What's new

Bubba Kush

Marn

Nice thread, VG!
Also, if you have something other than Katsu or Pre-98 BUBBA...then let us know what you are working with, and the back story that goes with it. Like the '76 being posted. What's that all about? Nice looking plant...certainly looks Bubba / old school Afghan, but what are we looking at other than a nice plant...please share!!! ;)

Keep 'em coming!

dank.Frank

That's exactly what it is. I'm assuming it's the Pre 98 cut crossed with what a breeder that doesn't vend around calls a Pre 76 Afghan male. I've never grown Bubba before but from pictures it looks my B'76 is more stout than the Pre98 cut, all the sidebranches stick close to the main stem, slow in veg and doesn't look like it's going to yield much. But they're both very frosty, pretty plants and they smell great with #1 being a bit more fruity and #2 more earthy/kushy. They're at 6 weeks, grown in coco under a 400w. Wish I could get my hands on a legit Pre-98 cut but this will do for now as Bubba seems to breed true.

I'm not even that huge of a Indica fan but Bubba is the real deal.
:dance013:

S

Simon Templar

Killer kushy smell indeed. true classic.

I must try this strain out. The pictures look truely amazing! :jawdrop:
I'm particularly curious what the buzz feels like.
I was always a fan of c. indica ;)

Greets,
Simon

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the bubba 76 looks very much like the bubba x Deep chunk cross i made - much more leafy than the bubba cut (which has quite a high calyx to leaf ratio for a 'kush' )
looks nice though.

VG

I

ickybuds2012

From what I know...there are old timers that KNOW what Bubba Kush is, but they sure aren't telling. What I have been told and can verify, the mother of LA Confidential, was the same mother to Bubba Kush...fwiw...no clue on the male.

dank.Frank

:wave:

mr.frank loving your pics ~! placed 1 up for potm :blowbubbles:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4889954#post4889954

quite interesting , i've been searching and i cant seem to find an answer so i figured i could ask you .. what was the mother used on the breeding of L.a.con & BubbaK ?

peace :tiphat:

Lifebreather

Veteran
I like bubba. Don't love her, but do like her just fine.

I've found giving her flower nutes throughout her life cuts down on her leafy attributes...but that's just a cursory observation...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8190.jpg
    IMG_8190.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8191.jpg
    IMG_8191.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 28

Rusty420

Could bubba be the afghan in the blue lines??? he got his ghani from boel, so, it happened in cali probably so geographys on point..? :chin:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Here was my Pre98 Bubba.

I wish I could find one word to describe the smell & taste....It was one of the Loudest, sweet, spicy, hashy, fragrant smells of all time...imo

This stuff would blow my head off with one of those roors (two foot chambered bongs with ice cubes)....talk about tunnel effect, and vibrating like a train on exhale,....I felt like Guineapig on his Sour Diesel smoke report....I had to follow the THC with all my past experiences and training from my old school days,...it stretched my brain in all directions.

desi

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave:

mr.frank loving your pics ~! placed 1 up for potm :blowbubbles:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4889954#post4889954

quite interesting , i've been searching and i cant seem to find an answer so i figured i could ask you .. what was the mother used on the breeding of L.a.con & BubbaK ?

peace :tiphat:

:shucks:

Thank you! She really gets dark when she gets cold! Mostly leaves, and on the tips of the flowers...but I do enjoy eyeballing her heavy in the room...hehehe! :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Rusty420

So, next question, is this 'sativa' traits in the bubba to make Peyote purp, or just a thin leaved adapation to climatic pressure producing a thinner leaf?? :chin:

it could easily be a tiny percentage of somthing in it, but it musta been long ago in its life as a line..(has the Chunk of Deep throw out thin leaves at any point in online history?):chin:

Interesting note, i happend to come across a pre98 bubba cut somplace and its now in veg..funny that, so might be able to compare the terpenoids of the bubba to some x's of the chunk of the deep and this bc purpur kush one day..:D

Black Bubba OG (pre98 bubba x blackberry kush x OG kush)

Black Bubba OG (pre98 bubba x blackberry kush x OG kush)

Black Bubba OG (pre 98 bubba x black berry kush x og kush)

this is my 3rd time through it....what i have found out...needs a long veg 4 + weeks....hardly any streach in flower.....I have cut it at 8 weeks, 9 weeks, and 10 + weeks....way better at 10 + weeks....really frosts up and purples the last few weeks....smell is aweswome....pepper, coffee, mocca, earthy, kushy, with the OG lingering musty mouth watering smell.

The yield in dissapointing...and still tweeking it...like .75 gpw....
have not really gotten it to stack...and if I could do that easily hit the yield I am looking for.....

There is just lots of space between buds...not sure how to fix that part....

I use soil with all OMRI nutrients....tables in SOG under 1000K.

The high is just unreal....and would love to master this strain....

PurpleblackbubbaogBT.jpg

B

bocil

Peyote Purple is not a katsu cut Bubba.Charlie garcia speaking about the Peyote Purple in his room (ICMAG-Cannabiogen)

Delicious and spectacular hybrid originated in US of stimulant and uplighting indica effect. It is harvested in 8-9 weeks. Sweet aromas, incence, earth with touches of mango, metalic and shampoo. Is a fantastic high quality resin producer. Its been developed several generations from an isolated purple pheno segregated from Bubba Kush. Due giving a few mails in its offspring, line is offered as regular seeds, 10 seeds per pack but results tell about a very extremelly high average of females.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if it's 'segregated' from bubba kush, that implies that its from a bubba S1.

so its an S1 of an S1 of bubba ? i thought i read that it was from the katsu cut but cant be sure of that.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts