What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Rosin(solventless hashoil)

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
i used this method and the yeilds sucked..i got one nice hit worth of shavings wich MELTED nasty!! and the hit and taste was great...but i think im doing it wrong (either that or my 120u bubble hash was horrible quality), i looked at my hash under the microscope and i did notice alott of stalks in the trichome concentration!

G

Help me along here. I just took 5 grams of powdreized 73u bubble. I took the bowl and pot off the heat and added stash. It formed up nice and i rubbed the hell out of it on the bowl. It seemed to be covered with a glaze so i stopped to let it cool. My 5 gram ball of hash still weighs the same and bubbles fast! I doing things right so far? How many times do I rub my hash? How do I know I am done with my hash?

G

Ok Im back. So I rubbed my 5 gram ball of hash in the bowl twice. After I scraped the bowl the second time (save yourself alot of headache and use a flat square pyrex) I ended up with about 4 personal knife hits worth or for me 2 good ones. The first time I scraped it came out looking like the coconut stuff. My second scraping came out looking more like honey. So now I smoke the coconut. I put it in my roor with 2 fine screens that are a lil dirty. "I read on another thread that you could do this with honey." It just melted through and I barley got a hit. :fsu: So now I smoke the honey colored scraping from round two. This time I put a lil kief under it. So much better!
So back to my 5 gram ball of hash that started out as the powder shake from my 73u drying plate. It still weighs the same. Its nice and shiny. It bubbles so quick! Id say it looks better. Ill smoke some after a lil. Im baked now! I guess the heat pressing the powder really brought out the good side of it. I diddnt lose any and I got superstoned from oil. And my shake hash now looks superb! :woohoo:

G

Does anyone know how much this method affects the hash's quality after rubbing it for rosen.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
pity compashorn is not here as he is the one who can answer your questions. i have never tried it myself. nice job getting a few hits worth of rosin from your hash, lol. let us know how any more experiments go ok?

peace

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
according to him earlier in the thread he says its like a 20-22 % something like that percent change. id say it really depends on temps and how thorough you are stuff like that.

i have no headaches scraping a round bowl, i just curve my blade a little accordingly. also, i like the roundness because it forms a much better seal and heats uniformly.

G

higher the quality more you will get. Yes you can use your imported hash. If it bubbles it will work better.

Spaventa

Veteran
My hash from the bubbleator is white/blonde anyway...50 meter hash for you dutch. This is my process as shown to me last year.

Spread the collected trichomes out on paper to dry, and chop any lumps/clumps of trichs up.

When its dry, carefuly move the sheet to the microwave and heat till it melts making like a lace on the paper. Don't over nuke it and let it bubble away - just melt

Then,put the paper into your freezer for 10 minutes till the resin is brittle.

While cold the hash will easily come off the paper, just by curling the sheet, looking as white as your scapings, even clear.

collect the resin peices together and place on another sheet of paper, this time in a heep. microvave till the heep of bit just melts together but doesn't bubble. freeze it again to get it off the paper then let that stand till its soft enough to shape - done

edit - normal paper is ok but i'm trying bakers grease proof papernext time...

I'd like to add that for some reason, hash made this way has a very different effect to any amount of other cannabis products Ive tried. You feel uniquely spaced and detatched. Its almost like a different drug...I can't exsplain.
Apart from that, you lose your power to concentrate big time which is for me the opposite of a normal MJ experience.

The guy who showed the method showed me because I said I just couldn't get high like the old days - he warned me not to get tolerant to this because after this its heroin!!!

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

Thanks for the heads up on makeing Rosin Comphashon!!!

Spavanta I'll have to try your methoud also, then I'll keep useing the one I like best!!!

My hats off to both pf you!!!!

Spaventa

Veteran
tbh, when the dude showed me, I said to him like wtf, your just heating it up twice and i swear I was 2 blazed to even take in the reasoning, but thats what I do and it seems to me that that is what the bowl method dose - spreads it out and heats it up but not too much...I like his method too and I will try it myself. I'm attracted to the organic nature of using a pan and water as opposed to the microwave tbh - the microwave works though lol

wordtree

just me, but I'd never microwave any cannabis product for fear of degradation...
but I don't uses nukes anyways

Spaventa

Veteran
If you ever beat that fear, you'l see it takes very little time or power in the microwave - its a gentle nuking. Ive compared and its more potent after the nuke session. I suppose theres a stigma attached to microwaves because of people speed drying imature buds in 20 seconds a week before harvest lol

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
i second wordtree's opinion on this one. microwaves heat much too unevenly and scare the dickens out of me in terms of potential magic loss.

Kosmo

Papulz said:
i second wordtree's opinion on this one. microwaves heat much too unevenly and scare the dickens out of me in terms of potential magic loss.

TrueDat^
And it definitely doesn't make it "more potent" :rasta:

oaax

i have tried this two times now with a glass bowl over a cooking bowl with some bubbling pollen maroc. Im not getting anything at all and the leftovers is still high quality and still bubbles. anyone?