What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian seed banks ?

Small and light colored seeds

Small and light colored seeds

Sorry if this is posted in an improper location but this seed bank thread has the most recent post. So hoping I can get some discussion going. I have seen seeds from three different seed banks and all of them looked puny, small and each packet contained some very light colored seeds. When I get bag seed seeds they are darker, have lightning bolts and are much fatter. I have been involved in MJ since 1968 and have seen many samples. Were these just from the wrong sources? Do other seed banks send big, fat, dark seeds?
If so which ones.
The three samples were from more budget banks not charging $80.00 for 10 seeds.
Thanks for any comments.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The light coloured seeds don't usually germinate but can. It's just poor quality control on the breeders end. Small seeds aren't an issue though, the OH I've got puts out poppyseeds.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
The light coloured seeds don't usually germinate but can. It's just poor quality control on the breeders end. Small seeds aren't an issue though, the OH I've got puts out poppyseeds.

Often true. I do have to note though that there are some lines that seem to put out light colored seeds, even when fully mature. Not much tiger striping.

Pretty much all the seeds that came from my Sugar Punch plants came out like this. They don't appear immature though if this makes any sense.

5th

Veteran
Christ...I was just shopping for seeds an hour ago...thought I was gonna have to take out a 3rd mortgage. Gonna try a few of the places you guys mentioned. :tiphat:

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
International seeds prices increase as the dollar drops. Canadian seeds though remain the same price in Canada, and their prices drop on international markets... same as any other internationally traded commodity.

Support Canadian banks!

N

NewAgeGenetics

Seeds are illegal in Canada.
+
Banks won't give merchant accounts to businesses that deal with illegal products.

= Canadian seedbanks without credit cards.
if seeds are illegal than how can they sell it?

so dr greenthumb produce and sells illegally his seeds?

Chimera

Veteran
Well law is a matter of words and interpretation. There is the written law, and then there is how the law in interpreted and enforced.

Seeds legally are 'marihuana', and therefor classified as a 'controlled substance'.

Websites and shops selling seeds certainly contravene the law, however many police departments obviously feel it's a waste of their time to put together cases and enforce.

Anyone selling seeds in Canada though is flouting the law, which clearly states seeds to be illegal.

Chimera

Veteran
gt could be producing under a MMAR license, I don't know.

If he is, then production is technically legal since seeds ARE 'marihuana', by letter of the law, and MMAR producers are entitles to produce 'marihuana'. An unintended consequence of the way the law was written, no doubt.

However selling them is trafficking, and clearly illegal.

Sorry I can't give you a "Yes" or "No", it's no so cut and dry.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The debate in court would be viability. Unless I am mistaken

med-man

Chimera

Veteran
You are right in that non-viable "hemp seeds" are the exception from Section 2, implying all viable cannabis seeds are illegal. Again though, with MMAR licenses this becomes moot currently for MMAR holders, since they are entitled to possess 'marihuana', and by the governments legal definition cannabis seeds are 'marihuana'.

The debate wouldn't be in court; the charging police force would typically test the seeds to see if they would germinate.

If you search the Canadian court database you'll see a few guilty pleas for possession of seeds (ppt).

Unless licensed, the letter of the law says possession or trafficking in seeds is illegal.... however in practice you can walk into shops in a dozen Canadian cities and walk out the door with seeds, and many websites will ship seeds to your door - so where the law lies between legislation and enforcement is open to interpretation.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Well law is a matter of words and interpretation. There is the written law, and then there is how the law in interpreted and enforced.

Seeds legally are 'marihuana', and therefor classified as a 'controlled substance'.

Websites and shops selling seeds certainly contravene the law, however many police departments obviously feel it's a waste of their time to put together cases and enforce.

Anyone selling seeds in Canada though is flouting the law, which clearly states seeds to be illegal.

I think some lawyers have argued a grey area in that non viable seeds are legal to sell. You can buy hemp seeds that have been put through sterilization for example.

So they figure they can get away with it if they put them being sold as non viable collectables.

It's something that might not hold up in court, but it seems that the police do not want to test it. Or at least the police in the areas where the shops operate. The RCMP might feel different.

Chimera

Veteran
Non-viable hemp seeds are perfectly legal to sell, in fact all non-viable cannabis seeds are legal- the CDSA spells it out very clearly.

I personally think that the police departments choose not to prioritize prosecuting the crime, rather than a worry that it won't hold up on court; people have been charged and convicted of possession of Cannabis seed, so precedent has already been set.

That's just a matter of my opinion though, so take it for what it's worth.

crazy_eagle

Really liked peak seeds just about tried all his strains and all were good!! Provision seeds is out Ont. I think good guys but no a huge selection!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We just placed a test order from Elite 613 Genetics seed bank.

They advertise Bay Exclusives, Cannarado, Archive, Thug Pug (gromer1 OGKB strains), etc, shipped from Taranna. Missauga, akchooally. I spelt both them wrong.

Could be gold. I am having trouble not ordering Polynesian Cookies. Prudence says to wait until we grow out the first order.

Prudence is a judgemental slutwhore, a party pooper, my wallet's burning a hole in my ass and I can never justify ordering seeds beyond "cause I want 'em". So I don't. But oh do I want to do.

brown_thumb

So far, I've had good luck ordering from overseas... Amsterdam, a couple places in the UK, maybe others (can't remember). I've paid via credit card with no problems, so far. I received live viable seeds every time, thus far.

I ordered from a seller in Canada and received extremely poorly packed smashed seeds in unmarked packaging. But that was some fly-by-night jerk pretending to be a reputable vendor. After being ignored by him, I contested the charge and my bank refunded the money. He also charged nearly double the price agreed to... don't know how he accomplished that. A week later I saw a charge on my bank card for the Canadian Park Service... or something like that. I contested that bogus charge and closed that bank card. I'm not saying there aren't good Canadian vendors... just that I had one bad experience and haven't returned.

T

trichy1

Hemp Depot has a large selection of seeds. I usually order from them.
Ordered seeds from Russia and they got seized. Ordered seeds from Seedbay and think they got pinched too...... Fuckers.