What's new

Browntrout's Blueberry Fields! 4 Blueberry IBL's! + MOB

browntrout

Veteran
I've been searching the house looking for the MOB beans, Can't find em! BB's are doing well. Durban x PCK are flowering outdoors lol (semi-autos and very purple). Will be interesting to see. Thanks for the info on the MOB. Any berry flavors in the MOB?

BT

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im ashamed to say ive never had a good blueberry.

Blueberry is one of my favs. DJShorts. But with my asthma, I had to stop smoking it. I had to mix it with other strains in order to enjoy the BB taste and smells without my lungs closing off.

Looking good BrownT!
On with the show............

Highcountry

Any berry flavors in the MOB?

BT

The mob has some berry flavour but it's different. Smells/tastes fruity, with a little skunk/diesel in some. It's very nice. You won't be dissapointed! This is the s2 mob I'm talking about too. Not the clone. The most berry strain I've had was next generations blue dynamite. If you can find beans of that stuff grab it. It's really nice. Especially outdoors. I gave a cross of it to Harold. Hope he gets some to pop! Harry, this is Ganji from UDG btw. I go by a different handle here at ic. Keep the pics coming BT. And thanks for sharing!

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks for the info and kind wishes everyone, I purchased Pro-Mix garden soil mix in bags as a test for my in ground soil and it seems to be working very well. It is amended with mycorrhizae and has proven to create some very healthy root growth, however above ground the plants are slowly becoming healthier.

Unfortunately we have had some near frost temps at night and the plants have suffered a little loss in vigor as a result.

BT

harold

:) Ive popped all of the uel x bd and most have come up, ill be checking them again soon... ill let you know how many.

thanks again HC :) maybe ill get to taste that berry now!

ps 5 out of 10 uel x blue dynamite are up

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
So far Joey Weeds BB have the best smell when stems are rubbed, it's like a fruity floral bubblegum kind of, where as the others smell of a more robust hybrid smell.

GPS (DJ) BB

picture.php

Purple Peak's

picture.php

JOTI Indy dom BB's

picture.php

Joey Weeds Sat dom BB

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
Greetings folks,

Haven't been on much since my computer crashed but I will upload pics as soon as possible.

Update:

2 plots with BB's from each breeder. One is doing well with the exception of only joti males while the other plot I have not been too since planting.

JOTI

Indica in leaf appearance, mostly green stems, kush-like smells when stem is rubbed. Some variation.

Joey Weed

Sativa/ early hybrid appearance, soft floral fruity smells when stem is rubbed. Good vigor, almost all green stems. Little variation

Peakseed

All purple stems, fat Indica leaf and relatively squat, heavy serrations, typical robust smell when stem is rubbed, good vigor seems to be growing fast after root ball. Little variation.

GPS - DJ short F2

All purple stems, mostly sativa leaves, mega stretch, little branching, very good vigor but nothing that will result in big yields. Robust smell when stem is rubbed, Indica pheno seems fruity. Little variation.

browntrout

Veteran
Joey Weed
picture.php

Peakseed
picture.php

Joti
picture.php

GPS
picture.php

This is my favorite gps/DJ pheno, very Indica compared to others gps F2.

Wish I had more joti at this plot, very Indica and kush like. Peakseed is very Indica as well. GPS and Joey Weed are most sativa in appearance even though the Peakseed and gps are most similar.

green path

BT!!!

hey amigo.

love this thread you have going, wow lots of plants!!!

man have fun with all those plants, either you love BB, your on a quest to love BB or who knows, have fun any way shape or form .. any questions just holler, I'll check in though.

HAVE FUN

GP

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All is looking great BT, I got 1 dj/gps blueberry about 6 weeks in flower smells AMAZING super fruity/berry-ish the growth pattern looks almost idenicle to JW bb but the JW i thought smelled more floral & not quite as sweet. really digging your thread cant wait to see what yours come out like.

browntrout

Veteran
Unfortunately the 2 or 3 JOTI Blueberrys I have left are males. But I will be breeding with them and plan to run more when the upcoming progeny of these blueberrys are tested.

GPS thank you, I have always held blueberry in high regards but never have I had the chance to test it in unhybridized form, so in turn I figured I might as well do it right!

Icon

Thanks for stopping by, I have some Gps BY that have really taken off in the past week and will no doubt be taller than myself by then end of it. Very happy to here you got on the fruity side of things, as I have always enjoyed the fruity smells in cannabis over most others.Please post your plant so I can reference the pheno!

BT

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here she is only about a little over a foot tall & at 6 weeks bloom & looks almost done to me i think its going to be done 8 weeks. the smell just keeps getting better with each day im pretty sure im going to re-veg it & cross it to LMI on the next grow i just got to lol. smells like some kind of super fruity bubblegum or something.

it grew kind of slow & the buds are dense like an indica not rock hard but it might end up that way in a few weeks.
I fed it the same amount of nutrients that i feed my indicas some days i just use water never showed any signs of deficencies.
she was grown in a 1 gallon smart pot in coco under a 250 hps mostly but recently i had to switch to 192w t5's because of weather starting to get really hot. Theres a little purpling in the stems & im sure if it was cold here (its 90+F during the day lights are off) it would have purple leaves atleast on the underside. I'll re-veg it & run it this early winter & we'll see if it will color up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Very nice Icon! I think you'll be suprised by the quality of the T5, they tend to be on the safe side of thigns where the HPS can get hot and produce airy buds with little trichs.

As for the purple stems I am surprised that they are so green out of 30 seeds I have no green stemmed plants which seems to be the norm in heavily inbred lines. I have 3 of the GPS/DJ in one big hole and are growing very rapidly with massive fan leaves, Blueberry like Devil from Mr.Nice needs to have a big rootball before they are really vigorous.

Looks very good and I hope to have a similar pheno in my batch.

Seems most of the JW BB's are males and only about 2 are females. DC x Blueberry would be an amazing hybrid IMO.. All of cannacopias gear have the right amount of DC influence it seems, Enough to make them very indica but also allow a boost in taste/smell from the donor plant.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Cant wait to see how theyre looking now. Did you ever find those MOB seeds? Really interested in those having grown the clone.
Someones description of it being somewhat skunky/berry is right. Like wild berries, tart and more of mixed wild berries rather than just the sweet of cultivated highbush blueberries.

Ive got a JW BB x C99 f2 male hitting up 2 Blue Sat 2.2 and SLH.

Bring on the pics, supertrout!

relic1981

Veteran
pulling up a chair. ive been searching for a good blueberry for years with no luck. i recently cracked about 25 ganja rebel's bluberry muffin f3's so im hoping i find what im looking for... ive ran so maany BB strains in search of that early nineties/ to mid to late nineties dank blueberry strain that smells and tastes just like bluberry muffins. ive run about 15 cuts of diff bb strains, one being a cut of dj shorts BB mom (he did a norcal dispensary tour about 5-6 years ago, probably longer, and gave out cuts of all his gear. i was disapointed... i ran peak seeds bb from seed and found a good mom in that project but after a couple of rounds it just wasnt what i wanted. closest ive gome is a cut of "bluecross" which was dank and also a bbdiesel . it wasnt what i was looking for but i loved it because it was dieselish with a touch of blue:) now the closest thing i have is blue magoo which is good just not great.

icon those bud shots look great. not much of a yeilder though huh? ill take quality over quantity anyday, all day. keep it up guys, "lookin good boys"(chief wiggums)

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well the plant is only about 12 inches tall & its been switching between a 250 hps & 192 w t5 the buds are starting to get rock hard for the size of plant & lights im using ide say it looks like it could be a pretty good yielder, i may re-veg her,take clones & run her again under 400w hps this fall.

The buds are starting to get sort of a chocolate smell to it a lot like some afghans ive grown but still very fruity when i rub the trich covered leaves now at 7 weeks.

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks Wildgrow! Yes I did actually find them, I've got 20 MOB beans ready to go around with next years BB hybrid studs. MOB from what I understand must be a PCK hybrid, it has the trade mark pink/purple from some clones and the MOB s2's as well.

Thanks for sharing relic, I am very interested in the blue muffin as well and may run some more JOTI BB next year with the MOB's and maybe even a pack of the BB muffins as well. I know peak can get the trade mark BB muffin smell if grown in the right conditions.

Looking forward to seeing her at 8 weeks Icon, keep up the good work!

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
here you go i posted these on gps thread too blueberry 8 weeks im going to chop at 9
picture.php

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
Lookin good brother, you'll have a few foxtails by the end of it. Most of my BB's look like they're starting to flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts