What's new

Castle Guerrilla: 5000w G-13 & ATF in DWCs

Thanks man! It's been good. This has been a super stressful time with all the work and hoping the yield is good. I've put in about ten hours trimming and jarring so far. Only done most of the ATF plants so far. ATF yield was pretty mediocre but that's because I didn't trim them or bother with them hardly at all. I would suspect I only got near a pound, maybe a little more.

The G-13 job is going to be massive. Have no idea yet what the yield will be but man, it's going to take me a few days to get through them. I need to concentrate on getting my rest in and eating my Wheaties to get all this shit done. I'm terrible at guessing weight but I'd guess around 5, add or subject a few?

This has actually been super stressful trying to process all of this. This grow is probably ten times the size of anything I've done before. Didn't process how much time and work was involved in the processing. Not complaining but in the future, I just might hire some trimmers.

One very interesting thing to note. I'm attempting a dry trim for the first time in my career. Using a dehumidifier and dropping the humidity down to 40%, dry trimming is the easiest thing ever. The low humidity sucks all the water out of the leaves making them crispy and extremely easier just to knock off with a pair of scissors. Having the plants dry so fast got me paranoid so I turned the dehumidifier off while I left for a day. The humidity went up to 65% in the room and all the leaves regained moisture and it became a bitch to trim. I turned the dehuey on full blast again. Hopefully tomorrow I can go in to crispy leaves that are super easy to trim again.

Smplfrmr

Yep

Yep

I love to trim. But then again I am a couple sandwiches short of a picnic. It can be a chore though. I always trim wet because it retains more tric's on the bud and I love scissor hash.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest, I dry trim to maintain smell and taste but will wet trim if I need them dry quicker. I do think the 10gal will be better I've seen monsters in fives so I know they will have enough room. I hope the pull is what you need and be safe :tiphat:

Thank you all for your kind words. This is truly the best cannabis community on the net. I've learned so much in my years on ICMag and it's so nice to have such supportive people out. :D

Funny story, I'm trimming away enjoying life. All of the sudden the power goes out. Now I'm out in the middle of nowhere living around a bunch of rich people. Drive up to the main street which is about a half mile away from my house and castle. There's tons of cops all over the place. I'm like... okay? Turns out a logging trunk driver got drunk and decided to take out a power pole. Since I'm living in the middle of nowhere, the entire police force decided to come out. Kind of cool to see a mangled logging truck but trippy to see a couple dozen cops hanging out at my gate. I took it as a sign from God that I should take a break and go get a burger. :D

Well about another ten or so hours in trimming today. All the ATF and ATF trim is in jars.

I really need to do more study into how to make bigger buds. I feel like I'm going through a lot of popcorny buds and it just feels really wasteful. Definitely going to SCROG in the next go around. But I need to spend a lot of time reading how to get bigger colas instead of hundreds of smaller buds. I feel like efficiency is the most important and one of the toughest things to nail as a gardener.

I don't think I'm going to dry trim again in the future. I'm being forced to leave a lot more leaf than I would like because it would damage the bud to knock 'em off. I don't know how well manicured these are going to turn out. I was told by friends in the industry that smell is essential but this would be a much easier cleaner faster process to wet trim in the future.

I already have my next design in my mind. I'm excited to tie this one up and get to the next one which I think will be much much better. This was a good grow to learn but I think I can do a lot better now from what I learned on this one.

Smplfrmr

Scissor hash happy thoughts

Scissor hash happy thoughts

Well about another ten or so hours in trimming today. All the ATF and ATF trim is in jars.

I really need to do more study into how to make bigger buds. I feel like I'm going through a lot of popcorny buds and it just feels really wasteful. Definitely going to SCROG in the next go around. But I need to spend a lot of time reading how to get bigger colas instead of hundreds of smaller buds. I feel like efficiency is the most important and one of the toughest things to nail as a gardener.

I don't think I'm going to dry trim again in the future. I'm being forced to leave a lot more leaf than I would like because it would damage the bud to knock 'em off. I don't know how well manicured these are going to turn out. I was told by friends in the industry that smell is essential but this would be a much easier cleaner faster process to wet trim in the future.

I already have my next design in my mind. I'm excited to tie this one up and get to the next one which I think will be much much better. This was a good grow to learn but I think I can do a lot better now from what I learned on this one.

Looking forward to seeing your improvements n learning with ya. I cut my first one today. I have 8 replacements ready to go but a couple weeks most likely left on the cheese and ak47. The ogk is a fail I'll cut it last. But also looking forward to some dry bud shots from you. Cola size for me has always depended on strain and timing/training. I have read up on here to learn more about it... Brother indica posts a thread on his propetual tents I would start by reading it, it's fantastic and it is great education on scog. Good luck with your trimming and planning.

Sweet Jesus. I had no idea there was so much work in harvesting. This has already taken a week longer than I thought it would. I've already filled about a dozen jars with trimmed buds and I have two five-gallon buckets and a big three-gallon pot filled with untrimmed buds and still have three or four more plants to chop up. Holy fuck man, definitely need to hire some of my brahs for trimming in the future. I have tons of friends all over the west coast but problem is I'm about two hours from civilization in any direction so it's been a bitch to hook that all up.

Goddamn man, I think I have massive ADD or something. I can only focus on trimming and chopping for two or three hours before I get so bored I want to literally do anything else. I should finally have the chopping done today and then I'll spend the next few days manicuring. Having so much goddamn weed is a wonderful problem to have.

I don't think dry trimming effects the smell at all. I hung the entire plants with a dehuey and everything got at least seven days to dry before being touched at. Yet when I open the jars on the stuff that's been curing for awhile, I still get that hay smell? The fuck? Definitely going to wet trim in the future, it makes so much more sense.

Smplfrmr

It's a good problem to have. The lots of trimming to do. I am making bho today . if I am not mistaken the hay smell is chlorophyll evaporating and the acidic decay of the plant breaking down as it dehydrates.

DrFever

Veteran

Vert will always give you popcorn that is a given glad you changing it up to horizontal and scrog there is no other way to shake it spend hrs on larf little crap B grade buds when dried there even more smaller and eventually become shake in them bags
while scrog your achieving huge bud sites and depending on training 100's per plant
it will become more enjoyable and much easier when trim time comes and your yields will double with less plant count its been few years now the vert has been in the picture yet when looking at most vert grows there not doubling horizontal which one would think considering how they stress that the light vert is being more efficient lol how can lots of buds size of a quarter compete with buds the size of a 5 gallon pail common sense really and the vert growers achieving decent yields fail to mention there growing trees with multiple lights surrounding that plant with lots of veg time

Attachments

• picture472z.jpg
    picture472z.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 5
  • picture454o.jpg
    picture454o.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 6
  • dscf3381b.jpg
    dscf3381b.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 8
  • picture418a.jpg
    picture418a.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 471.jpg
    Picture 471.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 4
Dude that's a lot of great info Doc, thank you for your experiences. I think I want to try one vert grow with more inclusive lighting but you're definitely not wrong with anything you're saying.

I think I'm going to consider this grow completed. It was a very educational grow. I got a decent yield but not what I was looking for considering the extra work with big reservoirs. I think the next one will blow this one out of the water. With that said the ATF is absolutely dreamy and the G-13 is pretty great as well. This grow just makes me want to get better though. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts