What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cali strain scene washed up, what do people want

David762

Back in the day ...

Back in the day ...

unfortunately, it is my opinion that the cali strain scene is completely washed up....theres nothing new out there and if there was people dont know what is and there is no demand for any strain any more it seems...besides the fact herb in general has lost value, even the most high end kushes are way down, people wont even buy strains like urkle, blue dream, sour d etc anymore....im not a pot broker just a simple grower, but i watch a lot of other big meetings take place and people are turning down every damn thing even totally non merch hazes,...what the hell is it that you people want if youre turning down the best of the best? not a lot of other direction to head besides concentrates it seems and i cant remember the last time i saw someone buy bubble was, i have a half lb right here for last 6 months, bomb sizzle melt and i couldnt give it away. i just want to give the people what the want, so what is it you guys, and gals, want??

Back in the day ... I was happy just to get some Mexican weed (East Coast). California must be a very special place, where even great genetics (compared to Mexican) is ho-hum boring. But I have been around long enough to see your point -- commercialization has pushed the indicas shorter flowering time all out of proportion to their value for MMJ use.

I'm hoping that legalization, whenever it does come, will bring some fresh sativa genetics back into the market. Outdoor cannabis sativa TREES is what I want to see more of, 4, 5, 6 meter tall TREES of cannabis. But I will settle for an indoor grow of haze ... (WTF ever happened to the old school genetics like Panama Red, anyway?)

Darth Fader

first of all, dispensaries blow ...

as for variety- it seems as tho everyone is growing high yeilding indica/kush strains. ...

i need sexy hazes that smell like your dead grandpa's trunk in the attic. i need some old school sativas. i need jack, i need cindy, i need ST. i need some fucking buzzing, excited, euphoric highs. please. thank you.

Wut he said.:headbange

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
right on !!

picture.php

Yup, thats the ticket right there WhoDair ... you & the boys from Mass/Ri/Con thread have got the touch & passion going on ...friendly inspiration on the east side !

Love to see more of this growing in Cali , but rarely see actually ...too many go too big & quality goes in the toilet . Many of the best growers in Cali are imports that bring their passion with them .

But thats :laughing:we call "bag appeal" :biggrin:

well i am finally on the winning side of things. i would like nice nuggets of something that made me high and not burned out. like this from a breeders description:

Our goals with the Jack33 where to combine potency, vigor and aroma,while dispelling the resistance and repeatability of high tolerance during daily use.The jack33 is lightly trippy, bringing laughter quite often, with a sweet spicey grape and haze undertones. Giving a clean and refreshing, happy, hippie high, with an upbeat perma-smile.Very easy to keep short.

i am NOT in need of medical indica to put me on my ass. i would like the above.

i have verry good stoney pot that i have killed with all cloudy trichs but it is all pop corny and nobody wants it no matter what. it is straight indica. even so, it gives high like the above. really up. i love it.

what people SEEM to want here in the pnw is skunk. i have heard about sour diesel and 'cheese' which i dont even know what it is.

my buddy is sitting on 5 to 8 pounds of Papaya, which is what i have started and all i have now. i have had people come here from Idaho and tell me all they would pay is $2700 a pound. and his buds are, unlike mine, GIANT and thick. not so much resin as the pics of stuff i see here but still awesome looking buds i wish i could grow, but i can't. no it aint easy. an my fucking bill is over $300 A MONTH!! i do NOT make enuf to cover my bills by selling this at $200/ounce, which is all i can get for my little buds. lots of competition from BC as well as lots of people growing around here. everybody indoors for the most part. the outdoor crop was all cut too early because of rain made them moldy.

i ordered last week the jack 33 above. it should be here like NOW! (where the hell is it? oh well). the other stuff i ordered was mostly stuff that looked more skunker and crossed with sativa as well). i think the people here want very smelly stuff. an ounce of my friends buds were $200 each. a deal i thought, same as i sell my stuff for. but an elbow is $3000, he wont drop it lower, and that is what the ida-Ho said she would only pay $2700 for, so you do the math on that one.

it is very hard for me to KNOW what people want out there. my main buyer is college age and i am in my fiddies, so i don't hang with the right crowd anymore. the majority of people i know that are my age NEED medical mj for their OH MY GOD THE PAIN I'M IN old ass bodies. i just dont get it, i feel like i did when i was 20 and all i did was try to drink Anheiser Busch dry for 35 years. cry babies! or maybe i should just call myself "lucky as hell" haha

(Whiterasta, that Tiger Bomb is Un Funking Real!!!! (page 2 peeps)

alpo

unfortunately, it is my opinion that the cali strain scene is completely washed up....theres nothing new out there and if there was people dont know what is and there is no demand for any strain any more it seems...besides the fact herb in general has lost value, even the most high end kushes are way down, people wont even buy strains like urkle, blue dream, sour d etc anymore....im not a pot broker just a simple grower, but i watch a lot of other big meetings take place and people are turning down every damn thing even totally non merch hazes,...what the hell is it that you people want if youre turning down the best of the best? not a lot of other direction to head besides concentrates it seems and i cant remember the last time i saw someone buy bubble was, i have a half lb right here for last 6 months, bomb sizzle melt and i couldnt give it away. i just want to give the people what the want, so what is it you guys, and gals, want??

i saw in another thread you've been growing shoreline for 6 years, how well does that sell in cali

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vag, I'm crackin up over here. You've been around a minute, but I've never ran into you.

Now you're everywhere.

I'm tryin to hit up Big-G too, as he's my boy I haven't talked to him in a awhile, and yes, its probably him from CC, he's an old fart. LOL

Havn't seen him round these parts or any other for a bit, so nice to have him back.

Does Romulan x Cotton Candy ring a bell?

Birds of a feather, huh?

I started young, real young.

I remember when REV was Rolan Terroy Him and RC Cola taught me how to grow at the age of 15, haha.

My account at CC is still active.

And, yes, it is him. I remember Big G talking to me about Wraffie more than 10 years ago. I was the pain in the ass kid on the forums back then.

All these guys taught me how to grow over the years.