What's new

cali strain scene washed up, what do people want

bigdaddyc9

Major pain patient here dying for some couchlock indica.Where I live there are 2 kinds of weed.Brick and Hydro and not one person knows what strain it is.Fortunately I have a good friend who hooks me up with Sour D and the like.I am a high energy person who is being ravaged by scripted opiates.I am presently on 480mg of Oxycontin which makes me a power puker every day.I have script for marinol but it is worthless.I am in need of indicas.Guess I will have to import some beans.Peace and send some good weed east...PLEASE! BigD

dasheesh

^^^Just to clarify...I wasn't suggesting that indy users don't legitimately need their meds. I think most people would be better served with a cleaner sativa however...which also relieves pain. Sleeping disorders are a different beast...and even I use weed to sleep at night. What most I'm looking for as a user isn't available however.

Burt

Veteran
If California legalizes,and the Feds stand down,Reservoir Seeds will be there.

have you been strain hunting yourself rez?
i ask because the elites you have are the very ones this thread is speaking of
what direction would you go in? hybridizing your elites?
what we need is 1,000 plus plant counts like the days of old-since this is a logistical nightmare, i can see collectives playing a big part
i love hybrids but they require huge population pools to truly find the killer-above average-yeah-those are easy to find. How many above average plants did a master like sam go through to find the Sk#1?
what kind of sour d would we have right now if the springfield, masshole wooks had picked from a pool of 100 or a 1,000 sour d seedlings?

W

whiterasta

LOL ya been around since dirt Rez, I would hope your there for the golden ring we all been workin' for since the "old days".
PS Got a new sativa landrace to work up. PM me if you want some genetics. I will let you know what the breed is in a pm I am keeping it down low for now but wanted to offer it to you. Would love to do some catching up since the old days of CW,OG and BGS.
WR:tiphat:

W

whiterasta

have you been strain hunting yourself rez?
i ask because the elites you have are the very ones this thread is speaking of
what direction would you go in? hybridizing your elites?
what we need is 1,000 plus plant counts like the days of old-since this is a logistical nightmare, i can see collectives playing a big part
i love hybrids but they require huge population pools to truly find the killer-above average-yeah-those are easy to find. How many above average plants did a master like sam go through to find the Sk#1?
what kind of sour d would we have right now if the springfield, masshole wooks had picked from a pool of 100 or a 1,000 sour d seedlings?

Over the last ten yrs I have correctly bred two strains. Each represents almost 20 generations and up to 1200seeds per generation which were the selection pool run in four rounds of 300.
Each generation was selected for the most promising plants( up to 25/generation and cloned and flowered. Of the 25 three were selected to breed the next generation.
The first yrs were simple back breeding to the mother for phenotype.Subsequent rounds focused on stability and increased trichome production. The result id two very stable strains one which is very early @ 47 days and the other "standard" at ~60.
My next step is to breed into the early strain a full bird sativa, and select for early maturation while back breeding to the Sativa to cement the overall profile. Goal is in 5-7yrs to have a highly stable Sativa dom, which finishes in >80days.
The parentage I will be working with,the Indica dom is fully finished in 47days. The Sativa is a long winded 100days. Using the 1k+ seed selection method and careful back breeding to the Sativa should have a good quality clone in 6generations or ~2yrs.
I got my methods straight from RC Clarke yrs ago and had many knock down drag out fights with Vic High over small number breeding.
All that said I do not know what algorithm Rez is using in his crosses but I can say they have been good work since the late nineties. And since back in the early days he has been on top of the gene pool making bomb crosses.
Not saying no one else is but I have personal knowlege of Rez's work over a near 12yr span and although he seems to polarize things he has produced some mighty fine plants over the yrs.
Just a couple pennies to think on
WR:tiphat:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Now that is what I like to fucking hear! :tiphat:
I will be here still too and blowing clouds of Sweet Tooth pollen at everyone's shit! :bigeye:

JOJO420

Veteran
Well after reading this thread i noticed that some of the advice is somewhat invalid. I am sitting on Organically grown, well trimmed and well cured bud. I have given away tons of samples , everyone says they like it, yet nothing. I get those peeps coming for an 1/8 at at time, maybe once a week. I cannot sell my pounds for shit. IF and its a big IF, I get someone interested in a pound, they want it for CHEAP or they buy an 1/8th and thats that. I have not yet been able to find people that will give me a fair price. Even the clubs love my bud, but wanna pay next to nothing. I am at a loss here.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
two words, easy to pronounce

