What's new

Bringing herb on an airplane?

thcbound

So I will be going out to the state of Washington to do some salmon fishing on the Columbia in August and I want to bring some herb. I live somewhere on the east coast. Can anybody tell me the safest/best way to get a quarter ounce through airport security? The last time I took weed on a trip was a few years ago and I put it in a full bottle of shampoo that I put in my check on luggage. I won't even try that now that liquids are banned!

Also, my herb is cured and quite dry. I assume I will have to crush it into a dense ball (I cringe at the thought) to reduce volume, and that it might be better to have the herb moisturized. What is the best way to put water into the dry buds without ruining the taste/high when I smoke them after the flight?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
On a side note, we will be going to Mt Rainier and Crater lake national parks, anyone have suggestions on what the best/most scenic hikes are? I am an east coaster with no experience in the Pac. Northwest, so any info would be appreciated!

Well wear briefs and tape it on your balls. yes i know but thats what youll have to do. lol.
just a thought. Ive been through many searches from police like this. or like safety pin the bag to your underwear so its right on your dick. Good luck to yah. I for one would be way to sketched out to bring anything on a plane

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I'm not sure if I read it on this website or a different one, but I think I remember someone suggesting the following (or something like this):

Take the bud you are going to take with you, and wrap it tightly about 3 times. I guess it would help to break it up a little bit or grind it up (althought I've never ground weed up and then not immediately smoked it, I don't think it would have any adverse affects...).
After you have it all nicely wrapped and ready to go, melt a bunch of unscented white wax. Then coat the wrapped up bud 3-4 times. I've never done this, but I guess that prevents the dogs from being able to smell it unless they stick their nose in your crotch.
When you have it ready to roll, stitch and sew the bud into the crotch of your underwear in the most comfortable spot.

I think thats about it.

Good luck

G

easyskanking said:
or like safety pin the bag to your underwear so its right on your dick. Good luck to yah. I for one would be way to sketched out to bring anything on a plane

safety pin :noway:

The wax and sewing is a better plan :rasta:

Goodluck :rasta:

weaterdayz

a safety pin is dangerous might set the medal detector alarm
hash is the best way.....get NEW ziplocs triple bag it then wrap it in tape, then tape on you thigh

ibtokin

get yourself a SMELLY PROOF bag. put your buds in a ziploc, then inside your smelly proof. wearing latex gloves helps you leave no smell on the bag. package it up right before you leave to the airport so that the smell doesnt have a lot of time to permeate the bag. ive known several people who have taken a 1/4 or more this way. just keep the bag on yourself, in whatever way you feel safe.

dont crush your weed, dont pre-grind it, just take whole buds like you would have at home. pre-ground weed soon tastes like shit. make sure you have no metal on you, make it a one pass trip through the metal detectors.

find someone who lives over that way and get them to hook you up. Then you do not have to screw around with potentially getting rubber gloved by a big burley shirt lifter at the airport. Shit that would not be the sort of fishing trip you would want huh. Some fudge tunnel ferreting fellon finder.

big mike

what i did was had the wifey sew a pocket in the boxers.. near the crotch but a little lower, nearish the thigh..
i wrapped the bud in a few baggies, then covered the whole thing in vaseline, wrapped it a few more times in clean baggies and slid it in the boxers...
vaseline generally will not let any of the air escape the baggies, keeping the smells inside..
i did it to florida in October after 9/11 and Italy..
hope it helps you out..

UPS it to your residence in Wa. Ive used USPS but try not to unless I have to. Mail yourself a care package.

If you cant do that.....man up and fly with it. I once took an Oz to hawaii(after 9-11). Vacuum sealed it twice and taped it right above my dong. If you do this.....shave your goods....makes things 10x easier.

Coincidentally I too am going to WA later this month and will be having to mail mine soon.

AmishFarmer

I fly a few times a year.I just put it in my pocket.If it is not an international flight there is not going to be dogs or anything.When I go through the metal detector I take off my belt,shoes everything.If you don't beep they don't even look at you.If this makes you to nervous,send it to yourself as suggested above.

D

Dr.Smitty

Most definitely the mail route is the way to go. It really is amazing how friendly the mail can be.

Flights within your country are usually a non issue but international flights are a different issue all together.

scifreak69

i travel also and when i can send it and when i cant i put it in my pocket
in a film contanier wear short sandal and shirt and they wont even look at you
hell i had about 10 roches i forgot about in my shirt after the sci in nyc took it on the plane in my carryon when i got home they were thier little do i know i brought the mango haze to las vegas

Pixelante

Here's the best advice I know of for taking it through the airport. Triple bag while wearing latex gloves, maybe keeping it inside an old prescription pill bottle. Seal it ultra tight and squeeze all the air out that you can to reduce size for concealment.

After sealing it up, give the final bag a quick bath in rubbing alcohol or acetone to remove any microscopic traces. Put it in another place away from your other smoking stuff and let it air dry -- you don't want to contaminate it.

Note: The smell will eventually permeate all the layers of plastic at a microscopic level. It will probably take hours to do so though. So if you do this some time in advance, you may want to put it all into a fresh plastic bag (latex gloves for safety!) right before you leave.

Hiding spot: If I was you I'd hide it in my underwear, probably under/behind the nuts. Thats a place where you can put it where they're not likely to check, and if you make sure to go through the first round of security with no problems, you should be in the clear for the duration of the flight as long as you avoid any dogs you may see (without looking like you're avoiding them, obviously).

Best of luck!

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Ok, I took a half oz of one my crosses to amsterdam last year to share with a friend(im from the U.S.), and then i left the dam and took a high speed thalice(train) to paris and brought 2 grams of some smelly arjans ultra haze #1 there also, then went back to the dam (now emptyhanded) and scored 1 gram each of 5 different kinds and then went to good ol' schipol airport and got on my plane and smoked the bud with my brother when i got home! How did i do it? Well main thing when travelling like this, is to blend in and try not to think about getting caught. I force myself to think that i dont even have anything on me thats illegal. Always know airport procedures/ and protocol so you know how to pack without them having to stop you for a lighter or oversized liquid bottle or god forbid a metal detector. The less interaction the better, the more casual the better. Where did i hide it? I split my half into two quarters and wedged them between my cheeks! they were triple sealed bags. Now the smaller stuff like 2 grams and 5 grams I just had them sealed very nicely and carried them in my inside jacketpocket believe it or not. When i got to paris (by train) I actually had to spend 15 min trying to find a customs guy somewhere to stamp my passport and he wanted to charge me to stamp it! Usually on international travel, you cant get into the country without goin thru them but apparently paris dont give a fuck. But i do know that in europe they have undercover customs peeps who are trained to blend in and pick people comin off the train that look suspicious or show suspicious behavior to be questioned out the ass like you normally are anywhere else. hope this helps

thcbound

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I will do the turkey bag/vaseline/wax taped to my leg under my "boys". I appreciate the many responses and I hope someone else in a similar situation can learn from this thread!

Latest posts

Latest posts