What's new

California will Vote on Recreational Pot in Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomedome

Th excise tax is on retail sales. If you are caregiver for up to 5 people you can continue as normal and be exempt from licensing and taxes.

chomedome

It is not perfect. What is the other option? The Jack Herer initiative has failed to qualify this year and in past years. If all the dispensaries that agree with the JHI would ban together and donate for the cause maybe it could qualify but that hasn't happened and I doubt it will in the future

oceangrownkush

Veteran
The MMRSA as it stands right now is unenforceable and violates the California Constitution, they need AUMA to pass to validate their alteration of Prop 215, or MMRSA will go the way of SB 420 when the time comes to test their authority in court.

I don't demand perfection from a potential legal regime of Cannabis, I accept certain realities that I don't like, but what are we getting in exchange? With AUMA - nothing. There will still be people going to prison while the richest will be able to carve out an enterprise. How can you sit there with your ten posts and tell me you can accept this? It's not even semi legalization, it's purely state appeasement, it's pants on head retarded. It's putting the BUSINESS aspect of Cannabis before the HUMAN aspect.

Is this what we stopped Prop 19 for? An even more restrictive law? Hell no.

chomedome

Auma does not seem to have square footage limitations on personal grows like MMRSA does. Just plant count. So technically you could grow 6 giant trees as big as you want. MMRSA allows you 100 square feet.

iBogart

Veteran
Home boy prolly is a small time corner drug dealer afraid his business will fold under legalization. The alternative with a felony record = Mowing lawns or flipping burgers at Jack in the Box.

Dude, you could still be relevant in the industry, just your name wouldn't be on the license.

chomedome

I know a guy who was caught with a personal medical grow that was over the state limits. He was charged with felony cultivation and felony possession with intent. Under AUMA these would have been misdemeanors. I am not seeing where AUMA creates more felonies

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Auma does not seem to have square footage limitations on personal grows like MMRSA does. Just plant count. So technically you could grow 6 giant trees as big as you want. MMRSA allows you 100 square feet.
but what if i just wanted to grow a bunch of plants in my yard. under AUMA i cant cuz it's not legal, right?

chomedome

In a perfect world cannabis would be treated like tomatoes and a pound would be under 20 dollars. Unicorns. Maybe one day but not in the near future

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'm not clear on costs. How many plants you want?

maybe a few hundred. i cant afford an expensive license though i'm just a regular guy. ALso what if i have a felony for something ganja-related., that would ironically prevent me from getting that license too, no?

In a perfect world cannabis would be treated like tomatoes and a pound would be under 20 dollars. Unicorns. Maybe one day but not in the near future
assuming all that money goes to the grower, how much should they pay ppl to buck down and trim that stuff before it goes to market at 20bucks/lb.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I know a guy who was caught with a personal medical grow that was over the state limits. He was charged with felony cultivation and felony possession with intent. Under AUMA these would have been misdemeanors. I am not seeing where AUMA creates more felonies

this is what bothers me the most
what happened to innocent until proven guilty under law?

its easy to go over the weight limits
as long as you are not selling it or providing it to minors, where is the crime?

iBogart

Veteran
maybe a few hundred. i cant afford an expensive license though i'm just a regular guy. ALso what if i have a felony for weed possession, that would ironically prevent me from getting that license too, no?

how much would you pay ppl to process and trim that stuff though, before it goes to market at 20bucks/lb

Felony gang banging? That's a hurdle dude. Ain't gonna lie.

Oh come on, that would be mass produced automated trimming.

Connoisseur shit should still command decent prices.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i can see the price dropping but i would not be smoking the $20lb stuff
i see it evolving more like the beer/ craft beer industry

there will always be a market for qaulity

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
lets not get hung up on what may or may not happen with the market

stick to the issue. with this "legalization" you will have to pay a lot of money to be able to grow as much as you want, or else you will go to jail.

also if you have any felonies or broken probation in the past related to weed, you are not allowed to take part in the market, or you will go to jail.

so its not really legalization is it

Status
Not open for further replies.