SWEET TOOTH :party:

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Well after reading this thread i noticed that some of the advice is somewhat invalid. I am sitting on Organically grown, well trimmed and well cured bud. I have given away tons of samples , everyone says they like it, yet nothing. I get those peeps coming for an 1/8 at at time, maybe once a week. I cannot sell my pounds for shit. IF and its a big IF, I get someone interested in a pound, they want it for CHEAP or they buy an 1/8th and thats that. I have not yet been able to find people that will give me a fair price. Even the clubs love my bud, but wanna pay next to nothing. I am at a loss here.

what would you consider fair price?
im going to cali next week just trying to get an idea on what people think is fair or good.

S

SicKSKills

you got it sotf, im gonna source a swth cut and blow it up cause its never been seen before in my area and should dominate the market with its pretty colors and all...siyeeke swth is bammers:wave:

i think rainman gets the point more than most of you, new elite strains are hard to come by as majority of seed being produced today is using genes that are far more washed up than the clones im speaking of. if you think prices are high now youre crazy and good luck buying 400 dollar ounces of SOTF420s legal bammer ass sweet tooth cause youre getting taxed like chumps...

let me be clear, i dont think cali is played out, i think the strain game is... cali is the ONLY place in the usa to live, well besides maybe hawaii, but it is the shit no doubt we just need some new elites to puff on.

JOJO420

Veteran
What is fair????

What is fair????

Fair to me is 28-32. All i keep hearing people wanna spend is low 2's. Grow your own you cheap fucks, otherwise pony up.

M

medfinder

unfortunately, it is my opinion that the cali strain scene is completely washed up....theres nothing new out there and if there was people dont know what is and there is no demand for any strain any more it seems...besides the fact herb in general has lost value, even the most high end kushes are way down, people wont even buy strains like urkle, blue dream, sour d etc anymore....im not a pot broker just a simple grower, but i watch a lot of other big meetings take place and people are turning down every damn thing even totally non merch hazes,...what the hell is it that you people want if youre turning down the best of the best? not a lot of other direction to head besides concentrates it seems and i cant remember the last time i saw someone buy bubble was, i have a half lb right here for last 6 months, bomb sizzle melt and i couldnt give it away. i just want to give the people what the want, so what is it you guys, and gals, want??

You dont know....I mean alot of collectives do not get any meds from members..they do there own grows.

As far as full melt most collectives dont trust anyone with the new restrictions from the cali D.A Mr . Brown.

as for cuts..I have no problem getting 260 an oz for holy grail Og.:wave:

A new cross i did was sour bubble 4 x sour d rez ibl..canr wait to do run of these..

ODTreez

id gladly pay 28-32 for good bud....hell id even pay 35 if i didnt have to keep pickin up locally and being disappointed.

S

SicKSKills

yea people asking for shit in 2s, i tell em you gotta get cartel weed or go to canada for that. i personally cant accept less than 33 and thats for commercial type strains, 4 for kush firm.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
It seems every harvest (2 months) the price gets knocked a few bucks.

It was 3600 - 3800 for a while (i remember being being shocked b/c it broke the 4000 threshold which was always a fantasy back east, those # got to 5600 for some dutch passion)

then it was 3400 - 3600... ummm ok... i guess i'll take that.. <--- bad move.

then it was 3200 ish

i swear we are looking at 3k to move top shelf fast.

It's crazy and not necessarily bad b/c 1) weed should be cheap but 2) then political environment is more lax. Less risk, more people doing it ...cheaper prices. AND although a lot of the growers out there are still on their (minimum) 5 year learning curve and are just happy to get anything for their bud.. hence the low prices.

As far as strains that are taking in top dollar right now it nothing new. People are still on the OG kick just the price for all grades has been knocked.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
btw, i would happily pay double for a 120 day sativa then a 60 day indy.. but thats just me... and almost no one else so you don't see it in the shops.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran

if you cant get at least three its probably not that flashy. like i said alot of regular indoor homegrowns around right now..like frosty, good trim, decent smell, but nothing special or exotic. if a broker or dealer looks at your pound and sees that he can easily sell it for 250 an OZ he will pay 3k all day. if its only mediocre bud that sells for 200 an OZ then he can only pay low twos for it. alot of zones on the street, for good indoor only fetches 220. to get the 250+ up range you need flashy stuff like Kush or really frosty purps.

Latest posts

Latest posts