhelming. Not sure if I'd consider it the best I've grown yet but the early returns are extremely promising.

The trich production the Jaz Rose Spray invoked is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

My timeline right now stands at.

Jan. 1st, overdose on Molasses
Jan. 4th, kill lights and final Jaz Rose Spray foliar spray
Jan. 5th, harvest, bud wash, begin drying
Jan. 12th, finish drying, begin cure
Jan. 19th, week 1 cure
Jan. 26th, week 2 cure
Feb. 15th, begin next grow

:D

Latest posts

Latest posts