What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Rosin(solventless hashoil)

oaax

tried now with a couple of grams. got out some black hash like stuff. gonna try a couple of more times and if i succed in making some oil ill be sure to post some pictures here :D

T

Truthman

I think what is happening is your are extracting the actual enzyme that makes thc from your hash.

This enzyme is thca synthase which I think is water soluble and is the reason why dry hash doesn't work as well.

What this enzyme does is make thca from monoterpenes, which are what gives plants their smells.

The reason why burning the rosin gives more of an instant effect is because you are doing two things. First you are speeding up the reaction the enzyme needs to make thca. Second, you are decarboxylating the thca into thc which is what gives the high.

I may be wrong BUT if I'm right this means you can mix certain essential oils with the enzyme, heat it up to 110-120f to speed up the reactions that take place to make thca for up to 30 minutes, and have different types of hash that gives different effects depending on what type of essential oils you mixed with them.

For example citrus oils give an energetic high, while other oils give a relaxing effect.

This will make the need to grow certain strains of cannabis less needed due to the fact you can control the high by mixing different oils and thca syhthase. Peace.

Last edited:
T

Truthman

I did more thinking on this and found out this enzyme is a flavin and this is why it has a yellow pigment to it.

I think I found the secret to avoiding drug sniffing dogs while having the HIGHEST quality resin possible.

I will give my secret when I feel the right people are ready to hear this.

It requires a few simple things but the secret is how long you do it and and a few other things.

THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS SEED INTO MY HEAD!. PEACE.

Last edited:
T

Truthman

Hashmasta-Kut said:
drug dogs dont smell thc tho....

Which is why transferring the thca synthase enzyme into other essential oils will deter dogs fro your stash.

Remember what the dogs smell are the volatile oils associated with cannabis not other herbs. Peace.

T

Truthman

I think this has more importance than deterring drug dogs because, and this just a theory, when the enzyme makes thca from monoterpenes this mean that the thc itself will be PART of these therapeutic oils which means that you will get more of a benefit from them as opposed to just taking the cannabis and other oils seperately or together by mixing them.

This also means you will get more of an effect because when you mix these oils less will be absorbed into the lungs because the lungs can only take so much. Even though mixing isn't bad, you will get more of an effect by concentrating each oil by taking them one by one.

This method may have MAJOR health benefits for healthy as well as sick people. Peace.

gordonliu

A few things:

As anyone who knows about biochemistry will tell you: Amplification of plant genes is actually not as easy as it may sound. it is in fact, on average, more difficult than amplification of bacterial or non-plant eukaryotic genes

Isolation, purification, and storage of enzymes is an extremely expensive process. in that paper you linked to, they purified nano-gram quantities of the enzyme, which is fine for research, but if you want to mix an enzyme with some terpenes, heat it and get out grams of THC, your gonna need more than nano-grams of the enzyme

related to the last point, you will not be able to produce HUMAN CONSUMPTION quantities of THC from small quantities of enzyme on a timescale that you are suggestinng.

remember, a cannabis plant has these enzymes working its entire life to produce the given amount of THC available at the end of its flowering cycle. elevated temperatures are not going to increase the enzymatic activity by 4 orders of magnitude, which would allow you to generate gram quantities in an hour or so, relative to 4 months for the lifespan of a plant. even if that was possible, the enzymes degrade faster at higher temperatures, requirig a constant source of enzyme.

its a good thought though.

T

Truthman

gordonliu said:
A few things:

As anyone who knows about biochemistry will tell you: Amplification of plant genes is actually not as easy as it may sound. it is in fact, on average, more difficult than amplification of bacterial or non-plant eukaryotic genes

Isolation, purification, and storage of enzymes is an extremely expensive process. in that paper you linked to, they purified nano-gram quantities of the enzyme, which is fine for research, but if you want to mix an enzyme with some terpenes, heat it and get out grams of THC, your gonna need more than nano-grams of the enzyme

related to the last point, you will not be able to produce HUMAN CONSUMPTION quantities of THC from small quantities of enzyme on a timescale that you are suggestinng.

remember, a cannabis plant has these enzymes working its entire life to produce the given amount of THC available at the end of its flowering cycle. elevated temperatures are not going to increase the enzymatic activity by 4 orders of magnitude, which would allow you to generate gram quantities in an hour or so, relative to 4 months for the lifespan of a plant. even if that was possible, the enzymes degrade faster at higher temperatures, requirig a constant source of enzyme.

its a good thought though.

Thanks for bringing in some points to the thread but I think what you are assuming is that the only thing is being extracted is the enzymes which obviously isn't because the rosin has taste and smell to it which is coming from the terpenes BUT some of the thca synthase is being extracted and this is what is what you can utilize to help make the thc when mixed with other monoterpenes.

As far as thinking it can't be done for human consumption is just assuming that it can't be done because it seems so simple but I think it can.

I know most people won't believe it because it's so far out there but I've been through this most of my life and if I wasn't right, my theories extended to something even greater than I expected. Most people would laugh at me and call me names but in the end when I would prove my point very little people would give me credit and acknowledge what I did most likely because I'm a backyard scientist and also what some may consider rough around the edges being that I don't sugar coat things but I just accredit it to lack of imagination and inspiration and just come up with more ideas. I wish more people would be open minded because a lot of these things I would like to give to people but they've shown they aren't ready to accept them so I just leave them to myself.

As far as thc and cannabis taking months to create it, this is wrong because it has been shown and proven by a few people that thc is made in the resin glands every month and a certain time. When I first learned this I thought maybe the guy who taught this might be out there BUT he told everyone on treating yourself and cannabisculture message boards to test it themselves following his instructions and sure enough the small amount of people who tried it ALL said they achieved an effect that was potent even though the plants weren't ready for harvest if you based it on the flower.

It's funny because most if not all of the people on cannabisculture laughed at him and called him names because they couldn't accept the fact that you can get a potent plant every month if you followed his instructions. It was sad to me because instead of picking his brain they didn't want to accept his teachings, told him it was no scientific way for it to happen, even though he proved it using people who had no connections with each others plants, disrespected him because he was a high school dropout with no scientific degree, so he just left never came back.

Anyway, I'm glad you gave your opinion on the subject but I'm really glad the thread started planted a seed in my head that I will cultivate. I just hope somebody will accept the teaching if I prove my theory right because it's sad that I can't give most of my knowledge out without a fight and name calling or people just not trying what I'm talking about. Peace.

Last edited:

gordonliu

I am not trying to insult you, say you're wrong, or anything else.

I will be straight about it though.

the use of an enzyme to convert a crude mixture of chemicals into bulk quantities of something desirable is not practically feasible.

for example: hashmasta-kut has, many times, noted that he is able to smoke large quantities of BHO. BHO is upwards of 90% pure (if not more) THC. I probably smoke a gram a week myself. if you were to try and use an enzyme to produce a gram of THC from some non-cannabis/non-THC essential oil, it would take too long, or require too much of the enzyme to make it practical in a situation where you bring the enzyme and the oil across, say, a border for a vacation or something.

I will go on to say that cannabis cannot be used as a source of the enzyme. In industry, and in the lab, large quantities (more than 500mg) of proteins are essentially NEVER produced from their natural source.

they are almost always prepared by expressing them in mutant cells, that have a mutant gene (for example chymotrypsin is produced by a bovine gene inserted into an E-coli cell, the THCA synthase was prepared by insertion of a gene into an insect cell)

I will also say, that even if you were able to find a feasible source of large quantities of the enzyme, the purification (even if you had relatively crude enzyme, like 90%) would cost you 10s of thousands of dollars.

but that does not mean that developing a method of:

1) production of large quantites of crude or pure enzyme
2) successful conversion of isoprene/terpene into large quantities of THC in-vitro
3) purification of the newly formed THC from the enzyme and essential oils (or at least from stuff you dont want to smoke)

is not possible. its just very very difficult. but people do come up with shit like that sometimes. good luck buddy. I recommend getting the support of a research group with useful facilities, or at least befriending a sad grad student or post doc.

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
gordonliu said:
for example: hashmasta-kut has, many times, noted that he is able to smoke large quantities of BHO. BHO is upwards of 90% pure (if not more) THC. I probably smoke a gram a week myself.

well i am not sure about the many times part, but these days, for the last few months its been close to a gram a day. a touch more i guess. for me, it depends on how much i have. if i see an end to the rainbow, i start to conserve, but as it stands right now, i have about 10-12 grams of reclaim, not to mention some buds to run, even giving lots of reclaim away. if i start running out of claim, i will drop my consumption down to like say .6-.8 a day prolly. i havent had to vape any claim for about a year almost :)

Last edited:

Mercer

Spaventa said:
My hash from the bubbleator is white/blonde anyway...50 meter hash for you dutch. This is my process as shown to me last year.

