What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cali strain scene washed up, what do people want

Hydropimp

Veteran
Where am at every1 and there mother grows so its hard to get bread unless you have some nice shit. A lot of people out here grow by days 60 or 90 but the funny shit is their bud is never fully ripe and taste like shit. MOve out of cali to much competition or like buddy above said make your own and don't let it get out.

S

SicKSKills

im in sonoma county and strains like sweet tooth would not even be looked at unless it going for 28, only name brand clone onlys move and thats what is still struggling, come bring your best colored bubbas urkles etc and see if you get more than 32 for em, after youve sat on em for a few weeks and are desperate to get rid of them, my bet is not a chance.... ive currently switched my whole garden to a really bomb ogk and it does still move but its a hard cut to grow and i have to have very high plant count numbers to get the results i want out of it, where if i threw in some blue dreams i typically get atleast a half lb per light more than the og, with half the plant count, but they will sit here for months if they ever do move and im talking dialed well grown hand made quality shit here.

i suppose it is all about who i know but its hard to meet people that can move things when they have more herbs to get rid of than i do and the non locals coming out are getting super bullyish. whatever happend to the days when the grower set the price. i dont want to hear supply and demand because anyone that is a small end consumer will tell you 90% of things out there are mediocre at best. yea the market is flooded....with crap mexi cartel autoflowers, like greyskull has apptly mentioned, aswell as noob grown garbage that come from a lot of oldschool follks that are strapped for cash and will sell indoor lbs for 1500 just cause they need money... not dank bomb kushes,chems and hazes. the market was not this skewed a few years ago, and we need to regain balance and grow demand for quality and push out super large scale commercial growers that are past the 500lb club or more than 40 lights

ass2mouth

Looks like a nanner but is a little end leaf that is torn loose and turned yellow
picture.php

"babe.... my dick isnt small, it just LOOKS small because of my huge pubes"

:moon:

Y

Yankee Grower

seeds do seem like they are making a comeback out here
Nice to know peeps that know peeps that have a huge freezer filled with old school genetics that will take a lifetime to sort through :)

R

R3ZNH3AD

What about strains like this...:biggrin:

Attachments

• P7250001.jpg
    P7250001.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P7250002.jpg
    P7250002.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 11
  • P7250003.jpg
    P7250003.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 15

Brastaman

change your strains. you're growing the same CLONES that everyone else is. businesses can only take on so much inventory of the same product. And customers are gonna have so many channels to acess the same CLONE product that the price will come down and people will look for something different.

i've gotten hard core OGkush/GDP heads and turned them on to Malawi crosses, haze crosses, Godbud crosses that they demand from me that's all they want.

Sometimes people don't know what they want till you show them what they can have.

W

whiterasta

"babe.... my dick isnt small, it just LOOKS small because of my huge pubes"

:moon:

LOL I know,I know Really looks like one ,eh? I assure you it isn't though:watchplant: Had some plants get leaf tip burn and it is the tip of one poking out with a new pistil over it. My daughters cam would have shown it clearer. here she is a couple weeks before harvest
picture.php

picture.php

Fat buds, trichs and yields of 1.25lb/Kw in low maint. organic mix up to 1.15g/W in hydro w/CO2. It ain't God but you can feel him in it.
WR:tiphat:

trickcomanche

Look for somethin Strong. As in potent and with a lil collor too. My people like strong meds that taste good. From what ive smoked round here its all bout bag apeal, which I think is BS. Run some Herrijuana or simmilar. Or Arcata Trainwreck, strong and tasty.

Trick

erbium

Everything is about to get cheaper too- outdoor harvest time is right around the corner. Herb is usually more money this time of year.

This is a great sign to me, a med patient.

SmilinBob

About time crazy pot prices plummet.

Specialty stuff that no one has or can get is where it's gonna be. Supply and demand works well if you control the supply.

Back off the commercial stuff, and make something that no one has. Like many others before me has said.

Relentless

Veteran
About time crazy pot prices plummet.

Specialty stuff that no one has or can get is where it's gonna be. Supply and demand works well if you control the supply.

Back off the commercial stuff, and make something that no one has. Like many others before me has said.
read his post again man, he said urkle and other top notch strains.. i think peeps are just getting bored with the same clones..

time to pop some beans and find something unique.

Dnutz

This is happening in CO as well. However there are new hybrids popping up in dispensaries everywhere, every day! Recently I have been noticing a strain circling the clubs called pink pez... at least people are getting creative... or they are lacking... I have been producing quality harvests for a while now (over my noob days) and I cant move any of it to save my life... the occasional bag here and there is about all I can move... No elbows, not even quarters... people just are not buying in bulk anymore. It would be wise for all of us growers to slow up the supply to create demand. It seems like all alot of novice growers care about anymore is quantity, which I "was" guilty for as well up until a couple grows ago. The fall of inflation and greedy prices is upon us growers, unless we do something about it, so lets do just that!

markscastle

I been seeing a larger demand for Sativa and Sativa crosses lately.Seems people are starting to get tired of indica strains.Bag appeal is also a must but some really good stuff doesn`t have the greatest bag appeal so people pass it up.A couple years ago I grew some real dank indoor but couldn`t sell it because I had to charge more than the going price locally.I found most of my customers were selling mid grade and then buying my stuff for there personal stash.About 85% of my customers were dealers! I think the economy has a lot to do with the price you can get.People just don`t have the dough these days so they settle for mid grade to save money.There also seems to be more and more people growing but most of the stuff is low to mid grade.And yes you can get a better price on the east coast but I just don`t have good conections out there.