What's new

cali strain scene washed up, what do people want

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Dali - How you gonna dominate a market you have never seen or even been in?? Your only exp with this market(Cali) is what you read here! Unless trolling can be done in 3-d, I think are gonna continue trolling from your rock and continue being insignifigant there as well. Cant beleive it only took you 7 pages to show up and start spouting off about us elitest fake kush growers and your sativa revolution. When you dominate anything other than your computer screen I will stop growing altogether and start playing golf.

Last edited:

kyndone

i see it as i do construction, take the drywall business for example, the price the contractors were charging was always high, middle, and low bid, depending on the contractor, then the market was flooded with (legal, or illegal) imigrants willing to do the jobs for alot cheaper, people who didnt give a crap, hired the cheaper workers, so the "real" contractors were forced to lower their prices to compete, which drove down the whole market, and in todays economic troubles, people are going to be less picky and go with the cheaper buds,( which will drop the whole bud market eventually ) unfortunately, if people are loosing their house, they are not going to buy top shelf nugz, the MJ market is being drove down because people are broke, not just lower\middle class people, but everyone. ( imo ). there are alot more people growing now, than 10 years ago, some really good , and some not so good, but once the price of weed goes down, it will be very hard to get it back up i think.

Burt

Veteran
6K is NE most likely-the $140 quarts make me throw up in my mouth
i don't know whats worse, the prices or the fact that I gave custies mad decent genetics and these fuckers can't even be bothered to pop them-AppalcahiaXsourkush
this hybrid is dank-my buddy popped one of my beans and it looks just like chem with the crown of kush but with the unmistakable rottenish mango from the greencrack coming thru

Burt

Veteran
"I've intentionally stressed half a dozen ECSD Clones over the past year"
if you saw the abuse i put my mom through-you'd be amazed it didn't pop nanners-none
when the nanners did pop in the past-it was all due to the power strip light-no joke
after i taped it up-thanks to you rez-i have never again since seen a nanner-i'd like too-who wouldn't want a stash of their own IBL seeds?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
appalachiaxsourkush sound fuckin nice.can u tell me more about it. i been smokin sourD for years and i would say in the last few years the quality went to shit. smell taste high just not what it was but i would say its do to being commercialized . and wouldnt call the shit i see on every block sour . its bootlegged. rez inever tried ur sour that i know if im sure its fire i never cared to grow sour cause its always available on the block but now i must. ive had unbelievable luck with ur seeds i only popped 2 and didnt have to look any further. but to get to the thread ne of those calistrains still bring top $$ on the ec some ppl actually pay 5-6 hundred a zip for the dankest dank

IC BUDZ

what are you guys talking about Autos are perectly good plants!

For non experienced growers who havnt grown any top notch strains.
personally Im gettin sort of sick of the ever expanding strain scene.
I hope people start getting back into the classics like widow, blueberry,jack herer,bubble gum,AK,Super Silver Haze,big bud,diesel I could keep going on and on forever listing classic strains without listing any of the new ones and i feel like that should be plenty theres still going to be a million and one diffrent pheno types just coming from the orginals. Crosses should simply be (this strain X that strain) It is pretty sweet that there are so many diffrent strains to chose from seemingly infinate flavors and characteristics I just feel that it is getting a little confusing when your tring to use information off some forums when you think the information is about a specific strain which has the same name as yours but has a completly diffrent gentic make up from yours and you (or some newer less experienced grower) comes stumbling upon a boatload of information that they now think is usefull but could actually be bad misleading information. thats just my two cents on the subject

W

whiterasta

If I wanted to grow any to sell I know for a fact local dispensaries would pay at least mid to high 3's and some more for well grown frosty as the north pole SOL Sweet Tooth, there are not many buds with a better bag appeal plus the grapefruity sweet berry funk smell with the anti-depressant happy glowing buzz is all she wrote.

If you guys want something that people desire and will keep coming back for more see if you can get some decent Sweet Tooth cuts going, you will thank me later! :canabis:

SOL Sweet Tooth does not hold a candle to the 1999 Fed Cotton Candy but good luck finding any of that generation except in private stashes. Only genetics I ever bought and the only commercial seed I have been happy with every plant of the 100seed lot I bought yrs ago.
Though that said the last seedbank genes I grew came from BGS a decade ago with some real winners and a pile of hemp from a Sat Dom from the end days.
Best advice is crack dem beans peeps and do the work. In less than a year you should have a unique goody all your own.

dankintosh

all about supply and demand. the market is flooded over there with high end mj

maybe peeps are just getting bored with the same great phenos.. maybe pop some seeds and find something different?

I'm not bored with whats going around because I dont really buy it. But you're right especially in the Bay Area, the market is completely flooded.
and as for poppin seeds... I got a bay area bag seed of some bud that was pretty damn good green. Turned out to be male and I have a buddy with strains that have great genetics so we're hoping to make seeds of something a little different. Maybe:

bay area bag seed X Casey Jones, G13, Trainwreck.

Havent decided yet.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love swt#3 I don't know why all the hate? It has always been good to me in potency,bag appeal,Smell. he loves his swt I see nothing wrong with that.

aligee

Veteran
private elite seed stock find them keepers ie; whitefire aka WiFi!!! medical grade canna at its finest !!!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you are on the top of the mountain sometimes the little peons beneath you have to throw some shit up at you but it always ends up falling back down in their faces due to a simple but often misunderstood force called gravity. Rez can tell you 2 lone haters all about that shit because there always seems to be a hater or two present in the shadow of greatness. Why don't you ask Gypsy Nirvana what is one of his top 3 favorite smokes? :bigeye:

Watch what happens when beans are finally available and everyone is growing Tooth in 6 months. I will put a chunk of primo Sweet Tooth up against just about anything else for overall quality of high, yield, bag appeal, medicinal qualities and the fucking sweet candy grapefruit aroma can't really be beaten unless you only like to smell shit. So fuck you cosmiccowboy eat shit and die smoking shit. :canabis:

Please do go on :)

S

Surfr

i see alot of mediocre buds in the bay area...but i still cant find Sour D in any great quantity. its like 1 here, 1 there, and its always more than 32. some people still get pretty good tickets for their top notch at the clubs.....if your selling indoor for 2800 its probably not that flashy. most growers i know right now are still getting 3-32 for good indoor...and ounces still selling for 25-300, and i know breakdown people still waxing customers 50-60 an 8th no joke....shit i just went to a cannabis club and paid 38 bucks for two measly grams not making that mistake again.

people want that flash right now...that bud that is drippping with frost and is better than all their friends. and they want variety too...OG kush is always a solid winner but theres a few exotics out there like the blueberry headbands and good jack herre sativa crosses but its never in any serious quantity.....the people who pull 10# at a time are fucking with the same GDP or Blue Dream cross because they yeild well and still get 28-32 to the first line of brokers.

theres a cut of Blackberry kush or Purple Bubba Kush (not sure exactly what it is) going around that is pretty sought after. This cut is from a grower who only pulls 3lbs per harvest but he swears he cant give the cut to anybody because of someone up the ladder who is hoarding it. I have seen some of this up in Sacramento going for high ass prices...and this went around San Francisco a couple months back, Jacka and Bern were smoking on it at concerts and it was going for mid-high threes too.
purplebubba002.jpg

Just recently acquired a cut of the highly sought after Blackberry Kush...

Sweet Tooth definitely holds great appeal (to me, at least). I was planning on getting my paws on some Tooth for quite awhile now, but I've got a DP Blueberry pheno that is just as gorgeous and presents a beautiful bouquet of Skittles to your nose.

Trade you a cut, SOTF? :p No TMV, root aphids, or powder mildew, I promise!

S

stickey fingers

SAM SKUNKMAN, SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU, FOR YOUR'E FREE BEES AT SEED BAY AND FOR YOUR'E GENETICS IN THE MED COMMUNITY, IVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF RUNNING HINDO KUSHXSKUNK OAKSTERDAM CUTT,IT IS GREAT ANY MED PATIENT IN CALI SHOULD GIVE IT A RUN IF THERE LOOKING FOR A GREAT SATIVA:D

SPECIAL THANKS SAM SKUNKMAN,GP,OJD
RIP DR JAY

Latest posts

Latest posts