Spread the collected trichomes out on paper to dry, and chop any lumps/clumps of trichs up.

When its dry, carefuly move the sheet to the microwave and heat till it melts making like a lace on the paper. Don't over nuke it and let it bubble away - just melt

Then,put the paper into your freezer for 10 minutes till the resin is brittle.

While cold the hash will easily come off the paper, just by curling the sheet, looking as white as your scapings, even clear.

collect the resin peices together and place on another sheet of paper, this time in a heep. microvave till the heep of bit just melts together but doesn't bubble. freeze it again to get it off the paper then let that stand till its soft enough to shape - done

edit - normal paper is ok but i'm trying bakers grease proof papernext time...

I'd like to add that for some reason, hash made this way has a very different effect to any amount of other cannabis products Ive tried. You feel uniquely spaced and detatched. Its almost like a different drug...I can't exsplain.
Apart from that, you lose your power to concentrate big time which is for me the opposite of a normal MJ experience.

The guy who showed the method showed me because I said I just couldn't get high like the old days - he warned me not to get tolerant to this because after this its heroin!!!

anyone ever try this? lol

comphashon

well for all the views not a lot of pics? seen one seen them all I guess... sorry for not being around much.... but this method does work and if anyone wants to make a better way to do it and share that would be great!! Thanks to all the contributions and chatter!!! good luck and hey give it a shot and let us all know what you think!
c

Zero the Hero

Comphashon,Man! I really want to thank you for sharing this excellent Trick with the People.
I'm a Dutch guy,living in Germany and i'm allways looking for new ways to treat my Hash.Where i live,in the north of Germany,you only get weed if you grow it yourself but we have very good Maroc Hash.It's very oily and bubbling when heated.When i saw your Pictures and realized how easy to do this was i could not believe that it works,sorry.The next two days i was thinking about it all the Time,so i had to try it.It worked perfect!!
This stuff is amazing!!I made Rosin for 7-8 Times now and it's getting better every time.What a great and simple idea.I can't imagine how someone could not be able to make this easy thing.
So again,Thank You Comphashon

C

Chamba

Comphashon.....if not stored in the dark and cold, does rosin degrade (lose potency) much faster than other types of hash? i.o.w. is it a lot more volatile? For example, if I leave a gram of dry sift sitting around, it will still be as good to smoke weeks later, but what about rosin? Does it have to be stored in the dark, airtight and cold to ensure potency is maintained

rosin....I'm not sure if I've mentioned this previously, but another type of "rosin" is used by boxers to ensure a non-slip grip on their shoes. A tray with "Rosin" a substance, that I think was a type of dried and granulated tree sap, and was placed in a neutral corner and when the boxers entered the ring they would rub each sole of their boots in a tray, then the tray was removed...it sticks to the bottom of the shoes and really improves your grip, power, movement etc...I don't go to the fights anymore, so I'm not sure if they still use it?

Truthman wrote ......I will give my secret when I feel the right people are ready to hear this.......

(insert sarcasm, ridicule and derision here)

Last edited:

comphashon

Hey Zero Im glad you tried it(although not as glad as you are I'm sure!!)
Ya I couldn't believe it myself the first time I had a hit of this stuff(I almost fell over from the head rush). I wish I could get a steady supply of morroc to make rosin from but over here you make your own or get crap water hash for too much money...and it make shit tasting rosin.

Chamba I have had rosin for almost a year stored in a glass jar and it was as amazing as the day it was made...if not better! I wish I had that jar right now! Just crumbs around here these days but can't complain as these crumbs do the job!!

I would also like to point out that I helped a buddy with his trimming a while ago with a trim pro and although it robs the trim of its goodness for hash making... it collected rosin from the bud as you press the bud on the trimmer...it was the same shit only from bud!!! not that I would recommend it but if it is all you can get you will be getting some amazing rosin! But I think your better off collecting it from the hash as you get way more by product than just a small bit of rosin(Rosin,Hash,Butter,Tincture,Ect...).

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiences as I'm sure a lot of people will see that I'm not just licking the side of a dogs bowl for kicks. This shit kicks your ass and it's an organic extraction ie-no solvent of any kind!

Enjoy and smoke a bowl for me(or send me some!!!)
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=239750&ppuser=7668

:yeahthats