What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California will Vote on Recreational Pot in Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
and they will totally screw themselves in the ass without lube.....there will be new almost unlimited funding for enforcement and no incentive to let any kind of grows not paying taxes exist for any reason...law in!!!,,later modified!!! ..you screwed!!!!!!...already seen it...they have already banned growing in areas against 215 like nat city..wanna add more incentive???really...yeehaw

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I for one am looking forward to moving our personal grow into the California sun! Central Valley of CA is our nation's veg pantry and weed will explode here. Couple observations, seems this debate is really between those who have something to loose $ vs gain after legalization. Also, anyone try to tell you that potent MJ is the gateway, BS. Potent weed keeps you from moving on....respect.

I don't have anything to gain or lose with this bill. I haven't sold weed in 10 years. I just think the plant and poseesion limits are way too low.

I haven't decided yet if I'll vote for this. I'd pick the Jack Herer Initiative over this, if that was an option on the ballot.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
LEGALIZATION SHOULD BE -

Do what ever the fuck your want with weed, as long as its not near kids and dont drive high....

NO OTHER stipulations, rules, laws or whatever you want to call em...

This IS NOT legalization! This is ONLY a way for whoever(not citizens) to make money, plain and simple...

But the average citizen will be content with the "crumbs" this initiative is throwing at them and vote this shitty initiative into law...

I will still be doing what im doing, not giving a shit about what bullshit they TRY to impose on me....

Personally smoke 3 grams of BHO everyday, how can anyone tell me how much I can consume and have at any time?

My sentiments exactly bro. I've got an even easier bare minimum for what I'll support as legalization that being not a single prisoner for growing, possession, imbibing, whatever. As long as you aren't giving it to kids. There should be nobody in jail period.. Monster energy drinks has more casualties, straight up black coffee has killed people, and yet we have thousands of people in jail for herb RIGHT NOW with no end to the madness in sight, even post "legalization" looks like we'll still see a healthy jail population..

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
what does this mean?

btw central valley is running out of water

They have monster size greenhouses already set and ready to blow up, i actually hope they blow up lol, of course with nobody in them. fuck them, and their what will be nothing but chem based grown pot cause they aren't greedy enough. So greedy they will be pumping plants with chemical based nutes

Back to the ole 6 plants joke huh? So one of the most conservative cities allows 24 under current med ord, Really? Everyone with a turbo cloner and a glimmer in her eye will be swatting this shit like Charles Barkley. 6 plants is ridiculously low. Totally unacceptable. Anyone pushing for this needs to take a good hard look in the mirror and get all spiritual n shit cause this is some halfed ass work I have ever seen

iBogart

Veteran
So I ruffled a few feathers in this thread. Good.

Some here are using cannabis for medical reasons and need more then what this law will allow. Guess what? This law isn't about medical cannabis. Take that fight elsewhere. You wanna enlighten me on your thoughts about how this law will end medical cannabis as we know it? Feel free to share those opinions. These are recreational limits, not medical limits.

The lines are blurred between medical users, current small scale med growers working under current laws, and the weekend warriors. Everybody would settle for different amounts, but one thing we all can agree on is we want legalization that works for the best interests of all involved. And keep in mind, the smokers are in the minority for this vote. Some of you guys forget we have to appeal to a wider audience in order to get our foot in the door. 1996 is a long time ago in a galaxy far away...you know? This shit doesn't just happen overnight. It progresses. Slowly.

The fog of language from this law obscures the reality of a post legal California. I don't think the fuzz will be busting down the doors because your 12 plants over limit. AS long as you're selling with a license, growing with a rec license, I don't see a problem.

This industry needs regulations. The product on the shelves needs to be tested and properly labeled. The growing facilities need to be inspected. All this shit costs money, and some of that money comes in the form of sales taxes. If there's one thing you need to know about california state government, and that's regulations. You guys would have to change the government first before having it all unrestricted and shit. Won't happen in your lifetimes.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
So I ruffled a few feathers in this thread. Good.

Some here are using cannabis for medical reasons and need more then what this law will allow. Guess what? This law isn't about medical cannabis. Take that fight elsewhere. You wanna enlighten me on your thoughts about how this law will end medical cannabis as we know it? Feel free to share those opinions. These are recreational limits, not medical limits.

The lines are blurred between medical users, current small scale med growers working under current laws, and the weekend warriors. Everybody would settle for different amounts, but one thing we all can agree on is we want legalization that works for the best interests of all involved. And keep in mind, the smokers are in the minority for this vote. Some of you guys forget we have to appeal to a wider audience in order to get our foot in the door. 1996 is a long time ago in a galaxy far away...you know? This shit doesn't just happen overnight. It progresses. Slowly.

