What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Brothers 2023 Indoor grow

buzzmobile

Veteran
I have sent out a SoulMate with the intent of receiving a Gelato in return. You have confirmed my selection. I just recently got my C99 back and it won't be long before I can roll some again.

Brother Nature

Nice. Most of the gelato ended up going to my mum, she's recently discovered the wonders of medicinal cannabis over opiates so thought something more sedating would be good for her. She's a very slow vegger so I won't be running her for a few more runs, but want to do a mono crop of it and stock up. I don't know what seed company it came from, being down at the bottom of the world means we generally don't get the elite cuts you guys can run in North America, but at least we can find our own elites.

Next run will be the Cindy and Sour D. Both are such good plants, but have almost opposite growth patterns. I've never had the original c99, but I love smoking on this one, the taste, the high, hits everything I'm looking for in a strain.

And the Sour, another plant that started off super slow and mutated, but ended up 'fire' as the kids say...

IMG_4473.JPG

IMG_4475.JPG

Brother Nature

Update on the golfballs, for @StickyBandit. These plants scream skunk to me after this run. Aside from underestimating their hunger, I managed to not fuck them up so got a better view of the proper structure and growth pattern. Sticky had said it was his wife's favorite and I recently shared some with a lady friend who also said that out of my recent run, this one was her favorite. I like it a lot, but wouldn't say it was my favorite, so that's an interesting observation I don't see in a lot of strain descriptions. Would be a cool study to see why women and men prefer different strains or types of highs. I digress... Photos...

Week 7
IMG_4476.JPG
IMG_4477.JPG
IMG_4478.JPG

Brother Nature

Damn... pretty gutted... Somehow I'd managed to mislabel some clones a few runs back and the "Sour Diesel" I kept as a mum ended up being the shitty skittles plant... Had 2, one was a nice swuat indica dominant plant and the other was a lanky skinny plant that turned purple and had a medium high to it...

Really bummed about this, but did get a decent harvest of the sour from the last couple plants. Guess that'll be 'special occasion' weed now...

buzzmobile

Veteran
Damn... pretty gutted... Somehow I'd managed to mislabel some clones a few runs back and the "Sour Diesel" I kept as a mum ended up being the shitty skittles plant... Had 2, one was a nice swuat indica dominant plant and the other was a lanky skinny plant that turned purple and had a medium high to it...

Really bummed about this, but did get a decent harvest of the sour from the last couple plants. Guess that'll be 'special occasion' weed now...
I have felt the pain for having done the same on more than one occasion. Time to see what the future holds in seed form.

Brother Nature

Yeah, was a learning experience, will definitely have a better labeling program from now on. Do have some seeds on the go and a few in the fridge to get through. Plus some kind soul has sent me some very nice crosses and a particular c99 that is supposed to be the bees knees... To be continued...

Brother Nature

Haha, yeah I been a bit lax at updating this recently. Haven't really had a solid run recently, just a couple plants here and there over the last few months. Not all that impressive so haven't really shared. Have some new genetics in the pipeline as stated above and some decent clones ready to flower soon. Updates coming when I'm good and ready...

StickyBandit

You're going to have your hands full there Brother, good to know the seeds work :)
With these C99s they don't get much bigger after switching to the bud cycle

Brother Nature

The cannabis gods have shined their light down on me this week and I've managed to find and get my Sour Diesel back. Passed a bunch of the mislabeled cuts to a friend, caught up recently and found one of the flowering girls to be the correct plant. After a bit of convincing I got him to leave a bit of lower shoots on her and pass it back to me. I've managed to coax her back to life and she's now shooting off some new vegetative growth.

full

full

StickyBandit

How are your other grows coming along dude? Been a while between updates :)
I gotta ask, did ya chop those Sour D buds off and smoke 'em? :p

Brother Nature

I should have a decent photo update this weekend, nearly harvested the last run so will have room for the new stuff soon.

And, yeah, I totally cut and dried the top two buds on that revegged clone and smoked them. They would have been something like 16 weeks at that point so didn't do much aside from give me a little short buzz and a headache haha.

From those seeds, I've only managed to get 2 good c99's, had about 5 pop after placing them in the jiffys, 2 the stems weren't strong enough and hey died, the other I dropped when transplanting and lost. The two that made it are vigerous though. Have plenty more to run through though. Nearly all the BSP c99 crosses are going well though, some are very fast growing, really looking forward to see what those produce.

Sour Diesel ReVeg project (and a Peak c99 f7):

IMG_4585.JPG

IMG_4586.JPG

Brother Nature

Some updates...

Have finished experimenting with different soil mixes and nutrient profiles and feel I have finally found one that works well for me and my tent. Finishing up a few plants in the next week or so and will start to fill the tent out with some new genetics for the next run. Currently have mostly Zkittles in there, as well as a few test crosses a friend made that I ran. They were (Phantom Cookies x Black Domina) crosses, can't recall the males used at the moment but the plants turned out well.

Still running the led/cmh combo, seems to work best, but have had to add a humidifier to the room as the RH was sitting below 30% most of the day cycle, probably due to the heat added by the cmh. Sits at a happy 54% now and the plants have definitely responded better to that.

full

full

full

full

Some Zkittles, flowering date varies, at most 4 weeks, soil mixes vary as well...

full
full
full
full
full

Latest posts

Latest posts