What's new

Bringing herb on an airplane?

C

Chamba

the less you have to conceal (or swallow) the better

as mentioned previously : dry sift your bud,

that way you are trying to conceal 3 grams instead of 30...

I think any one who carries bud in their luggage (check-in or carry on) is running a huge risk ...it's much safer to carry on your person and ten times safer again to carry it internally by swallowing or inserting

use several tightly bound layers of Saran wrap and use a lighter to singe the outside of the small "bullets"..then repeat this again with several "coats" of Saran..these can be ball or elongated in shape...it's important to make sure there are no rough or sharp edges ...you can also push these balls into small sized kid's balloons...the balloons can be pulled tight and knotted then the ball can be pushed back into the loose end of the balloon to double layer them so no smells will penetrate your herb..then trim the excess balloon ends

these "bullets" can be swallowed about 14 ~ 18 hours before you land in your hotel...

do your biz in the bath and rinse it all away

if you do the insert method then you enema/flush the herb out or let nature do it's thing

alot of you might wince at sticking something where the sun don't shine.....but once you get over it, 3 or 4 grape sized balls will not be felt after a few minutes ..you will forget they are there and you will have the confidence knowing that no matter what invasive or intrusive method they use they won't be able to see or smell your bud

Last edited:
C

Chamba

and if reducing an ounce down to a fine dry sift is not you and you still want to carry your gear on you (as opposed to "in" you) then at least make sure to remove all the sticks, grind the bud and then compress it down to rock hardness.......remove every tiny piece of stick or stem...this take quite awhile to do it right...

an ounce can be cleaned thoroughly and compressed into the size of an index finger (or two dependingon the strain) ...it's best to lightly mist the herb with alcohol (Everclear or other high octane booze) prior to compressing to make it all compact together better...you can compress bud, but it will spring back up, misting it slightly with hard liquor prevents this.

(a work bench vise works well for compressing ..make sure to wrap it tight soon after compressing....don't use alot of misting ..just a light misting spray is enough to help it hold together (and to prevent molding for longer storage)..

Last edited:

ninfan77

Bud on a plane is easy, a lil nerve wracking, but easy.

1. Don't take it unless you are flying within the same borders, USA - USA etc.
2. don't put it in any luggage or carry on
3. Wrap it up really tight, already grinded, joint, w/e. A small vaccuum seal would be good.
4. Crotch it, yep. Put it or tape it onto a 2nd pair of undies.
5. Proceed thru TSA checkpoint, ID / Boarding pass in hand, pockets empty.
6. Wear nice clothing, slacks, polo shirt etc.

Vermonster

first vacum seal the herb, then get a soft sunglassses case with a long draw string, loop tie the string through your button hole on your pants and then stuff it down your draws, stear clear of metal at all cost and do not check it. Rember any bag can be ripped apart at any time but the chance of a strip serach on non int. flight is slim. and if you look like a hippie etc. don't!

I dont get peoples constant paranoia.

First of all, the TSA has made several statements that they are looking for explosives, not cannabis. Do some research on the mmj and you can find where OCBC and ASA released the statement.

Second, if you dont just toss a bog of pot in your luggage odds are they wont even notice it. I always put my pot in my checked luggage. In a medicine vial, along with other medicines (OTC and Prescribed) into my toiletry bag and into my luggage. Been doing the better part of 15 years, last time I flew was about 8 months ago. To this day I have never had an issue.

Marcellas

Veteran
yea im leaving next week from ny to florida w/ a plane trip stopping in nyc than straight to ft lauderdale.. ill be there for 10 days including 4/20 so i need to sneak like an eighth of chronic over on the plane ride and some unperscribed hydrocodone for my back..
.. im thinking of double bagging it and taping it to my inner thigh near my sack. iv never tried this and havent been on a plane in years so what do you guys thiink?? ;)

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
sorry to hi-jack.. just reminds me of this crazy shit that happened to me a few years back..
i was on a greyhound headed to arizona from san diego.
it was late night as we were passing through calexico, CA..
right on the border of mexicali, Mexico.. (coolest shit ever IMO)
anyways border patrol pulls the buss over, K9's and all!
well in my suit case i had a quarter ounce of some nuggs, and with it some roaches to make matters worse!..
they had us all get out the buss and border patrol w/ K9s search through..
then they open the luggage compartment below and have the dogs sniffing though them!
i knew i was fucked! what was i gonna do stranded in some jail in fucking calexico!!!!
to my suprise the dogs passed up my shit.. not even a wiff appearantly!
i knew the gods were on my side that night!...

anyways as far as bringing herb across borders even international.
it maybe uncomfortable but tape it right by your nut sac.
play it cool and you should have no problems..

the only hard part about it is taking the shit off!
looking back at the time i did that i wish i would have water-proofed the bag so i coulda let the tape soak in the shower or something!

Marcellas

Veteran
thats a crazy story your lucky, sublime is the shit by the way!! does anybody have any advice or anything for me?

the Rock

I fly once a month every month,I have taped bags to the bottom of my foot(buds get squashed), put bags in inner lining of coats. small amounts carry and secure under nutsack in underware, my wife has done the same carried it in her thong.never ever had a problem but I dont fly international

blacksmith76

In the pre-911 days (like 10 years ago) I was flying back home from college and ended up next to another college student. This guy had barely taken the time to find out if I was "cool" or not when he announced that he and his frat brother grew weed in their frat house and that everyone got some come harvest time. He then opened his backpack and pulled out a baggie. It wasn't concealed or anything, just sitting there in his carry on. He was talking loud enough about it that I'm pretty sure most people around us heard, since it was an evening flight and pretty quiet. Then he opens the bag and says "get a whiff of that" or something. The buds were really wet, obviously just harvested, and I mean the smell of marijuana just starts wafting all over our area. I was pretty nervous at this point, even though it wasn't mine, but nothing happened. Lol, the good old days.

I can't believe people have brought stuff back from Amsterdam. I have been one time, and I got a serious interrogation on my way through the airport back to the US. I had smoked one last fatty at a coffeeshop before taking the train to the airport, so I was pretty baked. They had all these desks you had to stop at, and the guy at the desk I went to kept asking all these questions like "who packed your bags," etc. I guess it might be worth it if you can handle that type of stress, but it would be way too much for me.

I would say just mail some legal smoking blends to your location and chill with those until you get back home, there are some good ones out there.

blacksmith76 said:
I would say just mail some legal smoking blends to your location and chill with those until you get back home, there are some good ones out there.

Ah, that made me laugh like a lunatic.

I fly constantly, I flew out of Texas recently - no problems.

In a medicine container, in the checked luggage, in the toiletry bag next to all other prescribed and OTC meds. I know for a fact my bags have been opened and looked at due to shifted items. And never once have I had a problem, I would bet its never even gotten a single glance.

Not to mention the TSA is looking for bombs and weapons, not drugs.

A small quantity of pot isnt going to be worth their time.

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm still wondering who in the hell is this guy Herb and why does everyone want to take him on an airplane.......

G

Marcellas said:
yea im leaving next week from ny to florida w/ a plane trip stopping in nyc than straight to ft lauderdale.. ill be there for 10 days including 4/20 so i need to sneak like an eighth of chronic over on the plane ride and some unperscribed hydrocodone for my back..
.. im thinking of double bagging it and taping it to my inner thigh near my sack. iv never tried this and havent been on a plane in years so what do you guys thiink?? ;)

I PUT ALL MY HERB IN A SANDWICH BAG DOUBLE BAG IT, GET A PAIR OF NUT HUGGERS, PUT THE WEED IN BETWEEN YOUR NUT SACK AND YOUR ASS WHOLE AND YOUR GOOD TO GO!

