What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some Pre-98 freezing her leaves off in 58-62 degree night temps @ 35 days in:

ORGANIC, soil that is, of course. :tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Who wants to argue environment? hehehe! ;)

Props to all the Bubba lovers...she is grand!

dank.Frank

Last edited:
I find it interesting that many feel that there is no bubblegum in bubba...yet Sour Bubble seems to be the closest thing is in seed form to Bubba.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it interesting that many feel that there is no bubblegum in bubba...yet Sour Bubble seems to be the closest thing is in seed form to Bubba.

Tom Hill made an interesting post about bubba genetics in a different thread. kind of in line with my theory and others that it is an old afghani line or similar.

What these folks don't realize is when someone who understands genetics grows out S1's of Bubba, or Sourd, etc, etc, etc, and it breeds fairly true it shoots to hell their BS story's regarding the genetic make-up of said plant/s. Anyway, there is just no way Pre98 or Katsu are F1's NL or otherwise -no way. This is not to say that there is zero variation to be found in these lines, but relatively little to be sure.

i'm spraying a bubba with some CS atm - looking forward to some S1's if all goes well...

VG

Rjstoner

i used to think that way until i grew a few strains with bubble gum heritage and the leaves are very similar to the bubba so im starting to thing it just might be part of the equation

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i used to think that way until i grew a few strains with bubble gum heritage and the leaves are very similar to the bubba so im starting to thing it just might be part of the equation

perhaps it's the other way round?? bubba could be the 'afghan' that was crossed with the sativas to start the bubblegum line ??

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the bubba itself is a little slow to veg. but not that slow. basically, in soil, they stop growing as soon as the roots hit the side/bottom of the pot - so you need to keep repotting them quite early and they do ok. interestingly Deep Chunk does exactly the same.

VG

Rjstoner

the bubba itself is a little slow to veg. but not that slow. basically, in soil, they stop growing as soon as the roots hit the side/bottom of the pot - so you need to keep repotting them quite early and they do ok. interestingly Deep Chunk does exactly the same.

VG

yeah bubba veg times are slow even in big pots aswell.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I have grown out 5 odd packs of the GHS Bubba over the last 2 years, lovely stuff, it is surprisingly consistent, echoing Toms quote in VG's post.

There is another thread on it from Jim Rockford where he speculated that the S1's may have more vigour than the pre 98 clone, it would be very interesting to hear the definitive answer.

S

SmokeMan

Gotta love Bubba's killer odor and smoke. Her aroma is so intoxicating that when you smell bubba u know its bubba. Killer kushy smell indeed. true classic.

Attachments

• 0034.jpg
    0034.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 0049.jpg
    0049.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 0056.jpg
    0056.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 23

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice thread, VG!

Loving the pics everyone...

What I'm NOT liking...is those posting up non-bubba looking hybrids...lol

Also, if you have something other than Katsu or Pre-98 BUBBA...then let us know what you are working with, and the back story that goes with it. Like the '76 being posted. What's that all about? Nice looking plant...certainly looks Bubba / old school Afghan, but what are we looking at other than a nice plant...please share!!! ;)

Keep 'em coming!

dank.Frank