What's new

Browntrout's Blueberry Fields! 4 Blueberry IBL's! + MOB

S

sourpuss

That could be a great pair with the silver skunk bx.... just a thought... blueberry cheesecake according to med man....

Heres something interesting...

"Just a thought on blueberry. When it first came out in the '90s, someone gave me some.
I smoked it and got a mental printout of the pedigree. BBxSK1 X NL5xSK1."

Nevil

Kinda explains the skunky phenos and the yield on the original blueberry. Since big bud was in there. Although all r good yi3lders.... guess dj might not agree.. would love to run this by dj and see what he says....

S

sourpuss

Not gonna derail this thread. Enjoyin the show browntrout! Big blueberry fan!

Blueberry yum yum!

Blueberry yum yum!

So out of all of your 87 blueberry's, which one had the best smell/taste?

I too have been on a quest to find a great BB strain. I find it fascinating how a completely unrelated species of plant can have such a similar smell/taste. Unfortunately, its proven way harder to find a good BB than I expected.

I tried the bb from Sagamartha's with less than desirable results; one hermied bad, and the other had no bb smell and poor quality.

I then tried JOTI bb, which also had less than desirable results. Only popped a few seeds at a time, just to see if it was worth sprouting out the whole lot, and glad I only did a few. Both females lacked in presentation and smell, don't think im goin to bother trying the last 6.

Ive now moved on to DJ's original BB version. I decided from the beginning that I would do a back cross as soon as I found a male and female, given how much it would probably cost in the long run to find a winner pheno. Just chopped the fully flowered out male after it had been pollinating the female for 4-5 weeks. I collected some pollen and have it stored in the freezer, and made a few clones of him..in case he's needed again in the future. The seeded female has a nice layer of frosting and has a sweeter smell than any other brand of bb ive tried already. Cant wait to break them flowers apart and try some! Hopefully this bx will yield some nice bb variations.

browntrout

Veteran
No worries sourpuss. Havn't got there yet Dabass. The Joey weed BB seems nicest so far but the peak and GPS are only in early flowering where as the Joey Weed is over half way through.

Certainly look forward to your results! Have you seen any good female phenotypes from JOTI's bb, or is it still too soon to form an opinion?

browntrout

Veteran
All the females were eaten, none of the JOTI males wanna drop their load. Most of JOTI males where quite synonymous with the other blueberrys except the one I'm posting a picture of.

browntrout

Veteran
JOTI BB male

JOTI BB male

More frosty than any male I've grown outdoors.

Attachments

• 20140914_102357 (2).jpg
    20140914_102357 (2).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 11
S

sourpuss

Nice balls:) kepeer pollen for sure bro! Skunky afghan odour with tight balls....

green path

BT,

all females got munched, or just a certain set? I hope not all of them!

for the males, it's common in these guy's lines for the males to go wacky, and in that I mean sterile males, balls drop off.. name of the game I say in short.. I'm sure some are going to say in-breeding, but...

GP

browntrout

Veteran
Yeah The Joey weeds were fat, chunky and full of powder. The GPS and JOTI BB basically just had their balls fall off, I did get some rom the GPS.

No not all got munched, but most of em besides the big GPS blues got hurt very hard by frost, good thing JW BB are basically done.

Starting to like Peakseeds more as buds developed pretty sure frost fucked em though.

BT

green path

HAHA, they got chopped.. from what I know the joey weed spawns maybe before he lost his male, so it should be a little different then the others.. but also who knows with billions of pollen grains flying everywhere what ends up what... also I have no clue how others do, all I know is my process..

if your interested I have another round of BB seed that is different then the one you are growing now, as that is all gone / been distributed.. would not mind sending you some , let me know in PM if so...

so I am very interested in any plant pics you have.. of course how "mine" are doing for future experience / knowledge... but I love this thread going on with all things BB.. keep it going BT

talk to ya soon

GP

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks gps, I am interested to see the 3 big bb's of yours come up. They are unfortunately as the other.bb's a bit slow in bud. Getting very frosty mind you.

Bt

browntrout

Veteran
Outdoor growing these strains is quite the challenge.

Some Gps bb, very beautiful strain. Hoping they can finish.

Attachments

• 20140921_174948.jpg
    20140921_174948.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9
  • 20140921_174527.jpg
    20140921_174527.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 11

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Looking good trout.

Got a BS 2.2 OD and theres no way its gonna finish in time. Got 2 indoors and they've been going for 3 months!

S

sourpuss

So those silver skunks r going cheesy.... which I guess is good or what its supposed to do..... pretty strong odour getting thru my filter.... its old too but weird coincidence....

The Revolution

Veteran
I was passed some Blueberry seeds back in 2002 or so.. I grew them out and got some outstanding results. The Plants were short and stout, but with long fingered, sativa like leaves. I had to actually bring them indoors to finish as the days were getting cold, and we had some frost. But they just kept packing on the trichs, the leaves were dark green with a blue hue to them, and so frosted over with trichomes. They had a very strong distinct blueberry smell. After harvesting and drying they would actually stick to a vertical surface like glue, and the blueberry taste was dead on. I dont know where the seeds were sourced, as they were literally just handed to me by a grower I had run into in Buffalo New York. All i was told is they were Blueberry, and enjoy.. All of the plants were very similar, and all fems. I took clones but sadly lost them about a year later.. Wish I would have known more about breeding then, as I would have selfed or hybridized with an afghani or something. Ive grown the dabney blu for years, its decent but nothing like this blueberry. The second best blueberry I had grown was a blueberry x Northernlights. The berry smells and taste were dead on. I think these were done by a smaller private breeder, and Im not certain which Blueberry he used, but its likely it was the dabney blu as it was being passed around quite a bit back then..

Always interested in these BB comparison grows, as Ive been after that old school blueberry for 10+ years now myself. Ive not found what Im looking for, but am still in pursuit. Its a shame when we run into these once in a lifetime plants, but dont realize what we have til its gone. I think so many ppl are geared toward mass hybridizing everything they can get their hands on, when we really need to focus on preserving these treasures for future gens.
I wish you luck in your hunt browntrout, hope you are able to find what your looking for. I know that true blueberry is still out there, just gna take some searching. There's ppl somewhere sitting on the clone.