The fog of language from this law obscures the reality of a post legal California. I don't think the fuzz will be busting down the doors because your 12 plants over limit. AS long as you're selling with a license, growing with a rec license, I don't see a problem.

This industry needs regulations. The product on the shelves needs to be tested and properly labeled. The growing facilities need to be inspected. All this shit costs money, and some of that money comes in the form of sales taxes. If there's one thing you need to know about california state government, and that's regulations. You guys would have to change the government first before having it all unrestricted and shit. Won't happen in your lifetimes.

Listen to me, faggot, THIS LAW DOES LIMIT MEDICAL PATIENTS TO ONE OUNCE, so FUCK OFF.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
There are BRAND NEW authoritarian regulations on MEDICAL GROWS, PERSONAL OR OTHERWISE written quietly among the 60+ pages of this bill.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Bogart, as much as I despise you already, I really want you to go actually read the bull you are supporting. You CLEARLY haven't.

iBogart

Veteran
Listen to me, faggot, THIS LAW DOES LIMIT MEDICAL PATIENTS TO ONE OUNCE, so FUCK OFF.

Not very persuasive my friend. It's hard to give a fuck about you slinging insults like that.

You're the guy who claims to smoke a 1/2 ounce a day right?

What's your medical condition?

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Not very persuasive my friend. It's hard to give a fuck about you slinging insults like that.

You're the guy who claims to smoke a 1/2 ounce a day right?

What's your medical condition?

I no longer care to engage with you dude, you can't really expect me to read your responses when you say things that are patently untrue. Read the fuckin thing, come back. It violates 215 all throughout.

iBogart

Veteran
I no longer care to engage with you dude, you can't really expect me to read your responses when you say things that are patently untrue. Read the fuckin thing, come back. It violates 215 all throughout.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Good luck either way the coin lands. I'm sure you'll find a way to keep up with your 1/2 ounce a day medical routine regardless.

Last edited:

chomedome

It limits you to an ounce on your body when you leave your house. You can keep all the cannabis that your plants produce on your property. Cities can not ban personal indoor grows. I believe green houses can be considered indoor if they are locked and secure

.CULTIVATION: Adults could cultivate up to six plants and possess the marijuana from these plants at their residence for personal use (Sec. 11362.1(3)). No more than six plants per residence. (N.B: this differs from the new limit for medical users under MMRSA, which allows 100 square feet of growing space per patient, with collective gardens of up to 5 patients). All plants and harvested marijuana in excess of one ounce must be (1) kept with the person’s private residence or on its grounds, (2) in a locked apace, and (3) not visible from a public place. (11362.2). Violations of (1) –(3) are punishable as infractions with a maximum $250 fine. Cities and counties may regulate and prohibit cultivation outdoors, but cannot completely prohibit cultivation inside a private residence or accessory structure that is “fully enclosed and secure.” (11362.2(b)).

chomedome

It protects prop 215 although there will be a new 15% excise tax on rec and medicinal. If you get your state card you are exempt from the 8% state sales tax.
MEDICAL USE. - SECTION 5.

The initiative does not alter the protections of the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 (Prop 215) allowing medical use of marijuana (11362.45(i)). Physician recommendations must conform to minimal standards already established under MMRSA and current medical marijuana legislation (11362.712).

ID CARDS: Qualified patients must possess state ID cards if they want to be exempted from the 7.5+% sales tax currently imposed on marijuana sales (34011(g)). However, they will be subject to a new 15% excise tax and a $9.25/ounce cultivation tax. No card is required to enjoy other legal protections of Prop. 215. The cost of the state patient ID card is limited to $100, or $50 for Medi-Cal patients; free of charge for indigent patients (11362.755); this is a reduction from the prevailing fees in most counties. Identifying information in the ID cards is made subject to the Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (11362.713).

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
It limits you to an ounce on your body when you leave your house. You can keep all the cannabis that your plants produce on your property. Cities can not ban personal indoor grows. I believe green houses can be considered indoor if they are locked and secure

(snipped)... All plants and harvested marijuana in excess of one ounce must be (1) kept with the person’s private residence or on its grounds, (2) in a locked apace, and (3) not visible from a public place. (11362.2). Violations of (1) –(3) are punishable as infractions with a maximum $250 fine. Cities and counties may regulate and prohibit cultivation outdoors, but cannot completely prohibit cultivation inside a private residence or accessory structure that is “fully enclosed and secure.” (11362.2(b)).

good information, thank you

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
It protects prop 215 although there will be a new 15% excise tax on rec and medicinal. If you get your state card you are exempt from the 8% state sales tax.
MEDICAL USE. - SECTION 5.

this excise tax does not sit well with me
and how are they determining a value on what im basically giving away?

i know this is a step in the right direction but why does the state have to dip into my providing others with medicine as part of a compassionate collective?

Status
Not open for further replies.