What's new

Castle Guerrilla: 5000w G-13 & ATF in DWCs

Just sprayed down all the plants with a mixture of water, GreenCure, Ed Rosenthal's Zero Tolerence and h202. It was amazing watching this powdery white crap that's been terrorizing me for days just simply go away.

Hope I wake up to my plants still being alive and not burnt to a crisp tomorrow morning.

Walked out this morning to do morning maintenance and I'm thrilled to say that concoction absolutely murdered the PM. Not going to lie, I said a small prayer before walking into my grow room this morning.

Just a few tiny specks of it left that I touched up.

This follar spray is neat. The plants look extremely shiny and with a healthy greenish yellowish hue.

The buds are starting to come in rapidly. The G13s are popping neat looking fuzzy white and yellow balls that get a little bigger each day. I'm not really sure what the ATF is doing. I see buds coming in slowly but it looks like some odd alien weed. It looks like the ATF is going to need another week or two than the G13.

Anyway, everything good here.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Day 15?

Started throwing some powder KoolBloom into the mix as a bud booster. Went with Koolbloom because it was cheap and I'm comfortable with the GH nutrient line. This is so easy now, just got to wait for the weed. :D

Trimmed up the plants taking a lot of lower branches away. Never done that before but was convinced to do it after researching the subject. Really pleased with how much it cleaned up the garden and improved air flow.

The humidity is damn near impossible to control and hangs around 60% even with the dehumidifer on high 24/7. I don't have any more power for more dehumidifers so I'm working with it. I'm giving the plants a fresh air exchange a few times a day by opening the garage door for 5-10 minutes which seems to do a good job of regulating the humidity. As long as it doesn't get crazy in there again, I should be okay.

I really like this Greencure/Zero Tolereance/H202 concoction I've been using for PM. After the initial spray, I haven't seen it more than a few spots which I touch up during routine maintenance each day. I think I will add Greencure/Zero Tolerance to my stable. Also I can't say enough good things for H202, it's truly the Swiss Army Knife of gardening.

The buds are coming in rapidly now, I can't wait to see how much these babies can produce. :D

Everything is great here, just watching the grass grow.

I know my opinion doesn't matter to anyone, I haven't visited this site in over 4 years, and haven't grown in more then 5 years, but your room needs some help, I give you credit for trying though. I just hope you don't grow like this again! The garage is a fine place to grow, but you obviously haven't done anything to create a type or "grow room". You hung some lights and put a couple plant in there. Again, I am not trying to talk shit, I want everyone to grow to their best ability. Thats why I haven't grown in 5 years. I haven't had the space, money, or time to do it RIGHT! Growing and growing right are two totally different things. Like I said I give you credit for taking the first steps in starting to grow, but if you can't do it right, don't do it. Or do it on a scale that you can afford to do it right. You need to build a whole room within that garage, with ventilation and drywall and flooring and whatever else needs to be done based on the type of grow you want, whether it be soil or hydro. I would love to see you finish this grow, clear the room out, and set it up right. I just want to see this done right. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm talking shit, because I promise I'm not!

Day 25 since flip, Day 20 of flowering.

The plants are absolutely exploding now. The buds are expanding a little more each day. It's amazing how fast they are growing and beginning to look like super cool Christmas trees.

I think I'm going to back off on Koolbloom for awhile. Getting a little curl which I'm interpreting as too much nitrogen. I think I started Koolbloom maybe a week early and I think I'll hold off on it until I see the plants starting producing THC.

Still very few traces of PM, haven't seen it all.

This is very exciting to have this go so smoothly. :woohoo:

Oh totally man, I'm no expert. I'm just writing everything down because I smoke a lot of weed and forget it. And the stuff I'm writing and talking about is stuff I had difficulty finding information about.

This is largely a dialing in/test grow. I've never grown plants this size or used DWCs this big before. I'm taking what I've done in apartment closets and outdoor sheds and increasing it several times. How do you learn unless you do it? For instance I can read about humidity from 5 foot trees but unless I experience it, I won't understand it. Also, I like to keep my shit as simple as possible.

can you attach a hose to the dehuie to automatically drain?

I got one hooked up a few days ago. I also added two more fans to the room and improved the air flow greatly. Humidity now hovers around 55% which is much nicer. I still like opening the garage door a few times a day just to do it but all this has been addressed. :tiphat:

Interestingly, the G-13 really attracts PM. The reports you read about it being a mold magnet seems right on. Once I sprayed the plants and adjusted my environment, I haven't had any problems. But something to note for other growers.

The ATF is amazing. Definitely one of my favorite strains ever to grow. Such a vigorous bad bitch and a pleasure to grow. It took the few days of high humidity and just laughed. It's also such a bushy neat plant to watch flower. Really enjoy this strain. I hope the smoke is as good as I remember (definitely one of the best I've ever had and grown in the past) but I really think when I get more room, I'm going to keep this strain around full time. It's really one of my favorites.

This has been such a great grow to learn from. Like I said, I've never grown plants this big before. All the knowledge from this grow so far has been excellent. I already have a lot of ideas on how and what I want to change on the next round.

By the way, I don't do that stupid Brita bullshit anymore. My tap comes in at 130 ppms. I've put so much water through all the filters that they don't really do anything anymore. Just going with tap for now. I think I'll just stick with tap in the future until I get a r/o machine.

I think I'd like to do a side by side grow next with airstones vs. bare lines since I've always been curious if there's a difference.

I also think I will add a few more air pumps in future grows.

The buds are noticeably fattening up every day :woohoo:

The only radio station I can tune in down here just switched to 24 hour Christmas music. The same two dozen Christmas songs over and over... this is going to be some festive weed. :D

Last edited:

Smplfrmr

Ppm's

Ppm's

By the way, I don't do that stupid Brita bullshit anymore. My tap comes in at 130 ppms. I've put so much water through all the filters that they don't really do anything anymore. Just going with tap for now. I think I'll just stick with tap in the future until I get a r/o machine.

I think I'd like to do a side by side grow next with airstones vs. bare lines since I've always been curious if there's a difference.

I also think I will add a few more air pumps in future grows.

The buds are noticeably fattening up every day :woohoo:

The only radio station I can tune in down here just switched to 24 hour Christmas music. The same two dozen Christmas songs over and over... this is going to be some festive weed. :D

Looks like our grows are in similar stage of development. I agree fully with following the k. I. S. S. Method. I just started my first rdwc test system. Very happy so far. Great thread keep growing man.

Thanks man, checked out your diary. I'm digging it. :D

:woohoo: It's great watching the buds get bigger and start taking over branches. The crowns are really starting to look awesome on the top of each bush. I'm also stoked to learn G-13 is a quick plant reaching maturity at 45-50 days. These should be ready for harvest on Christmas day haha.

I can't wait to see what the yield is. I've always been shocked in the past with how much I could pull from DWCs in less than ideal conditions.

I think I have an addiction to growing bigger and bigger plants. I'm beginning to design a bigger system and working on getting more power. I think next grow, I'll definitely go less plants and more lights. I'm really inspired by some of Heath Robinson's monster DWC grows.

I started using this program Herb.IQ to keep track of everything. It's a fantastic freeware program for growers. If you're like me, you probably smoke a lot of weed. This program keeps track of all your plants, flowering times, reservoir feedings and follar sprays. I like it because it can be as simple and complex as you want. Here's a screenshot.

gallery_4165_2372_138282.jpg

Man this is by far the most fun grow I've ever done. The buds are rapidly coming in now. It seems they're noticeably bigger every time I walk out there.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's the Alaskan Thunderfuck. I love this strain so much. It was the first I ever grew successfully in DWC and it's just the most bad ass fun plant to grow. It's the craziest bushiest plant I've seen.

picture.php

picture.php

THC glands and crystals are slowly starting to come in now. :woohoo: I'll probably start up some KoolBloom again in a few days. I think I may have been dosing a little heavy for the ATFs. I really hope I get some frosty plants. I think I'll research more into what makes a plant frosty and work on cultivating that aspect. Last couple of feedings I've just been using 10/20 Lucas.

I'm amazed how easy and headache free this grow has been. I'm really skeptical of a 45-50 day plant that reports online purport G-13 to be. But that would be really thrilling to harvest around Christmas. :D

I think I next grow I want to go ATF and BubbleGum... hmm... Decisions, decisions.

Smplfrmr

You in the lead

You in the lead

Your a month ahead of me I guess. The program looks sweet. The buds are looking great, Xmas weed would be very cool. I use the same nutes as u do for the most part. I posted new pics today, I am at 46" and it's day 9 of flower for me lol with 96 inch Cielings lol I'm gonna have a space problem soon I think. Makes underestimated the growth potential. I have a similar desire to go bigger. Been looking at the 20 gallon brute industrial Garbage cans as grow pods but with the same configuration as I did last time... Believe it or not I am running out of room for the roots.

Last edited:
Your a month ahead of me I guess. The program looks sweet. The buds are looking great, Xmas weed would be very cool. I use the same nutes as u do for the most part. I posted new pics today, I am at 46" and it's day 9 of flower for me lol with 96 inch Cielings lol I'm gonna have a space problem soon I think. Makes underestimated the growth potential. I have a similar desire to go bigger. Been looking at the 20 gallon brute industrial Garbage cans as grow pods but with the same configuration as I did last time... Believe it or not I am running out of room for the roots.

Thank you sir :tiphat:

Yeah totally, I think we're very kindred spirits as growers. Right now I'm thinking there's a certain peak with root space divided by how much light there is. 30 gallon buckets I think may be overkill. I'm thinking about sliding down to 20 gallon industrial cans or maybe even dropping as far as going down to 10 gallon beverage coolers. We'll see where the yield is at. These 30 gallon buckets are kind of a bitch to get enough air into.

I'm learning a lot of good lessons with this grow.

You know I love growing big but I think going so big with 30 gallon trash cans has presented some positives and negatives.

Positives

- The reservoirs are ridiculously consistent, I don't have to bother with them more than twice a week.

- Huge root space, my plants are getting to be the size of Christmas trees

Negatives

- Reservoir changes are nearly impossible

- Oxygenating these things is a real bitch. I think my Pondmaster AP-100 is doing a really poor job of it. As the roots have taken over the bucket, they've taken over the air flow. I really don't like that.

I am having some root issues in a few buckets. In a couple of buckets, it is glorious as nearly a quarter of the 30 gallon res is filled with white roots. In a couple buckets, there's some root rot that I'm dealing with. These are the buckets that are having difficulty with air flow. I really think I'm going to go to several smaller air pumps instead of relying on one big powerful one. I also think I'm going to switch to 10 gallon coolers which will make this a lot easier. Then again if I pull in an insane yield, I may rethink all this. Right now though I question if bigger reservoirs are better giving my limitations in power and space.

With all that though, the buds are growing at exponential rates. The prime branches are being taken over by buds. Most of the buds are about golf ball sized and getting bigger. Some of the hairs are beginning to turn from white to healthy yellowish brownish. I'm thinking I have 21 days left for the G-13 and maybe 35 more for the ATF?