Last edited:
ya you could sneak it on, and you will probably get through, but why risk it, theres still the chance you get busted, and that would suck, your trip would be down the drain, plus the legal issues, not fun. your better of mailing it to yourself, to the address your staying at in nyc

P

pSi007

i got an idea, see if the FAA can beat this trick.

first, regarding the weed in odd places. I.E. inside a full shampoo bottle. i know liq are banned but this and methods similar are a bad idea. many pieces of luggage are x-rayed. most people think only carry on is x-rayed, not true. if a x-ray tech sees a bunch of plant material crammed inside a asprin bottle or shampoo bottle for example, this will appear strange. the trick is is to make it not look obvious on an x-ray and NEVER bring metal pipes with herb on an airplane.

1. get a cig roller and filters
2. roll the herb in cig papers and filters using the cig roller.
3. get a pack of cigs, open it discard the cigs, leave metal foil in cig pack.
4. put joints in cig pack.

most herb is busted from x-rays, not drug sniffing dogs.

blacksmith76

KnottyDollar said:
Ah, that made me laugh like a lunatic.

Guess you never tried Spice Gold or Chillin XXX, Mr. expert, I wasn't talking about the crap buds they advertise in High Times. Anywhoo, I was just trying to help the guy out.

edit: I'm not trying to argue whether some herbal blends work or not, forget I ever mentioned it, I could care less.

One other thing I remembered is walking through DIA a few years ago and overhearing an airport security guy saying on the phone, "they found a small amount of marijuana in their bag." It sounded like someone had been caught and they were doing something about it, and this was is in Colorado, where it's a petty offense, not even a misdemeanor. I brought a joint on a plane years ago with no problems, but I always feel it's safer to assume that they care to some extent and act accordingly. I don't know what they'd really do if you were caught, but I imagine it would screw up part of your vacation.

Last edited:

dbuzz

Veteran
everyone i know that does this obv uses vacuum seals. double seal it, and double/triple pack it into something. like in a bag, in a bag, in a deodorant stick or something.

i know one guy took weed from atl to ak. this way. rest of them were direct flights with no overlays.

its easy people do it all the time, you just have to be very confident in your method

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Sorry for switching subject (from bud to seeds) on you here, but I must tell you about last weeks' exploits...

I flew out from Tel Aviv, in Israel, to a big European city with seeds in my luggage. Now, that may not sound very impressive to some, but know this.

There is nowhere on the face of this Earth where security measures are more draconian than on Ben Gurion Airport, not even in the White House or the Pentagon.
Every passenger boarding a plane goes through a security check that lasts at least 30 minutes, and can drag on up to one and a half hour. People with security issues of one sort or another will be detained until cleared, and if they miss the plane than so be it, Israeli Airport Security do not care.
Your hand luggage as well as you luggage will be taken apart completely, and I mean completely. Everything will be taken out and opened. If you carry a pack of cigarettes in your pocket, the pack will be opened and every cigarette will be taken out and checked individually and analyzed chemically for traces of explosives, just to give you an idea. Every piece of clothing will be unfolded, every dark corner, every seem and joint will be checked and felt, and equally analyzed chemically. Every piece of electronic equipment will be scanned individually, battery and chip compartments will be checked meticulously, and many of them will literally be taken apart. My laptop with an aluminium casing aparently caused them some problems in that sense, since I was not allowed to take it with me. It had to go as special courier. Then, you will be taken to a booth by a security agent, and you will be strip searched. Your hair, gentials and orifices will be handled with care, but they will be "handled".
Every little object in your luggage that fall outside of the ordinary will provoke a "What is this?"
I always travel with my bong mouthpiece, I always give them the same answer. "It's a mouthpiece. I always carry it when I travel, as a good luck charm."
It's kind of the truth, and it's important to tell the truth, because every inconsistent or otherwise odd answer will automatically produce several new questions. If for instance you say "Oh, someone gave it to me", the follow up questions will be "Who gave it to you?", "What's his address?", "What's his telephone number?", "Why did he give it to you?", "When did he give it to you?", etc. I've seen people go nuts and revolt to all this, and they only prolong the misery. You cannot beat them in this game. So the basic rule is, keep all your adresses and telephone numbers at hand, answer politely, even when you want to bite your tormentor's nose off, and wear clean underwear.

