What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Rosin(solventless hashoil)

HumboldtSmoka

Man, this is an awesome method. Thank you so much compashun, i cant tell you how much i appreciate it!

Sep212010-rosin059.jpg

Some rosin I made using 73 micron Masta Kush full melt bubble hash..........what y'all think?

Sep212010-rosin005.jpg

Clear bubble while making it..........man this is tasty stuff! Compashun u rule!
One question, how do you know when its done?

Last edited:

RulaTone

Veteran
Got a question for you Compashon
Did you ever tried to apply yuor method to still wet hash?
I mean, do the washing and all, catch bubblehash in the spoon to bring it away from bags and then right to bainmarie for rosin. heat will evaporate water.
I'm asking cause some days ago, i was rosinating some good 73u AK bubble when accidentaly some water fall inside. I was worried but i must say, i noted that hash melted togheter very well, and formed a cream softer and brighter than the one without water in it. So i'm asking if one can directly dry his waterhash trough your method.

C

Chamba

"sometimes its white and powdery...others are puddy...its been black...and even orangeish once...

anyway it rocks me and its all i really smoke exept killer # one first quality dry sift...add a bit together and you will become a distant traveller!!!
as i said no time now but enjoy and ask questions...or better yet ...you tell me a better way!!!
c
"

Comphashon ...Please tell us about your technique to produce "killer # one first quality dry sift"

if your first choice smoke is the killer dry sift rather than rosin, then it must be a real face melter

Is this a gentle, short duration sift or do you re-sift it and or run it through finer meshes?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So nice comphashon. that is some of the best hash i have seen to date EVER! I have only made that nice of dry sift 55 micron bubble bag.

comphashon

Hey folks, sorry I haven't been around lately. Ha d a bit of a turn of events in my life so not much rosin( or killer dry sift for that matter) lately :( ....

but it looks like it is being enjoyed by many of you out there!!

Thanks for your kind words and for stopping by and enjoying the rosin train!

To answer a few questions-

RulaTone- I can say that it has been done but I would only rosinate wet bubble in small amounts as you really should let bubble dry fully before pressing it... that being said it will make rosin but it won't get all the water out of the hash... I used to add a bit of water in my kif(when I was new to it) to make it stick together(using the stainless bowl method) and always saw the rosin in small amounts but never thought to smoke it as I thought it was waxes or something( glad I did in the end though!!)

Chamba- It would take a while (and another thread) to go into the detail of my dry sift method... but... I always go really soft( no pressure ) and the time factor would depend on how well the shake was cured... if cured perfectly i would grab a handfull at a time and rub for about 10-15 s... the point I got in dry sift was the less I get the better!!!... I don't mind small batches as seconds and thirds would always give me better rosin yields...
as far as screen size... I would generally use 120 mic for most material... but some has larger heads than others(not as often tho)... 100 mic and 150 mic... I have tried resifting and found that it wasn't worth my time as I would generally make first(mine) seconds/thirds(commercial) and of course the rosin...

Mad hasher- thanks for your pics and sharing this tech with all the heads out there...

and thanks to everyone who has supported a cause of sharing info and helping us discover the next level... this plant grows free and so should all the info about it!!!

if anyone would like to answer questions or help others in there experiance with rosin or any other new safe tech please feel free to do so on this thread... although I will try to stop by more often..

Spread the love and take good care!!

c

jhansen

hey thanks...i think of it as really lucky...but to some that is crazy!!
hey oaxaca...thanks bro...here is some really gummy stuff!!!tastes the same as all other rosin...just as potent...but gummy!!!i wonder why???but it is the same kind of color....

it seems to simple but it just kicks ass!!!...i used to smoke solvent based oil...now i wont if i dont have to!!!
and i think it sends you farther than solvent oil...as it should coming from hash rather than cannabis...
thanx!
c

Hey compashon, that looks like some super tasty stuff!!!!!
Did you make that plate you self ? if you did... would care to tell me how you made it ? did you dry sieve indoor buds ? did you add any thing to the crystals before pressing it into a plate( for example--> add hash oil or rosin, cut it with iso) ? the reason im asking is because i have never seen a plate of hash with that almost clear grey/beige colour, looks like tha bomb!!!!

comphashon

Jhansen- Thanks for stopping by and checking it out... this was one of my favs!!! I think it was from Jack H trim... and it is all rosin nothing else... although I have seen hash close to this colour... and it was the bomb!!!... Im not sure but I think more sativa leaning hashes will give you a more white hue... but I could be wrong... anyone else know??? let us know!!

thanks

c

rafe

I just gave it a try and used grain Alcohol which is almost all you can get. Pured it through a funnel into a pyrex rectangle dish and put on our flame less stove. When those bubbles start , stop and scrape quickly because that shit will stick like nothing I have ever seen. You can also take shots of the stuff but be careful it is serious shit with weed in it!

THC123

Veteran
just made me some rosin , will taste it tonight

but i did taste the hash from which i made the rosin from

so i started with bubble powder 73 micron , first run

i made a thin film layer in the pyrex bowl and then i scrapd it , i have for about one good hit

The bubble powder is now a black ball of flexi hash

i made a small bowl and it still totally bubbles ,

maybe i should continue wiping the pyrex bowl with the hash to get more rosin?

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Just wanted to bump an awesome thread! Can anyone (that has actually made and used rosin) confirm or deny that this is stronger (more potent) than budder? Thanks in advance.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
A thread worth a bump... hope you are doing well these days compashion.

Gotta love the rosin.

Much respect,
-Chimera

KonradZuse

Well what I want to know is that from 3.5 of "hash?" you got 1.2 g of rosin?

What exactly is the other stuff left over? You're just heating it and it seperates on it's own or what?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well what I want to know is that from 3.5 of "hash?" you got 1.2 g of rosin?

What exactly is the other stuff left over? You're just heating it and it seperates on it's own or what?

This actually works slick and brought raves from all the local testers.

Primarily what is happening is that the ruptured trichome heads are smeared on the hot surface.

When scraped off afterwards, it has greater potency per unit volume, because it has less inactive material like superfluous plant material as well as the cellulous outer skins of the trichomes,

What is left behind, is everything that was not smeared on the surface, which is a concentration of inactive material mixed with the remaining resins.

I only panel tested the extract, but did smoke some of the remains myself.

The bubble that I picked to start with had been over worked, so as to contain excess plant material and was harsh to smoke. Removing part of the resin appeared to increase the smoking harshness of the remains.

I simply tossed those remains into the next batch of hash being ethanol extracted, and extracted the balance. It received favorable comments by the panel testers as well.

Last edited:

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
it's super easy guys!

bring pot of water to a boil with your dish on it (pyrex or stainless steel) pyrex is def better for scrapping
remove from heat and rub your hash or kief on said dish

collect the left over film that has been created

presto bamo fuckin full melt clear dome never got shit like this with out solvents and this is a 10000000 times easier and cheaper and healthy

perhaps to simple and perfect its actually really complicated lol

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My first panel test of this method of concentration was at a patient Christmas party, where the participants uniformly lined up for seconds.

The first person in line dutifully smiled at me and reported more headiness and he loved the flavor, while the third patient in line stood slack jawed drooling and uttered, "Wow!"

This method definitely concentrates Sweet Mary's charms, and individual patient tolerance requires titration to establish a new standard dose.

I tried this rosin technique at the weekend and I am really impressed with the results, super melty bubble from average polm, this truly is one of the most unique and easiest ways to get grade A bubble from average hash (with the left over block I made cannabutter) I think this should be a sticky IMO, thanks for sharing comphashon :)

Latest posts

Latest posts