What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California will Vote on Recreational Pot in Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I average just about an 1/8 a week, tops. Usually less.

I'm decades out of college man. Been there, done that. You dig? So I know all too well the routine of the daily pot head, and how fast the weed gets burned up. Not for me.

I like my sunny Saturday afternoons, or Sunday, depends on the weather, with just me and Mary Jane. I don't like being a drunk, nor do I like getting stoned everyday. Having other interests in life helps too.

In all my years I've never come across anyone who smokes a half ounce of weed a day on the regular. I mean straight up, that's a lot fucking weed. It doesn't even sound fun.

Yeah a half o every day all year is a lot..Seems like it's just personal choice
I smoke hash oil all day,
If you look at the 15% yield off weight after I have to cut in dude making it, all I would have to do is smoke 2 grams of oil to reach a half o a day in consumption, honestly not hard.
But really I smoke less than 2g of oil a day
I can feel for the dudes who can't get oil, and are chasing the dragon all day with reg buds, or even fire, I've been there.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ibogart
M314
A pound a year is only 1.2 a day
So when you guys say years.... to smoke a top shelf pound... You mean you guys are smoking about a half gram a day?
If it takes you 2 months to smoke a ounce, you are only smoking one fat bowl a day...... (.46)
That is hard to even say you are a regular smoker with numbers that low...

I don't do as well at my job when I get high every day. I've spent years of my life getting high every day vs weekends only, so I know how it affects me. I'm a better software engineer when I save it for the weekends.

Getting high on Fridays and Saturdays only means my tolerance is ridiculously low. It doesn't take much.

iBogart

Veteran
Yeah a half o every day all year is a lot..Seems like it's just personal choice
I smoke hash oil all day,
If you look at the 15% yield off weight after I have to cut in dude making it, all I would have to do is smoke 2 grams of oil to reach a half o a day in consumption, honestly not hard.
But really I smoke less than 2g of oil a day
I can feel for the dudes who can't get oil, and are chasing the dragon all day with reg buds, or even fire, I've been there.

I've noticed with many of the newer generation of smokers, they don't take hits like us old skoolers. Maybe it has to do with less exposure to brick weed, but they don't hold their hits but for a few seconds. I suck in air with my hit to get it deeper into the lungs and then hold it till I'm blue in the face. That's how you get stoned off of brick weed and conserve your stash. Execute a hit like that with some high grade shit, after one hit you're tapping out.

I still use my little one hitter dugout that I had since high school. Weed last forever in that mutherfucker.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is interesting...
how would you define regular smoker?
i tihnk someone who smokes daily is a regular smoker, no matter the amount

I'd define "regular smoker" as someone who smokes regularly. Getting high every Friday and Saturday (plus holidays and vacations) still counts.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I average just about an 1/8 a week, tops. Usually less.

I'm decades out of college man. Been there, done that. You dig? So I know all too well the routine of the daily pot head, and how fast the weed gets burned up. Not for me.

I like my sunny Saturday afternoons, or Sunday, depends on the weather, with just me and Mary Jane. I don't like being a drunk, nor do I like getting stoned everyday. Having other interests in life helps too.

In all my years I've never come across anyone who smokes a half ounce of weed a day on the regular. I mean straight up, that's a lot fucking weed. It doesn't even sound fun.

I've known several people who go through an eighth of hash oil daily. That's equivalent to more than half an ounce of bud. It seems like a fun way to live as a professional grower. I'd be dabbing all day too if it was my job to grow plants and make hash oil.

My main point was that everyone should be free to decide. Setting stupidly low limits on personal use doesn't make sense when so many people use more than that.

iBogart

Veteran
I've known several people who go through an eighth of hash oil daily. That's equivalent to more than half an ounce of bud. It seems like a fun way to live as a professional grower. I'd be dabbing all day too if it was my job to grow plants and make hash oil.

My main point was that everyone should be free to decide. Setting stupidly low limits on personal use doesn't make sense when so many people use more than that.

Coming from me, harvest a thousand pounds. Smoke it all in a day. i could give a fuck. I'm just giving examples for the reasoning behind the limits for personal use. Unrestricted limits, retail becomes rather pointless, certainly for the "boutique" small scale growers. Eliminate personal growing altogether and they wouldn't get the votes. I believe this is a compromise between the two. One that the majority of smokers can live with. Is it going to satisfy that guy claiming he smokes a half ounce a day? Honestly, nothing is going to satisfy that guy. Fuck him.

Edit: Actually he could smoke his half ounce. He'd just have to buy it from the store rather than grow it.

dustoff

You cannot tell someone what the proper dose of cannabis is for them. You can figure out what is right for you, but everyone is different. I know someone who takes rick simpson oil a gram at a time (indica). Then he goes to work because his back pain recedes. I know another guy who took .25g of the same oil, slept 12 hours and was high for two days. Radically different tolerance levels.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Fuck me right? I've only cessated smoking use and removed pharmaceuticals from my life. Fuck me. I honestly wish people were so bold face to face. Fuck your authoritarian apologist bullshit and your fascist vibe, since you wanna go there iBogart. Keep your fucking pragmatism off my meds you ****. One ounce carry limit on 215, with full legislative tampering authority.. Unbelievable.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coming from me, harvest a thousand pounds. Smoke it all in a day. i could give a fuck. I'm just giving examples for the reasoning behind the limits for personal use. Unrestricted limits, retail becomes rather pointless, certainly for the "boutique" small scale growers. Eliminate personal growing altogether and they wouldn't get the votes. I believe this is a compromise between the two. One that the majority of smokers can live with. Is it going to satisfy that guy claiming he smokes a half ounce a day? Honestly, nothing is going to satisfy that guy. Fuck him.

Edit: Actually he could smoke his half ounce. He'd just have to buy it from the store rather than grow it.

The Jack Herer Initiative would have allowed for up to 99 flowering plants and possession of up to 12 pounds of dried bud for personal use. I don't believe in setting limits, but these limits are good enough for almost everyone. It's a shame this won't be an option on the ballot this year.

Last edited:

vta

Veteran
Is it going to satisfy that guy claiming he smokes a half ounce a day? Honestly, nothing is going to satisfy that guy. Fuck him.

Ok Nancy Pelosi...You can take your Big Gov and.....

What's apparent, and been mentioned several times, is the variability in dosage necessary for medical users. Particularly in the cases of people who are undergoing chemotherapy or suffering from extreme pain, doses can be quite high and require a large amount of plant material to sustain their needs.

We have legislators who are crafting laws and possession limits while thinking about pharmaceutical style dosing ie. small amounts which generally have a standardized dosing. Medical cannabis requires a shift in thought about how we manage our health with substances. It's much more akin to diet in its integration with people's lives. The idea of cannabis as a "drug" is something that has to be overcome.

For the above reasons, and more, how can we deny someone their appropriate amount of medicine? I have encountered many people who are very productive in their lives while practicing what would be considered "heavy" dosing. Cultivation limits won't eliminate the black market. Limiting someone's self reliance and forcing them to buy from someone else? I can't go for that.

But I don't live in CA anymore, so I'll continue to watch with bated breath.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Yeah but here's the thing, you're a teetotaler in a room full of seasoned whisky guzzling drunks. An ounce might last me two days. I carry about 4 ounces on me at a given time and I'm not selling. Legalizing just a single ounce isn't legalizing much especially since you already get a ticket only for one ounce. Now I'm a medical patient and if AUMA passes I am still subject to the one ounce limit. That is a disgusting alteration of my prop 215 protected right to carry what I need.

I will vote for a legalization initiative that treats Cannabis like alcohol, period. I consider these potential infractions, fines and jail eligibility to be discrimination against people who use Cannabis and I won't accept it. And no I won't vote for it because they put a "legalize" sticker on it, if I can still go to prison we will just have to burn this one to ashes and work with what we've got til 2018 or 2020.

Fuck all this authoritarian bullshit. If I can fill my vehicle to the brim with unopened alcohol bottles I should have the same level of liberty with my dope.
ya that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^..out of k today....yeehaw...don't tread on me,, I can currently have a lb according to SD laws plus my exemption and being a caregiver...I refuse to take a step backwards and I shouldn't have to buy a liscense.... I should be grandfathered in if anything...fuck em,,, just say,, hell no.. not just no!!!!!!!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
LEGALIZATION SHOULD BE -

Do what ever the fuck your want with weed, as long as its not near kids and dont drive high....

NO OTHER stipulations, rules, laws or whatever you want to call em...

This IS NOT legalization! This is ONLY a way for whoever(not citizens) to make money, plain and simple...

But the average citizen will be content with the "crumbs" this initiative is throwing at them and vote this shitty initiative into law...

I will still be doing what im doing, not giving a shit about what bullshit they TRY to impose on me....

Personally smoke 3 grams of BHO everyday, how can anyone tell me how much I can consume and have at any time?

shasta

I for one am looking forward to moving our personal grow into the California sun! Central Valley of CA is our nation's veg pantry and weed will explode here. Couple observations, seems this debate is really between those who have something to loose $ vs gain after legalization. Also, anyone try to tell you that potent MJ is the gateway, BS. Potent weed keeps you from moving on....respect.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
pay the fucking 25 dollars for a rec ?????... its a lot cheaper than the alternative when legalization starts....yeehaw...either way trout aint ever gonna be OUT....smell it biotches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts