California will Vote on Recreational Pot in Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
but i heard the licenses might be $100,000+

Also what if i have a felony for weed.

Ya regular guys like you and me can not ever think about affording one of these licences...

There IS a reason why they are so expensive,so ONLY big companies can afford them...

You are also in the same boat as I, felons trying to get ahead in the rat race...

If it was a felony for growing, its going to get turned over once its legal, like other legal states. But im sure it had to be for growing only and not other charges that goes along with growing or enhanced charges such as tapping power, manufacturing bho, ect...

Ive looked into trying to expel my felony, its easy to do yourself, ive looked into it. But ANY Government or State checks, they will still show up from what ive read...

chomedome

Legalization is regulation. Even commercial farming of tomatoes is regulated. What you guys seem to want is deregulation. That is not going to happen. Let's be honest. Only reason prices of cannabis are as high as they are is because it is illegal. Prices are going to drop like they have in CO, WA , and Oregon. Even with the high taxes retail prices of cannabis are less than 10 dollars a gram there now

Last edited:

iBogart

Veteran
Ive looked into trying to expel my felony, its easy to do yourself, ive looked into it. But ANY Government or State checks, they will still show up from what ive read...

Welcome to the other side of the internet sword. Got a family member in the same boat. records expunged, but mug shot photos and all the information remain. Just google that poor bastard and it's all there.

chomedome

Under AUMA marijuana felons can still apply for a license.

APPLICANTS WITH PRIOR CONVICTIONS: Licenses may be denied for convictions of offenses “substantially related” to the business, including serious and violent felonies, felonies involving fraud or deceit, felonies for employment of a minor in controlled substance offenses. Except in rare cases, a prior conviction for a controlled substance offense may not in itself be the sole grounds for rejecting a license (26057(b)5). This is a departure from MMRSA, which makes past CS offenses valid grounds for license denial. CS offenses subsequent to licensing are grounds for revocation.

S

Stone House

I really think the Salinas Valley will be one of the places where big investors will be setting up business.

Plenty of water, the soil is so rich it is almost black in some areas.
When I lived there you could dig a hole throw in a bag of quality soil and grow monsters.
The infrastructure is already geared for massive vegetable production.
Once you get away from the coast temps are 75 to 85 most of the May-Oct.
There has already been a move towards vineyards taking over former grazing lands.
Most of the carnation and rose production has moved to south of the border leaving
plenty of huge greenhouses that will be used for marijuana.
The county seems to be embracing this movement, but I bet permits will cost a fortune.
Environmental issues would be very few.
Their congressman Sam Farr was one of the congressmen that pushed and got passed the bill that limited funds to the feds for busting medical marijuana suppliers.
Thousands of field workers live their full time.
Several fertilizer and seed companies are based there.
Yeah, my bet would be the Salinas Valley.

iBogart

Veteran
I really think the Salinas Valley will be one of the places where big investors will be setting up business.

Plenty of water, the soil is so rich it is almost black in some areas.
When I lived there you could dig a hole throw in a bag of quality soil and grow monsters.
The infrastructure is already geared for massive vegetable production.
Once you get away from the coast temps are 75 to 85 most of the May-Oct.
There has already been a move towards vineyards taking over former grazing lands.
Most of the carnation and rose production has moved to south of the border leaving
plenty of huge greenhouses that will be used for marijuana.
The county seems to be embracing this movement, but I bet permits will cost a fortune.
Environmental issues would be very few.
Their congressman Sam Farr was one of the congressmen that pushed and got passed the bill that limited funds to the feds for busting medical marijuana suppliers.
Thousands of field workers live their full time.
Several fertilizer and seed companies are based there.
Yeah, my bet would be the Salinas Valley.

Sounds like a new Steinbeck novel.

chomedome

Also if AUMA passes marijuana cultivation felons will be able to have there felony dropped to a misdemeanor.

RELIEF FOR PRIOR OFFENDERS: Persons previously convicted of offenses that would not be a crime or would be a lesser offense under AUMA may apply to the court for a recall or dismissal of their sentence. (11361.8)

(a) A person currently serving a sentence for a conviction, whether by trial or by open or negotiated plea, who would not have been guilty of an offense or who would have been guilty of a lesser offense under the Control, Regulate and Tax Adult Use of Marijuana Act had that Act been in effect at the time of the offense may petition for a recall or dismissal of sentence before the trial court that entered the judgment of conviction in his or her case to request resentencing or dismissal in accordance with Sections 11357, 11358, 11359, 11360, 11362.1, 11362.2, 11362. 3, and 11362. 4 as those sections have been amended or added by this Act.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Adelanto charging $25/sq ft license fees. Know a couple folks setting up indoor warehouse grows there, which I don't quite get. Ima drop me a small greenhouse with positive pressure swamp cooling and blow them outa the water efficiency wise.
Black market will continue. Most likely will have better weed as well.

iBogart

Veteran
Black market will continue. Most likely will have better weed as well.

It will be so limited in my opinion.

What would you rather buy, a properly tested, labeled, grown in a environmentally conscience facility that is clean and safe? Or some dude growing in his back bedroom and you don't know what the fuck?

chomedome

That is a crazy high tax Adelanto has. Desert Hot Springs too. People are setting up still because they have ran the numbers on the canopy size they seek and still see it as profitable. I think you can have greenhouses there too. I agree blackmarket isn't going anywhere. They guys that know what they are doing and get licenses will have fire. Shoot ,jungleboyz in LA have a 500 lighter fully compliant. Can't imagine them not seeking a license

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
It will be so limited in my opinion.

What would you rather buy, a properly tested, labeled, grown in a environmentally conscience facility that is clean and safe? Or some dude growing in his back bedroom and you don't know what the fuck?
Me and mine grow our own so I could care less what the masses are doing.
:biggrin:

S

Stone House

After thinking about all this I again thought about the Salinas Valley.
When I was a kid in the 1950s , several of the farmers started a co-op and collectively pooled their resources to be able to market, sell and ship their produce.
I think a cooperative like this may be one of the few ways smaller (legal) growers can survive in a market competing with big business.

shasta

"I hope it passes. Last time around, the tide turned in the 2 weeks leading up to the election."

Yup, was set to pass until our Govenator got decriminalization passed. For perspective, the central valley (and Salinas Valley) could easily supply a nation's demand, not just CA. A pound of table grapes grown here sells for a couple bucks and that is profitable on a large scale....see where this is going and why the current $$ makers are concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts