What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Brothers 2023 Indoor grow

Brother Nature

Starting the new year off right with a new run. These first 5 were gifted to me by fellow member stickybandit, cheers bro. There will also be 3 clones of a mutant c99 I've been running outside and some seeds I've created, c99 x afghaan 90 and a local strain crossed with a cindy, Te Kakariki x c99. Here we go.

Strains:
Golfball (s1 created by stickybandit) - Female - Seed
Zkittles x2 - Female - Seed
Amnesia Lemon - Female - Seed
Sour Diesel - Female - Seed
c99 x2 - Mutant, seed created from Kwik seeds c99 (f2?) - Clone
Gelato - Female - Clone
Green Poison (local cut) - Female - Clone

Environment:
1.2m x1.2m tent
150mm extraction fan 150mm carbon filter
Veg lighting - 320w led (2 panel), Samsung lm301b, 3500k, 5000k, ir
Bud lighting - 320w led (2 panel), Samsung lm301b, 3500k, 5000k, ir, & 320w cree 3590 cob x6, 3500k
2x fans for air circulation
Medium - Canna Terra x Gro soil (local soil mix, cannabis specific), final pots 10L+
Medium additives - Dolomite, Perlite, BioFert + trace elements
Nutrients - Bio Canna, Veg, Bloom, rhizo, Bio Boost.

Plants are just starting out so not all that impressive so far.

Group shot - Golfball at the front
full

Golfball:
full

Zkittles:

full

full

Amnesia Lemon:

full

Sour Diesel - Probably not going to make it:
full

Seedlings, clones and some bonsai:

full

full

Last edited:

Brother Nature

She must have loved you a whole lot.
The eyes have it!
Yeah, well my current wife is blind so think I'll be good for a bit...

Onto the real thing...

Had a few seeds pop, kinda wish I labelled them, but I'll know what they are by flower time. Would love to say this is some kind of mutant or anomaly, but I think I may have just placed two seeds into this one jiffy accidentally. Cool they both sprouted though.

full

c99 mutant clone - Will give her a good wash before placing into tent as she came from outside...

full

The girls are starting to get their feet

full

The Sour Diesel girl is starting to look like she might make it, finally has a head developing, little hard to make out in the photo though. I like to keep anything alive that wants to live so we'll see how she turns out.

full

Some doofus who thought he could beat mother nature...

full

Brother Nature

What is the plant in the background in the picture of the C99 clone?
It is a thuja occidentalis, I’ve been really getting into bonsai plants so have been taking cuttings from the plants in my yard and this one seems to like rooting in the same environment as the cannabis plants. I’ve managed to get a kowhai (nz native) and a Japanese maple to root as well.

Brother Nature

@Brother Nature. Nice grow man, I am subbed for this one. I have had double seedlings from one seed a couple of times, so it's possible that you have twins from a single seed.
That’s cool, how did it end up did both plants grow or did one out grow the other? I’m constantly amazed at how adaptable cannabis can be.

@peace

I have never grown out both. I have pinched out the smaller one and let the bigger one grow and I have also killed off both as I usually start extra seeds. That Te Kakariki strain looks pretty interesting, will be cool to see what the cross is like.

Brother Nature

I have never grown out both. I have pinched out the smaller one and let the bigger one grow and I have also killed off both as I usually start extra seeds. That Te Kakariki strain looks pretty interesting, will be cool to see what the cross is like.
Sadly none of those seedlings made it :( The twins just died one day, the others damped off or didn't like the quick shift into the new environment. I have more so will give them another go at some point. Have been gifted two more clones though, a Gelato and Green Poison (not the sweet seeds release). Haven't grown either before but have smoked both and they're pretty nice.

I have a few photos of the TKxc99 cross too..

full

full

Brother Nature

Time for an update.

Plants are doing well, have added 2 clones, one is a gelato and the other is a plant called Green Poison that is a creation of a friend of mine. She's got a very cherry like smell in flower, very uplifting high.

Have been foliage feeding every 3rd day, feeding half strength non-ph'd nutrients to the soil every-time they look hungry. Will start full feed soon.

Strain order, left to right - Zkittles, Lemon Amnesia (back), Sour Diesel, c99, Gelato, Golfball, c99 (back), green poison, Zkittles.
full

Clones from the Mutant c99 -

full
full

Zkittles 2, slightly more branchy than the other, fatter, more maple like leaves.

full

full

Lemon Amnesia -

full

Sour Diesel - She's recovered quite nicely from a slow and deformed start to life. Top shot and side shot -

full
full

Golfball - Really interested to see how this one turns out, very maple leaf like leaves, slight stretch, good side branching.

full
full

Zkittles 1 - Shorter in stature, less stretch

full
full

StickyBandit

Looking good (y)
What was the Afghan 90 like? I nearly bought some. Sounds like nice positive vibes
The Golfball clones really easy. I was hoping you might help me to identify it. Maybe even pass a few clones around :)
We used to feed it EC 2.5 give or take. Looking back it seems quite strong :p

Last edited:

Brother Nature

I liked it, was a pretty chilled out old-school high, no ceiling and no paranoia. Got 2 phenos, pretty much exactly like RSC described too, I preferred the longer flowering one, had a more cerebral feel to it, but was a lower yielder and much more leafy, both made very nice hash though. The outdoor run I did with her was spectacular too. Think I may even have some seeds from that pack left.

I'll definitely be cloning the golfball, have a few mates I'd like to see run her too, they may be able to help with ID. I'm running an organic soil mix supplemented with organic bottled nutes this run so I'm not measuring EC, but nice to know she can take a lot of fert and still be happy. She seems to love the mix so far, have only fed her nutrients once.

We've been having some crazy ass weather here, but my little outdoor c99 mutant seems to be loving it, she's finally starting to show some flowers too. Running her inside too so will be nice to compare the final product.

full

full

Brother Nature

Yeah, I was thinking thrips or mites. They're quite common in my area this time of year. I had sprayed the shit out of them prior to moving into this tent though so hopfeully I got them. One day of mite spray, then a generic insect spray the day of the move. The new growth seems unaffected and the other girls in the room look unaffected so far too, but will definitely been keeping an eye on it.

Brother Nature

Have up-potted most of the girls in to their 10L pots, these may be the final containers, but I may up to 15L if it looks like they'll be too root bound by flower.

The base mix is Canna Terra Pro mixed with Gro organic soil (local cannabis specific soil). The Canna terra is technically a soil less mix witha bit of starter fert added, so I add the Gro, which contains a bit more dolomite, some neem, worm castings, etc..., plus a handful of extra dolomite, perlite, and a local organic product we have here called Biofert +, which includes trace elements.

Biofert Analysis -
full

Group shot -

full

Sour D -

full

Lemon Amnesia -

full

Gelato or Green Poison (I hate labeling things)-

full

Clones -

full

The Golfball (was looking a bit pale, but have given her a full feed and some foliar ferts)-

full

Latest posts

Latest posts