What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Brothers 2023 Indoor grow

Brother Nature

You got me excited with this one, I wet 2 beans last night :D
Sorry to hear about the hermies, glad you caught it!
The Golfball is a good staple. It may not be the best at any one thing but it's a good all rounder :)
What's the go with the new light? Can you tell me the benefits and where you got it?
I was thinking of replacing my center light in the 2m x 1m main bud area with a cheap 400w HPS light. What do you think?
I cut a small branch of her to dry early during my last update and she smokes as nice as she looks. I doubt the hermie thing will be an issue for you, you have a well dialed in setup, I had a lot of issues this last run. But that is what clones are for... :sasmokin:

The golfball is looking nearly ready too and she's stinking up the place. She's ended up not too bad considering the abuse I put ehr through so tht is also a good sign. I'll have to wait till I smoke her, but my best guess is either a very good skunk cut or the hp x g13. I've not grown the HP x g13, but have smoked it plenty and she's got that kind of smell to her. In any case I'm excited about her and hopefully can make some bubble hash from the next run, she looks to be a great hash plant.

I got the CMH from the new sog website, whole kit was $390 all up including shipping. Chose CMH as I've not run it before and have always loved the cmh grows I've seen on this site, plus the wattage is the same as my LED's run so suits my power budget. I have yet to see, but from my understanding the CMH's have a more efficient spectrum that includes a bit more UV. Haven't grown with an HPS for a while, but will be nice to see how it compares, especially with the LED's.

Brother Nature

First girl is down tonight. The Mutant c99 is fully ready (according to her resin profile) so am chopping tonight. She smells great, like dank tropical punch. Veg growth was super slow and kinda unpredictable, grows viney and branchy, a lot like the real trainwreck did. Buds aren't huge, but are solid and resinous. All the plants in this run got stressed more than I would have liked and she just kept chugging on, suffered none. Will have to confirm once I smoke test her, but in every other aspect this is the cindy I've been looking for.

Plant profile - Day 55

full

Buds -

full

full

Brother Nature

So most plants are chopped now, Zkittles 2 is the last one left. Haven't been able to post photos or really type much of the last week as I had a minor surgery on my hand to remove a cyst, that then got infected. Have unfortunately lost some of the heads to mold, but that's not uncommon this time of year, with outdoor RH sitting around 87% as an average. Once my hand gets a bit better I'll post some dried bud shots and smoke reports.

@StickyBandit that Golfball is very much like you describe, it's an excellent all around high, at least from the early pulled branch. Clear too, I can smoke her before work and not be retarded, but just nicely high. If the properly matured product is better than this is definitely a keeper. I know how she works now too so the next run should do her justice.

StickyBandit

So most plants are chopped now, Zkittles 2 is the last one left. Haven't been able to post photos or really type much of the last week as I had a minor surgery on my hand to remove a cyst, that then got infected. Have unfortunately lost some of the heads to mold, but that's not uncommon this time of year, with outdoor RH sitting around 87% as an average. Once my hand gets a bit better I'll post some dried bud shots and smoke reports.

@StickyBandit that Golfball is very much like you describe, it's an excellent all around high, at least from the early pulled branch. Clear too, I can smoke her before work and not be retarded, but just nicely high. If the properly matured product is better than this is definitely a keeper. I know how she works now too so the next run should do her justice.
Hey, glad you like it mate (y) it can get quite strong when optimum conditions are met. I'm doing a few clones atm so I'll see about getting an original cut to you :)

Brother Nature

Alright, plants are dry and smokeable now so here comes the smoke reports.

First up I'll start with the c99 mutant.

IMG_E4408.JPG
IMG_E4409.JPG

Smell: Tropical fruit, there's an underlying pineapple smell, but it's mixed in with a tropical scent that's hard to pinpoint to a single type of fruit. It's relatively loud, but not immediately recognizable as weed.

High: Mostly cerebral but with an electric body. By electric body I mean you feel it course through you kind of like the come up from LSD or other speedy psychedelics. Euphoric more than stoned. Not overhelming, but can make it confusing to follow more than 1-2 things going on at once. It's a smiley outdoor kind of weed, you definitely want to be doing something on it, surfing, hiking, working out, etc... It's the kind of weed that puts you in the zone more than getting you fucked up.

Music: I prefer hippy music when smoking this, something you have to focus on like anything with long drum or guitar solos...

Brother Nature

Gelato

IMG_4407.JPG
IMG_4406.JPG

Smell: Like a lemon Gelato and kush. Super loud, one small bud in a bag in my center console in my car and the entire car stinks. Hard to hide.

High: Dick in the dirt weed, this strain floors me. It's that stupid grin, don't want to get off the couch weed. Going to the supermarket is hard after just a joint. Medicinal. Makes your eyes heavy, your brain slow, and everything else funny. Do not operate heavy machinery. Over indulgence makes you go to sleep.

Music: Something about GSC strains make me love hip hop. Instrumental music is good too.

Brother Nature

Sour Diesel

IMG_4411.JPG
IMG_4412.JPG

Smell: Creamy orange gasoline. Like a citrus cleaning product but less of a chemical smell. It's a penetrating smell, she stinks out a room, but not in an obvious way. The taste is quite different in that it is actually very sour, but not citrus, like a dry sour taste.

High: Complex. It seems to hit you in waves, one moment you're happy stoned, the next you can't remember what you were just thinking about. I think I pulled her a little early so the high is quite cerebral, but very long lasting. A little more body would round it out nicely. Good for both being active and chilling out, as long as you have something to focus on like a movie or video game or significant other.

Music: I like weird music on this. Classical is also very enjoyable.

Brother Nature

Here's the first plant that's seen only CMH and LED. I was trying a new organic mix with her so only fed her water. 5 weeks in I think. The plant is a Durban Poison cross, I haven't been told what my mate crossed it with but I know he had a green crack male he talked about a lot. Given the name and smells I'd say he crossed it to that. She looks pretty good, but threw up a lot of pistils in full veg so I hadn't cloned her.
IMG_4416.JPG
IMG_4413.JPG
IMG_4414.JPG
IMG_4415.JPG

Brother Nature

I've had an interesting stoned observation recently. Certain strains just keep traits throughout the generations and crosses. Things bread with DJ's blueberry line tend to have a certain look to the leaves. Things bread with skunk tend to have the same leaf structures throughout the generations and that skunk smell almost always dominates. C99 crosses tend to keep the same zig-zag stem structure and leaves. OG's tend to keep the same viney plant structures and small but dense buds. GSC based strains have a similar bud structure and high throughout their crosses. Hazes don't seem to follow this though, but I've not grown any real haze so maybe that'll be my next challenge.

Brother Nature

Alright, so I got a bit too stoned and forgot about the rest of the thread.....

Next up is the Zkittles. I'm a lot more impressed with this plant than I thought I'd be. So much so I've managed to rescue the 2 clones I tossed. Photos don't really do it justice, I wish you guys could smell this one.

IMG_4430.JPG
IMG_4431.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

Smells: Like what I'd imagine a skittles factory smells like. It's fruity but not particular with more than a hint of a chemical smell, like acetone, but less intense. It's loud as fuck, like the Gelato it's got a musky room filling stank.

High: More in the head than the gelato, but a similar body to it. It's not debilitating like the gelato, but gets you very very stoned. Don't do anything important after smoking a joint. Not stupefying, but slows you down so is better for things that require a level or relaxation to enjoy best. Very good for muscle relaxation.

Music: Chill music, I really dig soulful, chilled out music. Things with a simple but enjoyable beat and limited lyrics. **Edit: The below video is classed as chill-hop, that totally suits this...

Brother Nature

And here for @StickyBandit, the Golfball.

To start, I abused the shit out of this plant and she still smokes like a champ. There's speculation as to what this strain is and as much as I'd love to say I know, I have no clue. The best guess I could take is that it's a very good skunk or afghan cross, probably bread in Holland. It has both a very clear high, but you feel it in your body too. It's a very good cut and the high is like that high you think about when you want to get high.

IMG_4434.JPG

Smell: Skunky, but also savory. Almost like a herb heavy lasagna. Singular nugs have a skunk smell, but an opened jar smells like Italian food. It's super loud. Immediately recognizable as weed.

High: Sharp and euphoric. It stones you, but that's overpowered by a sensation of energy. Puts you in a great mood, stupid smile weed. Great party weed, social. Good active weed.

Music: Stoner Rock...

StickyBandit

And here for @StickyBandit, the Golfball.

To start, I abused the shit out of this plant and she still smokes like a champ. There's speculation as to what this strain is and as much as I'd love to say I know, I have no clue. The best guess I could take is that it's a very good skunk or afghan cross, probably bread in Holland. It has both a very clear high, but you feel it in your body too. It's a very good cut and the high is like that high you think about when you want to get high.

View attachment 18843028

Smell: Skunky, but also savory. Almost like a herb heavy lasagna. Singular nugs have a skunk smell, but an opened jar smells like Italian food. It's super loud. Immediately recognizable as weed.

High: Sharp and euphoric. It stones you, but that's overpowered by a sensation of energy. Puts you in a great mood, stupid smile weed. Great party weed, social. Good active weed.

Music: Stoner Rock...

Nice description (y) Thanks Brother :)
If that's a bad grow I'd love to see a good grow :p
I'm kinda happy you didn't know what strain it is, the mystery remains!
Still, it would be interesting to know.... :unsure:

Last edited:

StickyBandit

The leaves look pretty narrow, was the parent like that?
Mine are fat as, those are 5gallon pots and that's a few days back
Sorry to hijack ya thread :p

P1010955.JPG
SourD.JPG

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Yeah, the parent plant was a funky slow vegging mutant. The clones were slowish but grew pretty uniform once rooted. In veg she looks a lot like the bottom right plant in your first photo, she stretches about 2x her height in flower and starts showing much thinner leaves. I also notice double serration in the mid section of the larger leaves, kinda of a cool look to go with the variegation. If she were a houseplant I'd be in the money lol.

Brother Nature

Hey mate, funny was just thinking I need to do an update. Have been starting to get back into my seed collection. Amongst the Sour clones, I've sprouted some crosses my friend made, same guy who did the Durban x photo above and some of my own stuff. 5 are Gelato crosses, 5 are (Phantom Cookies x Black Domina) x c99, 5 (Phantom cookies x Black Domina) x ? and I've put down 11 Iranian landraces from RSC.

IMG_4458.JPG

Gelato, Zkittles, Golfball 'mums' and some cindy clones that badly need re-potting...
IMG_4459.JPG

Brother Nature

Flowering plants are at week 6

Golfball - Needs more feed, think I'll start feeding these separate than the others, they really drink a lot more, kinda like a kiwi...
IMG_4460.JPG

Sour Diesel - Has done pretty well this round...
IMG_E4463.JPG

IMG_4462.JPG
IMG_E4466.JPG

c99 - Fucked her up this round, too many variables, but should still end up ok...
IMG_E4464.JPG

Brother Nature

I had to catch up with this grow. Nice group of flavors you have, @Brother Nature . Is your hand all healed?
Thanks mantis mate. Hands good now, just a little tender near the wound, makes typing a lot a little strenuous, but that'll fade. It's a good group of different highs as well, the Gelato and Skittles are heavy and stoney, more medicinal. While the c99 and Sour Diesel are motivating and euphoric, but in different ways and the Golfball is a nice cross between the two. Still having some hiccups with the medium and ferts, but should have those dialed in next run or two.