What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brothers grimm durban xx grow day 2 12 12.

oldmaninbc

I have no idea I'm assuming bc of it's pine smell and taste. We never had big name cultivars where I'm from..I live in Alabama in the country. So basically I only had/
have access to these local strains. This is one of em. Still to this day like that, marijuana is still very illegal here. Just a bunch of good ole boy smokers hahaha. No big name medical strains or access really unless I drive to Florida, which is fine. Ive gown a few California big name strains too but these local ones are more fun.

I have a couple vegging out, just waiting for a male to pollinate them later on. And I will be giving away some to people that are interested in growing it. Probably do better in a hybrid anyway. I did give a few to a member so I'll try an get his pictures whenever they get going.

Bronsolino how's that plant doing? Plz share a picture, I have one more seed as well of the durban nights. Just smoked the last of it, and it really does have a great long lasting effect. Not quite the smell I was looking for however. Very kitchen cabinet herb terps. I wanted incense terps so no biggie.

Oh heres that lavender kush dry now.. I can't remember if this is a local cultivar or not. I have 15 more seeds of this coming, if anyones interested lmk I can spare 5 or so. There reg seeds

View attachment 18983270
Local strains can be every bit as good if not better than popular strains. I have sampled quite a few.

I lived in a small town on the CDN & US border for 30 years. Citizens from both sides of the border would mingle in various locations, pubs, stores, laundromat and local parties. I would get to sample strains from the US, especially northwest strains and Cali strains. It also worked in the other direction with BC strains finding their way to the US. I don't live in that area any longer but I am still within a short drive to the border. My partner she is a US citizen duel Canadian citizen. I am unable to cross the border because of an old cannabis possession charge. Years gone by it was much simpler to cross the border.

After almost 15 years of being able to grow legally, it's not hard for me to forget many don't have the same opportunity. For this next year I can grow up to 20 medicinal cannabis plants at a time and 4 recreational plants as all BC citizens can do.

When I was a small boy and my grandfather would take us to a local airport and we would watch the planes landing and taking off. My great grandfather was born before there were airplanes and before he died they were going to the moon. Enjoy your air show.

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Local strains can be every bit as good if not better than popular strains. I have sampled quite a few.

I lived in a small town on the CDN & US border for 30 years. Citizens from both sides of the border would mingle in various locations, pubs, stores, laundromat and local parties. I would get to sample strains from the US, especially northwest strains and Cali strains. It also worked in the other direction with BC strains finding their way to the US. I don't live in that area any longer but I am still within a short drive to the border. My partner she is a US citizen duel Canadian citizen. I am unable to cross the border because of an old cannabis possession charge. Years gone by it was much simpler to cross the border.

After almost 15 years of being able to grow legally, it's not hard for me to forget many don't have the same opportunity. For this next year I can grow up to 20 medicinal cannabis plants at a time and 4 recreational plants as all BC citizens can do.

When I was a small boy and my grandfather would take us to a local airport and we would watch the planes landing and taking off. My great grandfather was born before there were airplanes and before he died they were going to the moon. Enjoy your air show.
Cool wish I lived up there, beautiful area! I'm jealous, here's some more shots as the plant fades. First plant is bubblegum.

20240406_115325.jpg

20240406_071442.jpg
20240406_071435.jpg
20240406_071419.jpg

Last edited:
Here she is a couple days ago. Today is Day 68 and I’m thinking I’ll chop sometime this week.

Attachments

• IMG_8872.jpeg
    IMG_8872.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8871.jpeg
    IMG_8871.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8