What's new

Canadian seed banks ?

T

trichy1

Hemp Depot does the e-transfer now. Brand new I just sent a money order in and then the new policy.

stonedfly

So far, I've had good luck ordering from overseas... Amsterdam, a couple places in the UK, maybe others (can't remember). I've paid via credit card with no problems, so far. I received live viable seeds every time, thus far.

I ordered from a seller in Canada and received extremely poorly packed smashed seeds in unmarked packaging. But that was some fly-by-night jerk pretending to be a reputable vendor. After being ignored by him, I contested the charge and my bank refunded the money. He also charged nearly double the price agreed to... don't know how he accomplished that. A week later I saw a charge on my bank card for the Canadian Park Service... or something like that. I contested that bogus charge and closed that bank card. I'm not saying there aren't good Canadian vendors... just that I had one bad experience and haven't returned.

who was this seller? I would love to avoid this type of bank

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
It was already mentioned here, but I have to confirm Kingston 420 is reputable and honest. On a trip I stopped there in person, and was very impressed by the staff's knowledge of cannabis. The woman I spoke to had a very extensive understanding of strains. I have also ordered by mail and everything went well. The big stoner dog on their site is real too! There is also a smoke lounge above the place, as long as Kingston police haven't stopped that? I hope not! Smoke on!

brown_thumb

who was this seller? I would love to avoid this type of bank

I'll look for the info.

EDIT: Below are "MY" experiences with seed banks. This is NOT to suggest others' experiences are similar. They are just my experiences thus far...

ilovegrowingmarijuana.com in Amsterdam (good)
truenorthseedbank.com in Canada (good)
justfeminized.com in UK (good)
canadianhempco.com in Canada (BAD!!)

Last edited:
T

trichy1

A busy seed seller turns his inventory often, giving the buyer a chance of getting fresh stock.

Gmack

Peak seeds bc- good amd cheap
Bcbd- crap and herm issues
Seeds here now- good no issues getting orders from the us.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Bcbd- crap and herm issues

When I was young I got "Timewarp" from BCBD. I grew the pack out and got some type of south African sativa(or slow flowering hemp?hahaha) I think. Not as exciting as it sounds! I let it bud about 7 weeks and no buds formed. Worried it was hemp, or never going to bud, I chopped them down, and killed all the clones I had. Looking back on it, I think they shipped me swazi gold or something else from south Africa in timewarp packaging. Being older and knowing more now, I would have at least finished the plants out, but fuck BCBD I will grow my Sativas when I want to, not when I am trying to find some new outdoor plant from supposed "timewarp" seeds. Don't support these guys unless you don't mind random seeds rebranded as something they are not.

Gtaseedbank is effin awesome. Ordered a few times through there now and its super fast shipping and you can actually get ahold of them if need be.

Gmack

When I was young I got "Timewarp" from BCBD. I grew the pack out and got some type of south African sativa(or slow flowering hemp?hahaha) I think. Not as exciting as it sounds! I let it bud about 7 weeks and no buds formed. Worried it was hemp, or never going to bud, I chopped them down, and killed all the clones I had. Looking back on it, I think they shipped me swazi gold or something else from south Africa in timewarp packaging. Being older and knowing more now, I would have at least finished the plants out, but fuck BCBD I will grow my Sativas when I want to, not when I am trying to find some new outdoor plant from supposed "timewarp" seeds. Don't support these guys unless you don't mind random seeds rebranded as something they are not.

Lol sound about right. Flashy advertising and packaging and shit genetics.

JimJim901

Just had a conversation with crop kings that discuted me. Thought I would share

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-43-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-43-45.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-43-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-43-51.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-43-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-43-57.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-44-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-44-05.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-44-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-44-12.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-44-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-44-57.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 13

Darpa

The best Canadian SB is definitely HD. Awesome service, great price, fast delivery and awesome breeder selection... I only wish they had Rare Dankness in their catalogue. Stay away from TNWB, terrible terrible terrible service and CK got really bad strain! Don’t waste your money or time on them…. This is just an advice...

Also, everyone should know that seeds are illegal in Canada unless you are a LP or you are registered under the MMAR, in which this case you can only buy seeds from LP under the MMPR…. However, the enforcement of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act for seeds seem not to be a priority and several SB operate without any problem in Canada…

Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
S.C. 1996, c. 19

Possession of substance

4 (1) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall possess a substance included in Schedule I, II or III.
Trafficking in substance

5 (1) No person shall traffic in a substance included in Schedule I, II, III or IV or in any substance represented or held out by that person to be such a substance.

Marginal note:
Possession for purpose of trafficking
(2) No person shall, for the purpose of trafficking, possess a substance included in Schedule I, II, III or IV.

SCHEDULE II include viable Cannabis seed, with the exception of its derivatives…

zoic

What an awesome source of seed bank info, thank you all. I decided to run my own seeds (GSC) for my first grow to work out the kinks before I spend money on special seeds for strains that I have been eyeballing. The two I am interested in are Kazar
(not sure about Dutch Passion though) and a high CBD strain that I have not yet made a final decision on. If all 5 plants I am growing now due well (July/August harvest) then I will feel confident enough to spend money. I bookmarked 5 good seed banks just from this thread.

N.B. Although the seeds were small and lighter coloured from the GSC they seem to be growing quite well. Just sayin!

Latest posts

Latest posts