Well, I got through the check in 45 minutes tops with twelve seeds in my hand luggage. It was soo cleverly hidden. I saw the security agent pass over the area, handle it, grope it, once or twice. I had to look away. You might think it was a stupid thing to do, but they're not really looking for seeds, which will give you a slap on the wrist at most if detected, and I wanted to know if my method worked in the tightest of security checks. It did.
I now concider myself the Champion of Seed Smuggling, and unless you have a more impressive story to tell you must prostrate at my feet and admit my divine status :D

I then passed over an Italian Airport and went through another security check. It was understaffed, two young guys handled the metal detector and the baggage screening, but they weren't even checking anything, since they were totally immersed in a personal argument over whether Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Thierry Henry was the better soccer player.

What a joke. Everyone knows Zlatan rules...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rosy Cheeks said:
Sorry for switching subject (from bud to seeds) on you here, but I must tell you about last weeks' exploits...

I flew out from Tel Aviv, in Israel, to a big European city with seeds in my luggage. Now, that may not sound very impressive to some, but know this.

There is nowhere on the face of this Earth where security measures are more draconian than on Ben Gurion Airport, not even in the White House or the Pentagon.
Every passenger boarding a plane goes through a security check that lasts at least 30 minutes, and can drag on up to one and a half hour. People with security issues of one sort or another will be detained until cleared, and if they miss the plane than so be it, Israeli Airport Security do not care.
Your hand luggage as well as you luggage will be taken apart completely, and I mean completely. Everything will be taken out and opened. If you carry a pack of cigarettes in your pocket, the pack will be opened and every cigarette will be taken out and checked individually and analyzed chemically for traces of explosives, just to give you an idea. Every piece of clothing will be unfolded, every dark corner, every seem and joint will be checked and felt, and equally analyzed chemically. Every piece of electronic equipment will be scanned individually, battery and chip compartments will be checked meticulously, and many of them will literally be taken apart. My laptop with an aluminium casing aparently caused them some problems in that sense, since I was not allowed to take it with me. It had to go as special courier. Then, you will be taken to a booth by a security agent, and you will be strip searched. Your hair, gentials and orifices will be handled with care, but they will be "handled".
Every little object in your luggage that fall outside of the ordinary will provoke a "What is this?"
I always travel with my bong mouthpiece, I always give them the same answer. "It's a mouthpiece. I always carry it when I travel, as a good luck charm."
It's kind of the truth, and it's important to tell the truth, because every inconsistent or otherwise odd answer will automatically produce several new questions. If for instance you say "Oh, someone gave it to me", the follow up questions will be "Who gave it to you?", "What's his address?", "What's his telephone number?", "Why did he give it to you?", "When did he give it to you?", etc. I've seen people go nuts and revolt to all this, and they only prolong the misery. You cannot beat them in this game. So the basic rule is, keep all your adresses and telephone numbers at hand, answer politely, even when you want to bite your tormentor's nose off, and wear clean underwear.

Well, I got through the check in 45 minutes tops with twelve seeds in my hand luggage. It was soo cleverly hidden. I saw the security agent pass over the area, handle it, grope it, once or twice. I had to look away. You might think it was a stupid thing to do, but they're not really looking for seeds, which will give you a slap on the wrist at most if detected, and I wanted to know if my method worked in the tightest of security checks. It did.
I now concider myself the Champion of Seed Smuggling, and unless you have a more impressive story to tell you must prostrate at my feet and admit my divine status :D

I then passed over an Italian Airport and went through another security check. It was understaffed, two young guys handled the metal detector and the baggage screening, but they weren't even checking anything, since they were totally immersed in a personal argument over whether Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Thierry Henry was the better soccer player.

What a joke. Everyone knows Zlatan rules...
I can't believe you'd actually have us read that long assed story & then hold out on all of us the hiding spot you used. Thanks for sharing....... :spank:

Latest posts

Latest posts