What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Rosin(solventless hashoil)

DoobyYooby

Saw this post a few months ago and saved some of the melty shots. I just want to explain the chemistry for everybody. Rosin is just a kind of distilled hash. In what we call "true distillation" the mixture is heated to a tempurature where the goodness evaporates but the contaminates are still liquid. In "rosination" or "dry distillation" a solid is heated to a temperature at which the goodness melts but the contaminants stay solid. The process has been used for circa a century by petroleum engineers creating liquid fuels from coal. Comphashon is just the first to try it with hash (kudos). Things are getting a little dry around here, but once i get my hands on some genetics, I'll make some rosin material of my own

Last edited:

comphashon

hey thanks alot for the info Dooby!!!it has provided alot of fun reading....when i first started makin rosin i was saying to my friends that it was like distillation...wow dry sift...dry distillation...that may explain why water hash is not the same ...as there will be water in it????...well thanks again!!!
HMk...i will turn you into a rosin magnet!!!
FJ....what really trips me out is how strong rosin is!!!...even compared to high quality hash!!!
anyway i hope you all enjoy cause rosin is high quality!!!
thanx
c

comphashon... that is some really nice looking pieces of hashish that u have made there...

i have started making hash from all my trim and small buds just lately... though i cannot find any art supplie stores that sell silk screens... only one place i found that i can get them from but they are stretched over a wooden frame.. for printing and they cost £80!!!

so what i have done instead is got a ladies stocking and stretched that over a round container with the trim and buds inside also with about 5 or 6 coins to... i froze the buds and trim for 2 hours before doing this to...

and for what i used i think i did not to bad at all... i got 1.7 grammes of dark hash and a small pile of trichomes to... it smokes really nice i have to say...

it is quite a good feeling sitting getting stoned on some hashish that u made yourself!!

heres some pics of what i got... check it out...
hash5.jpg

trichs1.jpg

DSCF2043.jpg

e89f44c2.jpg

C

Chamba

put on a pot of water and bring to a boil...with a stainless steel bowl(or glass) on top ...take off heat ...take hash and rub it lightly on the sides of the bowl....you will see a light to heavey film biulding up on the bowl(this is the rosin or hashoil)...now you need a rasor blade to scrape off the rosin...now put that in you pipe and smoke it!!!

excellent explanation Comphason...it doesn't get much simpler than that!..to those who dont get it...have another read through the thread!

Ages ago,I remember hearing about a process similar to "Rosination" used by unscrupulous hash dealers ....they'd do a similar process to their bulk hash, keep the high potency extract for themselves and then sell the de-rosined hash. ( another great reason to grow your own and make your own hash , "M.Y.O.H."..or in Comphason's case "M.Y.O.R"

Keefhead

Dry hash

Dry hash

comphashon Great idea and technique. Thanks for posting it. I can't wait to try it.

I have some hash bubble hash that is completely dry and powdered, ready to go into butter. But I'l like to try this first. Any suggestions for how to use the dry stuff?

Thanks...

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
interesting. i don't quite understand how the contaminants are getting taken out with this system. to me it looks more like you are breaking all the trichome heads open and getting them to release their oils and terps?

don't get me wrong i'm not knocking the system, i'm just not sure i understand how its supposed to work.

i have seen that it makes your hash fmcd, but does that mean that the impurities are out of it? if yes where are they gone? can you just keep rubbing a piece of hash on the bowl till it's gone? or do you have to keep cutting open a new bit to rub against the bowl?

however it works, its a great innovation. just the pics alone are worth it and if it really tastes and hits cleaner and better then the original, then you deserve a medal.

i would still love to know the scientific reason behind it working? can anyone answer my questions?

peace

Keefhead

Gaius - could it be that the essential oils are being released and stick to the bowl, and that forms the beautiful scrapings you see? Wild hair guess....

Someday soon I hope to make some, and when I do, I'll whip out the microscope and see what I can see - and report it here if someone doesn't beat me to it. This should be interesting. Don't know I'll answer your question gaiusmarius, but I'll find out what I can. All I have right now is dry powder hash though. I hope it will work.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so by rubing the hash on the hot bowl, we burn away impurities through light friction and heat but let the trichome heads collect? or is it that the trichome heads are broken open thereby making them stick to the bowl in a paste while the impurities like leaf crumbs etc will get neutralized through the heat and friction? i suppose i'll have to do my own experiments. hey compasshorn, how hot should the dish be for scraping? i have some black looking 25u, would that work?

peace

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this im gonne try ...verry nice info
can i share this info on a belgian grow forum in your nick?

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gaiusmarius said:
so by rubing the hash on the hot bowl, we burn away impurities through light friction and heat but let the trichome heads collect? or is it that the trichome heads are broken open thereby making them stick to the bowl in a paste while the impurities like leaf crumbs etc will get neutralized through the heat and friction? i suppose i'll have to do my own experiments. hey compasshorn, how hot should the dish be for scraping? i have some black looking 25u, would that work?

peace

According to this quote "In "rosination" or "dry distillation" a solid is heated to a temperature at which the goodness melts but the contaminants stay solid."

I take it to read that the heating is to a low enough point to relase the goods and the left overs are the solids yo don't want.

liquid hash ...

liquid hash ...

High all, well all this rosin looks like what i get when i over press pure hash, or pure enough...
I use an aluminum mould(mold?) lined with tough cellophane into wich i put my trichs. I heat it wrapped and sealed in wet paper and aluminum foil then i press in a jack press. The oil oozes out of the cracks around the aluminum casing. Now this oil is dark but very clear and is the tastyest hashyest oil ever !
Seems to be created by the steam going through the trichs, that are then pressed, forcing the oil through the cracks. I don`t do this on purpose, it only happens by accident when I heat the mould a little to long or too hot. The resulting hash is weaker and less tasty. I filled a quarter once bottle once and prized it until it was gone...
Experience and mistakes sometimes make great improvements !
Peace. Boom Shankar ! RR.

comphashon

hello hash people!!!!i havnt been around much latly...been havin too much fun this summer!!!hope you all have had a great one yourselves!!!im glad to see that rosin is not only in my world latly!!!...i have been doin a fresh batch so i thought i would a few new pics(new camera!!!)...
anyway as a few people stated...it is an easy process that doesnt take that long or a degree to figure it out...so if you dont get it well wait for the vid!!!!(LOL)...i would like to try a dry vacume extraction...i think that it would work with really crystally bud!!!!...but until then...i will always have a bit of the simple extract!!!!

pls spread the word on rosin on any forum or in anyway you see fit!~!!...hash is the futer of cannabis....then rosin will be the next generation!!!!

c

Latest posts

Latest posts